Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:52 pm

I didn't say to take those away, I just said there should be more to stealth, if they hear you they will investigate what they heard, if it was just a bush or a tree swaying in the wind, they'll ignore it. If it's a knife hitting the floor they'll take the knife and search for you, if they find you hiding in a cuboard or something, a fight approaches.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:08 pm

Oh, I didn't mean you were gonna take 'em away (you couldn't, unless you have powers we know naught of) or even suggested it.

I just love stealth (in moderation) and enjoy the animations.

I'd like to see a few more ideas, like Neck-Twister! 75 points! where you sneak up, grab his chin and the back of his head, and SPIN! SNAP! Thump.

Or, Garroted! 150! where you sneak up with your cord, carefully crafted from sisal fiber you discovered in a field behind the old Rocky Hall, with a knot where it hits the Adam's apple (present in bunny necks? who knows?), cross your arms so there's a loop, whip it over the head, snap your hands apart, GASP! CRUNCH! Gurgle! Thump.

Or drop the loop from above, and jerk upwards: Hanged! 300! GURK! Writhe! Thump.

It would also be nice to have some scenarios where ya gotta take 'em out without killing, or making noise: use the garrote to cut off their wind, or half-way through a Spine-crusher you stop and let 'em hang 'til they go limp.

Or, capture and control them with your arm around their throat and a knife point in their ear, so they have to open a door or chest: get what you need, then sap 'em, shove 'em in and lock the door.

Stealth can be fun if not overdone.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:56 pm

If you Garrote too hard you can completely remove the head from some one... oh yea... with High strength doing a Neck twist you should be able to rip the bunnies head off and pull out his spinal as well! that way you have a Free mace that can cause repulse or even a ranged weapon by kicking the head at other rabbits. like in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSGZYkBwQFs

(I am a peter jackson Nut, what can you do about it)

Now onto another Idea I was wanting to post.

Since In multiplayer there will be lots of Jumping around with everyone there will be so many nice aim kills its not funny... Unless there is something else planned here is a suggestion.

While in air and about to collide you should be able To hold attack to do a mid air punch or kick, and hold shift if you think he is gonna attack so you can do a mid air throw or another reversal type.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Airial attacks, but if you really don't want to get kicked in the face, flip into whoever you're jumping into so you wont take as much damage. Airial counters would just be silly. "Airial Staff disarm!"

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:13 pm

invertin wrote:Airial attacks, but if you really don't want to get kicked in the face, flip into whoever you're jumping into so you wont take as much damage. Airial counters would just be silly. "Airial Staff disarm!"
Why not?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:22 pm

You should be able to land on their shoulders and break their necks :P !

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:57 pm

That too and all...

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Curb-stomping! Considering the strength of Turner's legs, it ought to be quite effective.

Also, Col that clip was more than slightly disturbing.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:09 pm

What? Thats my favorite skit from Bad Taste... it makes me crack up every time i see it...

If you look at the lacerations of the head you can tell its fake.
also.. that thing that when i first saw it I though was the guys throat or something coming out of him is actually his hand, and it looks so fake as well... other than that

Get Rid of it...

Chrunch.

Squoshy sounding Ka Biffff Out the Window!

The old Magic's Still in here

LMAO :lol:

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:25 pm

It would be very, very cool if stealth kills in themselves were minigames, like for the hanging garrote you have to keep tapping W to keep pulling him up and keep tapping Shift to keep your grip strong... instead of just "click *drools while the lengthy animation unfolds*", it would require more user interaction, which I think would be fun!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:39 pm

Yeah, but perhaps something different? That sounds a little too un-lugaru-ish.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:25 am

Minigames all together are unlugaruish, but strangling should be more than just watching...
What if you have to keep clicking but the clicks have to be in rythm? If you lose rythm (get exited and speed up the clicking) then the wire wouldn't be tight enough to kill and they could get out, or you manage to miss they're neck with the knife, ect ect.

The staff should have a stealth kill to, put the staff in front of the're neck, pull back and strangle...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:48 am

Personally, I think that a good whack over the head counts as a stealth kill, or at least should as long as you aren't seen.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:50 am

Ok... Just tell me, how easy is it to get out of a garrote Invertin.
behind some one with a big loop of wire flipped over someone's head. all thats needed is your arms to pull away or the person to try and run to do the work for you. if you try to get your fingers in between the garrote and your throat you'll simply face loosing the ends of your fingers.
I don't know were this Clicking stuff come into play.

also its a good idea when garroting some one to make them loose balance, that way the person dose not thrash around. you mainly do that my smashing there butt with your knee.

and of cores... there needs to be a Rabbit/wolf head foot ball, even as a mini game game would rock.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:34 am

I know but what else it going to go wrong while strangling some-one?
Head-ball... Multiplayer game mode mabye?