Help me find various softwares

Anything else
hdlsa
fruit salad

Help me find various softwares

Post by hdlsa » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:45 pm

Whenever I'm doing homework on my computer, I get distracted with some piece of software or utility that I could really use to make work more efficient. The search for these tools consumes me, but I can never find them. If anyone can help me out, I'd be very greatful. A widget or stand-alone thing would work fine, but keep in mind, the less CPU usage they take up the better.
PS - I have a PC, but most yahoo widgets work on all platforms.

1. A school scheduler that can rotate through various school schedules
2. A checklist that allows for organization
3. Quick, unobtrusive sticky notes
4. Little pointers that can keep track of the progress of loading bars to make sure they are moving.
5. Microsoft Word research services for google, ask.com and etc. (see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marke ... 11033.aspx )
6. Firefox search toolbar fold addon

If anything needs to be clarified, just ask.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:25 pm

Clarify numbers two, four and six?

For #1, I found this: http://www.lantiv.com/index.asp

For #3, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of sticky note programs out there, but this one looks the nicest.

I don't know if #5 is possible.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:21 pm

Hmm, I'm pretty sure lantiv is a program for school administrators to use to print out schedules for the students for the entire schools. I'm looking for something simpler, like a 7x7 spreadsheet that rotates through a column every weekday.
The sticky notes program looks ok, but the program I found looks a little better (see below).

For 2 I meant a to do list where you can add and cross off tasks to the list, but just a few seconds ago I found a program that does that and has stick notes, so I guess I don't need it anymore. http://www.hottnotes.com/

For 4, whenever I'm watching videos or waiting for things to install, I like to leave my mouse point at the tip of the bar and come back later to see how much progress it has made. It works, but not when you need to use your mouse for something else.

For 6, my firefox search bar is getting quite long and when I expand it to pick a new search engine, it gets harder and harder to find the ones I need. I need a folder kind of system, where I can put all the purchase search engines such as ebay and amazon in one folder and all dictionary searches in another folder and etc.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:26 pm

Is there a program that can open and close groups of applications with just a few clicks? I need a program that can 'switch modes' so to speak.

For example, if I want to do homework I need to start up hott notes, yahoo widgets and microsoft word. When I want to play games I want to open up xfire, itunes, steam and so on.

Is there a program that can do this in a quick, streamlined fashion?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Yes, just write a script that opens the apps in the background one after another. It can't get simpler than that ;)