New Here, Need Help?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
V|P

New Here, Need Help?

Post by V|P » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Okay, I've been playing Lugaru for a while now, and I love the game but its far too short. I think we need some third-party mods other than the temple mod. Anyway, I've noticed that all your games have well, sort of a crappy menu/load screen (not being rude or anything). This is sort of surprising since the rest of the game seems to be made by pros. Anyway, I'm really good at Cinema 4D, Photoshop, and Flash, so if you guys want better menus/load screens....

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Can't be done; David does not wish to release the source code.

But if you're really as good at that stuff as you say, perhaps you can entertain us with pretend Lugaru 2 menu mock-ups and the like.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:38 pm

Image editing of the menu screen would be easy and very appreciated by me at least.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:00 pm

V|P

Post by V|P » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:40 pm

leDoOd wrote:Can't be done; David does not wish to release the source code.

But if you're really as good at that stuff as you say, perhaps you can entertain us with pretend Lugaru 2 menu mock-ups and the like.
I don't need the source. I'd just make the images and send them them to him. They'd be GIFs, JPEGS and what not, then he could convert them or I could convert them if he wants. That's for the menu. The progress bar could be a .swf or something.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:13 pm

If you think the menu and loading screen is bad, why aren't you complaining about the lop poly models and lack of object types?

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Low polygon numbers serve a purpose i.e. make the game speedy even on old machines and aren't necessarily ugly (case and point: Black Shades). The menu, however, could be improved hugely with very little effort and no drawbacks.

And, Jeff, I agree. Phoenix UI is definitely the best game UI I've ever seen. Why? Because it's Mac Ossecks of course!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:27 pm

Yes, but why do we need better menus? It doesn't help the gameplay in any way to have an extremely good looking menu or loading screen.

And why are you telling me what purpose low polygon numbers serve? I'm not complaining about them, I'm complaining about V|P.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:34 pm

But it's a more professional presentation. The original menu from the beta rocked.. too bad it got cut :(

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:43 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:If you think the menu and loading screen is bad, why aren't you complaining about the lop poly models and lack of object types?
I'm saying why he wouldn't complain about polygon count but would complain about the menus.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:50 pm

It sounds like you'd prefer to look at an utterly amazing menu screenshot than play the game itself.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:48 am

V|P wrote:
leDoOd wrote:Can't be done; David does not wish to release the source code.

I don't need the source. I'd just make the images and send them them to him. They'd be GIFs, JPEGS and what not, then he could convert them or I could convert them if he wants. That's for the menu. The progress bar could be a .swf or something.
A progress bar as an swf in a non-flash game? Wtf? You really such an expert?

Besides, saying 'Yo, I'm good at this and that stuff' would be okay if there would be proof of it.

Not the worst first post ever, but close. At least in my humble opinion.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:42 am

Geeze, you don't sound to Humble Rudel_ic. :?

Welcome VIp Excuse every one.

What kinda stuff have you made?
I would love to see it. :)

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:47 am

It isn't for rudel to sound humble, he isn't the one making claims to grandiose abilities. It is for V|P to prove his abilities in question.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:20 am

Colicedus wrote:Geeze, you don't sound to Humble Rudel_ic. :?

Welcome VIp Excuse every one.

What kinda stuff have you made?
I would love to see it. :)
Alright, then in my not so humble opinion.

Come on, I'd love to see it as well, but a first post that's trying to bitch at the menu of an indie game to show off unproven skills is not really what you'd expect here, or is it?

I'm waiting for some awesome menu sketches to get the opportunity to say sorry and how stupid I am that I could think somebody on the internet wouldn't be able to do the stuff he promises.