Becoming Death, and Flipping One's Head

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
tallyl.iii

Becoming Death, and Flipping One's Head

Post by tallyl.iii » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:44 pm

I was playing the campaign mode through for the second time on insane mode and was on the sentry level. I had died several times before this happened. Then I got to the second post and threw my knife into the back of one rabbit and then attacked the second. He ended up running away and getting the single armored rabbit that is on the farthest post. I hid and waited for the armor rabbit to leave, which he did. Then I killed the original survivor rabbit (I can't remember how), and went to the next post where the armor rabbit was continuously running into a rock at the base at the right side of the post. I rabbit kicked him into the rock and all three of the other rabbits saw me and ran after me. I ran down to the left side of the post and started wall-jumping off the big square watch post and then ran around in the significantly lower part of the map. I tried attacking them one at a time and it didn't work too well. Then I waited for the first rabbit and spin-kicked him. I immediately disappeared and got the "Tough of Death" message and then he disappeared. I would then disappear if I was doing anything other than running and the same was happening with the other rabbits. Whenever I attacked a rabbit I would get the "Touch of Death" message and then he would disappear. A screenshot follows. I was not using debug mode. I was using 1440x900 screen mode just I resized the image.

Sorry, I test a lot of software and submit way too detailed reports.

Also, Turner's head turns backwards briefly during a tackle. (I love the Darko skin, thanks for including it.)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:51 pm

Hmm, that head thing reminds me of the time the other day I tried to get a gif of turner's head spinning around and around and around like an owl by using the effects of reverse motion.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:52 am

That area where Turner seems to dissapear is the same place you end up if you set speed to 30.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Re: Becoming Death, and Flipping One's Head

Post by Usagi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:44 am

tallyl.iii wrote:I immediately disappeared and got the "Touch of Death" message and then he disappeared. I would then disappear if I was doing anything other than running and the same was happening with the other rabbits. Whenever I attacked a rabbit I would get the "Touch of Death" message and then he would disappear.
I've had this happen a number of times. If the other bunnies make a successful attack, you die and hang in limbo with only the heightmap showing. You have to quit to get out of it.

I've never figured out what causes it, although it only seems to happen when I've been playing for a long time.
tallyl.iii wrote:(I love the Darko skin, thanks for including it.)
T loves it too. He carries a Donnie doll wherever he goes.

BunnyWithStick wrote:...the other day I tried to get a gif of turner's head spinning around and around and around like an owl...
Like this?

tallyl.iii wrote:Also, Turner's head turns backwards briefly during a tackle.
That also seems to happen a lot, even when he's not rolling.

Image Image

These effects are more pronounced in Slo-Mo, and if you go into Super Slo-Mo, you get some truly weird and hilarious images, like T turning inside out when he flips in the air. I should make a gif of that.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Re: Becoming Death, and Flipping One's Head

Post by NickD » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Usagi wrote:T loves it too. He carries a Donnie doll wherever he goes.
:lol: I'm going to put up a GIF of turner with a Wolf-Staff :P .