Games that just aren't here

Anything else
tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:21 pm

rudel_ic wrote:I don't know... Pr0n games that are not ridiculous?
Give the man a break, he just misspelled Tr0n. :wink:

Rare Genres. . . RTSS(i.e. Savage), horror games where you are actually unarmed and afraid like Penumbra (Yes, I hate you, Doom 3), because I honestly am not that afraid of anything that I can both outsmart and blast to giblets with a few shots.

Games that I wish were here. . . Starcraft Ghost!

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:46 pm

A game with retro graphics, like Darwinia. Not many of those anymore.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:35 pm

"Tank" and "BuzzerX Chainsaw"

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:23 pm

yeah I wish sc: ghost would come out, but then again if it's only gonna be console then I can't play it ever anyway.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:26 pm

Szs315 wrote:Shareware games aren't always unique…
Does it matter? I'm talking about decent shareware games, not unique ones.
Szs315 wrote:Also, you can buy commercial games online. Ever heard of renting or buying through mail or shipping? Or how about downloading a game through various programs/sites such as Gamespot.com, Steam, Direct2Drive, and more?
As far as I know, downloading something through Gamespot will probably only let you download a demo. I despise demos. I don't know anything about Steam or any others, but I'm never going anywhere near 'em. And did you just say through the mail or shipping? That's not something I do much, heck, I don't even buy shareware much, but buying commercial games that are shipped to you in a box isn't something I do, at least not now.

Szs315
Closet Mac lover

Post by Szs315 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:33 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:
Szs315 wrote:Shareware games aren't always unique…
Does it matter? I'm talking about decent shareware games, not unique ones.
Szs315 wrote:Also, you can buy commercial games online. Ever heard of renting or buying through mail or shipping? Or how about downloading a game through various programs/sites such as Gamespot.com, Steam, Direct2Drive, and more?
As far as I know, downloading something through Gamespot will probably only let you download a demo. I despise demos. I don't know anything about Steam or any others, but I'm never going anywhere near 'em. And did you just say through the mail or shipping? That's not something I do much, heck, I don't even buy shareware much, but buying commercial games that are shipped to you in a box isn't something I do, at least not now.
Gamespot.com Let's you buy, as well as gamestop.com and direct2drive.com and steampowered.com

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:39 pm

I like Steam. Auto-updates while you're not playing, you can buy indie games, downloadable commercial games, etc. Good stuff.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:43 pm

Wow, who the hell buys shareware games? You're the only person I know who'd rather buy from some dude thousands of miles a way on the internet than at a store self. I mean what the hell. Is it simply because video game stores haven't been invented in New Zealand yet?

Oh and I think that those buying things that Gamespot does are simply ads. But what they are is stuff like, download the full version of Farcry (I think it was like 15$ or 10$ on sale) or get something newer like Splinter Cell, then you just buy the activation code via the internet.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:46 pm

Zantalos wrote:Wow, who the hell buys shareware games? You're the only person I know who'd rather buy from some dude thousands of miles a way on the internet than at a store self. I mean what the hell. Is it simply because video game stores haven't been invented in New Zealand yet?
For those of you that won't get it, this is sarcasm. (I hope)

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Uhhh...

It's because most of you are mac guys isn't it. Yeah you guys are wierd.

LUGARU 2 SHALL SUMMON MY WINDOWS BRETHREN!!
You have no chance to survive
make your time

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:41 pm

:P Your computer will crash before that ever happens. :twisted: If it doesn't, I'll have to take it out myself!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!11!!!!111one

Szs315
Closet Mac lover

Post by Szs315 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Zantalos wrote:Wow, who the hell buys shareware games? You're the only person I know who'd rather buy from some dude thousands of miles a way on the internet than at a store self. I mean what the hell. Is it simply because video game stores haven't been invented in New Zealand yet?

Oh and I think that those buying things that Gamespot does are simply ads. But what they are is stuff like, download the full version of Farcry (I think it was like 15$ or 10$ on sale) or get something newer like Splinter Cell, then you just buy the activation code via the internet.
First off all, thank you! Sarcasm is the "best" way of making a point.
Last edited by Szs315 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 pm

Windows is the most successful OS around at the moment, it also has the most bugs of any system I know of, and gives me the urge to shield my eyes from the crap I see whenever I look at it.

Mac would be much more successful if all the money-heads out there didn't get sucked in by Windows's affordability.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 pm

Affordability? You spend $100+ on hating yourself. That's what Windows does, it makes you hate yourself.

Szs315
Closet Mac lover

Post by Szs315 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:04 am

First off I would like to say that I have used mac and windows both frequently, so I know my stuff. I don't own a mac, but I use it plenty of times. We are all intitled to our opinions, and this is mine:
BunnyWithStick wrote:Windows is the most successful OS around at the moment, it also has the most bugs of any system I know of, and gives me the urge to shield my eyes from the crap I see whenever I look at it.

Mac would be much more successful if all the money-heads out there didn't get sucked in by Windows's affordability.
First of all, mac doesnt't have as much security problems because more people use windows and hackers don't want to bother with mac. And mac is a much less powerful system, much more complex, and has tons of problems when using microsoft software, altough windows handles apple content extremely well.
Kalexon wrote:Affordability? You spend $100+ on hating yourself. That's what Windows does, it makes you hate yourself.
Also, mac ain't cheap either. Stop hiding and making every excuse possible because you were too stupid to get a mac. Also, mac makes you hate yourself, not windows. And please, stop coming up with more reasons for mac to be good, there are none that are true. Also, the numbers and sales don't lie. Windows is better than mac and linux and because it generates more money the system is better.