Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:40 am

Oh, I see... *goes in the corner and murmurs to himself*

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:50 am

sweet, thanks.

(btw I am definetley making a katana/wakizashi set)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:00 pm

Cant wait... I will in any way i can Make a Chainsaw Mod. there will be no stoping me... Chiansaw will be avalable to EVERYONE! Mwahaha :twisted:

Lugamoo

Post by Lugamoo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:46 pm

im new and not readin 51 pages.
....lol

"The Amulet of the Wolf" multiplayer mode

Arena is a giant circle with 10 at the most gates for players.
each player wil have a room inside the gate, with a table with a katana,
sword, or the option of 3 throwing knives. On the FIGHT signal, the gates will open. Players will rush out and begin a bloody duel over the amulet.
the first person to get the amulet will become a wolf. By sticking somethin pointy into the wolf's stomach, the amulet will dissolve, the wolf will throw up blood and that blood will form another amulet.

THE PERSON TO HOLD THE AMULET LONGEST UNTIL EVERYONES' SPAWNS (3 of 'em) ARE USED WINS.

Oh, and when someone gets the amulet, they will start to shiver, then cracks will appear in them with blood spewing out, then their body will blow into fleshy, gory rabbit pieces (how 'bout some nice soft body physics) and there will stand a wolf with blood from the rabbit dripping off it.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:08 am

Love it! love the blood!

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:44 am

It sounds like a lot of work for David and his team. Do you really want it to take longer to make the game just for one multiplayer mode :?

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:41 am

That would be entertaining and all, but I think Nick D is right and I would prefer the multiplayer modes to be fairly simple.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:19 pm

Put in the standard multiplayer stuff,
and make it highly moddable instead.
To make the players do some work for you 8)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:41 pm

Now... I think it is time to see what the Development team will use as Game Mechanics and what they will say no to, and BTW

Will there Be Chainsaws In L2?
speak now or until release date Hold you're peace...

and another set of Questions I have... Will we See Skipper again? what did the raiders do with him? Did turner Burry the bodies of his Wife when He finished the game? Who became the King of the Rocky hall?
and Will there be a new alpha wolf, and if so, where will they strike!?

or will only Time, and you're next game Tell?

and i have an idea that may have been suggested but like the thought of.
you should be able to pick pub fights in towns. only rule is, you are not allowed to kill you're opposition. if you kill towns foke i think you should have to answer to the law and they lock you up and take you're deadly equipment and 200 currency for each person killed.

oh and there should be Drunken effects. EG: Turner walks legless, poor vision, slowed reactions etc.

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:40 pm

Sorry to kill your buzz dude, but I highly doubt the possibility of chainsaws being in Lugaru 2.
To mod a chainsaw into the game later is probably possible, if you can make the model.
From what I've heard the game is going to be pretty modable?
It would be cool to screw around with variables and physics, especially the soft body kind.
Maybe you could make it really easy to dismember enemies, with a, for example, chainsaw... ;D

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:15 pm

do you really want to know all the specifics of the campaign before it comes out? the game will still be fun, but the story line is way more fun when you learn it as you play.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:41 pm

Lugamoo wrote:im new and not readin 51 pages.
....lol

"The Amulet of the Wolf" multiplayer mode

Arena is a giant circle with 10 at the most gates for players.
each player wil have a room inside the gate, with a table with a katana,
sword, or the option of 3 throwing knives. On the FIGHT signal, the gates will open. Players will rush out and begin a bloody duel over the amulet.
the first person to get the amulet will become a wolf. By sticking somethin pointy into the wolf's stomach, the amulet will dissolve, the wolf will throw up blood and that blood will form another amulet.

THE PERSON TO HOLD THE AMULET LONGEST UNTIL EVERYONES' SPAWNS (3 of 'em) ARE USED WINS.

Oh, and when someone gets the amulet, they will start to shiver, then cracks will appear in them with blood spewing out, then their body will blow into fleshy, gory rabbit pieces (how 'bout some nice soft body physics) and there will stand a wolf with blood from the rabbit dripping off it.
I like the idea, but in my opinion the throwing up blood thing wouldn't work. How about, a person gets the amulet, and they keep it until they die, no turning into a wolf or blood barf. Then the person that killed them gets the amulet, and it starts over again until one person has a minute. It could be fun if it were executed right.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:00 am

what's the fun in not having projectile Blood from a really bad stomach ulcer and then Exploding? :)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:51 am

What would be kinda funny in multiplayer is a "Dangerous in Death" item where you explode in a mass of blood (ala: Lugaru 1 debug mode style...) when you die, killing whoever's near you.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:01 am

So the only way to safely kill the one with the amulet is with throwing knives, poisoned throwing knives, throwing a sword, a bow/longbow, etc? Or of course the long range style weapon usage in general, no matter what the weapon is. (Flying bo-staffs HURT, and so do flying nunchucks, especially if they're rocket propelled)