Wii!

Anything else
tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:20 pm

@Zaphon

A solution to the computing problem! Wii Rising could be Dead Rising with Black Shades graphics!

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:28 pm

Black shades 2 should be like dead rising. Only with physics based moving and stuff.

lokijki

Post by lokijki » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Posting from Wii Opera browser now. It rocks.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:17 pm

Mike_Cuzins wrote:they graphics story and all that other jizz is really good (although nothing beats ocarina of time)
I find the story to be much better in Twilight Princess. In OoT, the story was just a device to get you from one dungeon to the next. In Twilight Princess, you can go a good four hours before even discovering information about the next dungeon. It's a much better design.

And, even if Wii doesn't pack the graphical punch of the other systems, TP's artistic design blows me away. It's really a showpiece for the idea of design over graphic power.

Also, is the Opera browser out already?

loki J Lo
What's "what's a computer"?

Post by loki J Lo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Apparently TP uses around one fith of the Wii's graphic capabilities. Not saying I don't like the games graphics, it has amazing art design, but when a new Zelda game comes out that was made specificly for the Wii, its most likely going to have much better graphics.

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:06 pm

loki J Lo wrote:Apparently TP uses around one fith of the Wii's graphic capabilities. Not saying I don't like the games graphics, it has amazing art design, but when a new Zelda game comes out that was made specificly for the Wii, its most likely going to have much better graphics.
It only uses one fifth? Wow, so all those fps ports could look much better than they do, but those companies just won't make their games good on the wii. They also love to remove multiplayer modes! Multiplayer online is what makes all the great fps games so great. At least Smash Bros. will be online in 2007.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:07 pm

Wasn't there some sort of multiplayer mode in the SSBM? I mean, not that anyone ever used it, but wasn't it there?

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:19 am

Albab wrote:Wasn't there some sort of multiplayer mode in the SSBM? I mean, not that anyone ever used it, but wasn't it there?
?

If you mean SSBM Online, no. If you mean 4 people plugged into the console, yes. And trust me, 4 player SSBM was really fun while it lasted. I still play the original though. :P

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:47 am

I could have sworn that I saw a waiting room and such there, as if for severs. Hm.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:38 am

So I've been playing the Wii a lot lately... I can't say I am terribly impressed. I think I bought into the hype too much and now it seems kind of overblown. The controller does not seamlessly become a golf club or a tennis racquet. No, it becomes a shitty accelerometer that needs to be babied into doing what you want it to do.

I guess I was expecting some kind of virtual reality where the controller perfectly knows where it is in three dimensions. Instead, it's a glorified duck hunt gun that can detect acceleration.

I will still buy one for Smash Brothers, but as far as I can tell, the Wiimote is a gimmick.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:48 am

That's exactly why I got Zelda TP for Game Cube. Warning: It is highly addictive! :P

Edit: Jeff, you've been cussing more than usual tonight. Go to sleep. And I'll see you tomorrow... at your house that is :P .

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Jeff wrote:So I've been playing the Wii a lot lately... I can't say I am terribly impressed. I think I bought into the hype too much and now it seems kind of overblown. The controller does not seamlessly become a golf club or a tennis racquet. No, it becomes a shitty accelerometer that needs to be babied into doing what you want it to do.

I guess I was expecting some kind of virtual reality where the controller perfectly knows where it is in three dimensions. Instead, it's a glorified duck hunt gun that can detect acceleration.

I will still buy one for Smash Brothers, but as far as I can tell, the Wiimote is a gimmick.
I dunno, the controls work awesomely for Twilight Princess. The Wii Sports as a whole are kind of broken. And I'm sure sometime in the future a developer will use the controller to do something wicked awesome.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 am

NickD wrote: Go to sleep. And I'll see you tomorrow... at your house that is :P .
This is scary...

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:01 am

Atheist madman!

HEATHEN.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:53 am

Jeff wrote:
NickD wrote: Go to sleep. And I'll see you tomorrow... at your house that is :P .
This is scary...
I think he likes you in a creepy deviated way :?

anyway... are your sure your Wii remote is not broken?