Play Lugaru with your Wiimote on your PC

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.

What will you do with your Wiimote on PC?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:34 pm

Play Lugaru/Lugaru 2
83%
Make my own Wii-style games
No votes
Play everything else
17%

Total votes: 6

The_Spelunker

Play Lugaru with your Wiimote on your PC

Post by The_Spelunker » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:34 pm

Code: Select all

www.wiili.org
wiili.org is down at the moment

Google the program "GlovePIE"; it lets you use inputs from different devices and is the key to computer-wiimote functionality. I could e-mail the files to anyone who wants them. I got the files from wiili before it went down.

As for control debates, don't worry. You can customize the controls as you like (make any Wiimote button do whatever you want)

I'm not sure if other Wii controllers work this way, but we still have the Wiimote!
Last edited by The_Spelunker on Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

RhinoG

Post by RhinoG » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:14 pm

AWW HELL NAW!!!

CALL IN THE INTERNET POLICE!

THIS IS HERESY!

(or just plain awesomeness :P )

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:05 pm

It sucks that you can't use the nunchuck attachmen. This means you can't use the actual joystick to move your character, so you have to rely on the remote controller's d-pad. Also, there's no light sensor, so when playing an fps you have to tilt your controller to aim rather than just point.

Playing any kind of 3rd person fighting game with the Wii mote would be a bastardization of the game, even Lugaru. First person shooters would also tend to suck because the whole idea of pointing and shooting doesn't even work on the computer.

I mean, it's still awesome that you can use the Wiimote as a mouse but, games are going to be impossible to play and stuff.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:55 pm

Nothing is Impossible, Just impractical.
how ever, it may work with some game mechanics, but you wont see me using it for RTS. it could work with Counter Strike. I wont turn a complete No to it. Give things a Chance.

I will admit I am a little skeptical about that, but it may work..

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:57 pm

There's nothing there when I click the link :?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:23 am

Same here. Weird. Either defaced or killed by Nintendo. Or the provider didn't like the amount of traffic it produces.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:49 am

It shows the apache folder view thingie or something :\

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:55 am

Nuky wrote:It shows the apache folder view thingie or something :\
Google Cache catched this:
Wiili.org wrote:too much load on the server... :( we will be back soon. You can visit LiquidIce webpage untill we get back: http://wiihacks.blogspot.com :Tuxido

Update: Our current host is triying to help us by upgrading our server. We apreciate their effort, and we hope they are also part of this sucess.

Some video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asY_I8y6C0M

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:19 am

Remotes? Half-life 2? GOOGLE? NINTENDO SYSTEMS THAT SOUND LIKE SEXUAL BODY PARTS?!?
WHAT DA HELL?!?!!?

.....THIS IS COOL STUFF!

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:53 am

I don't know what happened to www.wiili.org, but www.wii-linux.com is the closest thing to it.

wiili had tutorials and information on the Wiimote on computer.

Google the program "GlovePIE"

That's what WiiLi used to make the Wiimote work.

I downloaded it before the site went down, and it has a simple programming language you can do anything with, or you can just use the pre-made Wiimote setup.

With some exploring, you can get the Wiimote to work with GlovePIE.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:36 am

That's what I was trying to point out in this other thread I'm too busy to look up right now. You basically just need a Wiimote, GlovePIE and a little configuration session and there you are with your hand-directed mouse jump in Lugaru.

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:43 am

I guess Wiili isn't really needed for this.

Wiili, and the other site I mentioned, are trying to run a linux operation system on a Wii. Just F.Y.I.

Apparently, GlovePIE is probably all we need. Also, you definately don't need a Wii, just the controller.

If anyone can figure out how to get the nunchuk to work with GlovePIE, I'd love to know!

P.S. Zelda is better than Gears of War! Check the ratings at metacritic.com! Metacritic averages the review scores of many,many publications, so the Metacritic score is the truth of what everyone thinks!

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:59 am

There are only few publicists who really write what they think. A lot of them won't bash a big title because they basically want to get along with the big publishers for different reasons.
One good example is Gothic 3. A lot of publicists told you that it's basically a good title, very few told you the true quality of it: Graphics quality far below what was expected (and promised), poor balance, uninteresting and repetitive gameplay, story sucks, weird performance issues... A bad title if you sum it up. It would have been an okay alpha of the game. If you like the percent model for ranking a game, it shouldn't get more than 60%.

The site you're mentioning is pretty accurate there, but I wonder how they manage to do this. I mean, I read a lot of reviews and Gothic 3 got at least 75% in average. I'd like to know the precise formula for their metascore of Gothic 3..

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:32 pm

rudel_ic wrote:There are only few publicists who really write what they think. A lot of them won't bash a big title because they basically want to get along with the big publishers for different reasons.
One good example is Gothic 3. A lot of publicists told you that it's basically a good title, very few told you the true quality of it: Graphics quality far below what was expected (and promised), poor balance, uninteresting and repetitive gameplay, story sucks, weird performance issues... A bad title if you sum it up. It would have been an okay alpha of the game. If you like the percent model for ranking a game, it shouldn't get more than 60%.

The site you're mentioning is pretty accurate there, but I wonder how they manage to do this. I mean, I read a lot of reviews and Gothic 3 got at least 75% in average. I'd like to know the precise formula for their metascore of Gothic 3..
Gothic 3 got a bad metacritic review, so metacritic stands as a truthful website!

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 am

After hundreds of truthful reviews, yes. One alone isn't enough ;)