Wii!

Anything else
invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:27 am

Yeah but in NES super mario bros luigi is white and green.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Gravedigging old me finally got his Wii. I'll be setting it up tonight when I can actually get to the TV (my headstrong grandmother happens to be sleeping about a foot in front of it at the moment).

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Yeah... I'd have a wii if they didn't fly off the shelves the instant a shipment got in. I'll probably have to wait a few months before the rush dies down.. And I still need a bigger TV to be able to see anything. I swear to god, I'm playing a SNES. Mariomariomario -twitch-

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:37 am

Mmmm, Mario. 8)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:21 am

Now you made me hungry for chocolate :(

Esen

Post by Esen » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:15 am

I'm gonna wait for ps3. I'm not much of a Nintendo person. The way i see it:

Wii: For people who like the interaction with the game.
Xbox 360: More of the online play, the way i see it, as its been the most steadiest so far, i hear.
PS3: For more of a range of games, and killzone 2. that looks good.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Wii: Fun to play, but nothing really held my attention for that long.
PS3: Not enough games out that I wanted to play.
Xbox360: Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Burnout Revenge...what can I say?

...I bought a 360...Nothing wrong with the other systems, but all the games I wanted to play were coming out for the Xbox 360...
Here's a good way (I've found...) to buy a system that you'll actually want to play and won't regret.
1. Start saving money.
2. If a brand-spankin' new system comes out on shelves, hold off until they come out with a second updated versions that fixes all the kinks.
2a. Keep saving money.
3. Look at all the systems out there and see what games are out that you want to play and what is coming out soon. Don't go looking at the games that have just been announced or are coming out in 6 months or so...that's actually quite a while and they could have some changes or hold-ups.
4. Buy the system that has the most games that you want to play on it, that way you'll get the most enjoyment out of it.

And above all...Ignore people's opinions about the game systems. Sure, listen to the technical information and what games are coming out and such, but go find your own information on it, don't base it on what other people say, because usually, they'll base what they say about each system on their personal preferences.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Wii: For people who are new to gaming, or got eyetoy for the PS2
Xbox 360: For onliners yes, but also for halo fans and people who like graphics
PS3: For those who are rich ($729.99! WTF!? And thats used and new on amazon!)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:42 pm

I got an Xbox 360 and I don't use it for online play...mainly because it costs to get a Gold membership, but all game updates and such are free. :twisted:

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:44 pm

I don't use mine for online play, I got the premium and I'm saving the free online time for when halo3 and fable2 come out.(Not that fable2 will be online but, you never know!)

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:41 pm

I don't have a game console, but I'm in the process of saving for an Xbox 360. From technical information, news reports, and playing them at a friends houses I've figured between them

Wii: Great hype, but sensory on the controllers needs work, like in Zelda, you can either flick your wrist an inch or swing the remote in a huge arc, but it doesn't know the between them.

Xbox 360: Halo, and other games that I want.

PS3: Overpriced, both the console and the games, and I've never been a fan of the Playstation series. Takes a large, industrial-sized fan to cool one unit down.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:43 pm

I stopped liking the playstations after my PS2 broke 2 times in a row, in the same place, leaving me with a useless spiderman2 game :(

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:29 pm

I love the 360 also but sadly, the sequel for one of my favorite games ever, Ninja Gaiden, is going to be PS3 only. :cry:

I'd say Halo 3, Gears of War, and Assassins Creed are what would make me buy one if I had enough money, but as a casual gamer the Wii suits me and my wallet the best of the three.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:51 pm

Kalexon wrote:PS3: Overpriced, both the console and the games, and I've never been a fan of the Playstation series. Takes a large, industrial-sized fan to cool one unit down.
You still need a huge-ass fan to cool off the Xbox 360...have you seen the transformer on the power cord? Not only is it almost the same size as the Wii, it's twice as heavy...it has a built in fan...but it's your own handy-dandy beating stick...also, they suggest you still get an attachable fan for your 360...yes, even the new ones, which don't need it...
There are two models out right now...
One, which plugs into the back of the 360 (this is the one I have...), where the air comes out the hottest, advertises that its the quietest fan...yeah, maybe quieter than you swamp cooler...However, the clip that keeps the power cord held into the back of the 360 is not on the back of the fan, so you can pull the cord out by accident if you aren't careful...It does a good job at keeping the system cool though.
Price when I last checked: $19.99
The second one attaches to the "bottom" of the 360, where the "footpads" are. This one is powered by the USB port and it still allows you to use it. I haven't tried this one out yet...but I may get it because hey, get both fans, and have the best of both worlds...but that's just me being insane.
Price when I last checked: $25.99

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:23 pm

tallyl.iii wrote:I love the 360 also but sadly, the sequel for one of my favorite games ever, Ninja Gaiden, is going to be PS3 only. :cry:

I'd say Halo 3, Gears of War, and Assassins Creed are what would make me buy one if I had enough money, but as a casual gamer the Wii suits me and my wallet the best of the three.
Actually, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is just a remake of the original Ninja Gaiden with beefed up graphics. Nothing too new.

Assassin's Creed looks so awesome. Those guys know what they're doing.

Also, on topic, I finally got my Wii. Too bad the only good game that's really out right now is Twilight Princess. Fortunately, the retro gamer in me is being satiated by Gunstar Heroes and Super Castlevania IV.