Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:35 pm

I certainly wouldn't be offended to be one of the last three bunnies left along with Silb. Even if the other remaining bunny is a nasty filthy tricksy sneak, Precious (gollum!)

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:21 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:
Colicedus wrote:High point Defense:
I think i suggested this in random idea Dumping but here it goes anyway.
Rampaging Rioting Rabbits have Rebelled to there Monarch, there for they must Die. Your team is the fist that Will hold them back from breaking into the Fort. Do what you can to kill them before they make it into the Keep. You have been authorized to use a katana/Chainsaw (Please Clarify) on the Rebels.
Try to avoid stating an idea twice… :wink:

Either that or tell me what the difference between the two is.
Wait, what two games are you talking about? There are quite a few.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:35 pm

I'm talking about the similarity between High Point Defense and Invasion.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:21 pm

Colicedus wrote:High point Defense:
Rampaging Rioting Rabbits have Rebelled to there Monarch, there for they must Die. Your team is the fist that Will hold them back from breaking into the Fort. Do what you can to kill them before they make it into the Keep. You have been authorized to use a katana/Chainsaw (Please Clarify) on the Rebels.
You win by killing all of the bad guys.
You lose as soon as they get into the fort.
You use katanas (yes) and chainsaws (no).
invertin wrote:Invasion and Co-op invasion
In invasion endless swarms of bots fight against players, last one standing wins, in co-op invasion there are more badguys, meaning you have to work together and the goal is to get as many points as possible (Points= enemies killed + 1/2 of time survived of each player) and to make things even more co-op, points are shared between all players.
You don't win, you compete for your high score, and your team's high score.
You are simply eliminated while the game goes on.
Weapons aren't specified and the location can take anywhere, not just in a fort.

I like invasion because it seems more flexible to fit in as a multiplayer gametype for any level.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:56 pm

If you didn't see my point at all, there's no point discussing this.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:29 am

Umm... alright then, my bad.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:08 am

Now we don't know whose bad it is. :?

Either way, it's clear that they are very similar.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:48 am

Heres one for those of you who like Trips and traps.
Grave Robber:

you have all under one team went on an expedition into some ruins.
There are monsters and Pit falls that await. Traps that must be overcome, and Team work is needed. your mission, get the artifact and escape the Temple. and only one victor. you must use your allies to the best you can, and at the same time, trick them and trap them. one Gold, one victor. these items can also help you as well. each level has a randomly generated peace. it may turn you into a wolf like creature if used. you could shoot rays out of it etc.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:05 am

HELL YEAH!!! :shock:

Yeah, I like that sort of thing alright. :P

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:19 am

are you being Sarcastic? :?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:47 am

Nope.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:38 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:HELL YEAH!!! :shock:

Yeah, I like that sort of thing alright. :P
Than whats with the :P ?
I always thought people were being cheeky or sarcastic or both when you use that emoticon... :?

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:19 am

Randomisation arena
This is a tournament style play (1v1 with others waiting) but with a twist, every now and again the game slows down to a near halt, then the level changes to another lvl (http://www.stickpage.com/anicedaytodie2play.html is a good example of this) which can lead to some cool fights.

E.G
Guy1 and Person2 are fighting in "Peaks" lvl, and person2 knocks guy1 off his peak with a rabbit kick, the lvl changes to "Castle" meaning that there is now a wall in between them, person2 smacks into the wall and guy1 looks for a way around the wall

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:22 pm

I wonder how practical that is to implement - because I think the level-fading/loading could be extremely entertaining if you could work around the obvious problems it brings up.

Either way - its good news to hear that the beginnings of multiplayer is already in :)

I like the idea of starting with a random item or power and collecting these as you defeat your opponents - almost Battle Royale style :)

Of course you could keep that simple by dividing out a wide range of weapons and armour from the list - the players will then collect the items that suit them as they work down to a single survivor.

Might need to put a time limit on the game so that people defeated early don't have to wait an unreasonable time...
...not that battles in Lugaru lasted that long anyway.

But yeh - something like a 5 minute timer or (taking inspiration directly from BR) you could have areas sealed off during the match forcing the players closer and closer so they have to fight and can't just hide away and leap out at the last moment to claim victory from a very skilled but badly wounded player.

Though that might just be considered strategy.

Anywho - just adding to the cooking pot :P

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:49 pm

I love the Combat system of lugaru, It takes a few seconds to taste defeat or to kick some ones ass. like in a real fight. some one is not going to take two hours to kill one person... a fight to the death should last half a minute if less...

In my Idea i added just before the fights would be a bit closed in... but have a few doors... I also like working together, and the idea of everyone after the same goal, one victor, and at the same time, they have to work together otherwise no one can get the item...

anyway, an idea with the level warping...
You could have battle arena mode... random enemies pitted with each other, but instead of warping, lets say if one guy gets smashed so hard he lets say, Flies though a door, falls off a cliff, or falls though a glass window, the other player automatically jumps after him (safely) and they are in a brand new place...

Example that may be better: player 1 round house kicks player 2, he ragdolls near a wall and breaks though the wall... player one jumps though the wall and finds himself in a volcano, with a bit of fighting, player 2 counter reverses player 1s punch and player one goes flying in the air, he finds himself in a meadow and player two jumps down and is about to kick the snot out of him... etc.

My point is, Dynamic random generation of a zone like that...