Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 pm

Avekmaul wrote:Ok, here is a screenshot of World of Warcraft:

(Insert heresy here)

This, on the other hand, is a screenshot of Warcraft III, a real-time strategy game made by the same company in 2002:

(Insert what looks like a good game here)
*Hands Colicedus an uzi*
Here you go.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:43 pm

cachiporrin wrote:i tried to have the 2 staves images but it has to be less than 90 pixels
Well, do you have any graphics programs? Just make the images 90 x 90.

They don't look great at that size, but there's not much you can do. Here's Turner running with 2 staves through the Andes, and another through some ruins in Mexico, at 90 x 90.

Image Image

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:45 pm

What MMORPG is better than WoW? I mean you seem to hate it so much. Are you playing something else or have you just given up on that genre altogether?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Zantalos wrote:What MMORPG is better than WoW?
None, Cause all the ones I have seen Suck, Including World Of Warcrap
Zantalos wrote: I mean you seem to hate it so much. Are you playing something else or have you just given up on that genre altogether?
RPG games? No, MMOs? Kinda, Mind you I have a Better Idea for one, but That one I will share once I have Created the Story, The Mechanics I have Designed on paper already.
Last edited by Colicedus on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:55 am

If all the other ones are crappy compared the WoW, and you think WoW is crappy too, that just means that you're being picky.

It's stupid to follow a game around, harass all the people playing it, if that's the best thing there is. I mean, you don't say, "eww, you play Guild Wars... :? " and everything, you only dis WoW. Why?

Like, why complain about lag while complaining about low detailed environments? They go hand in hand, you can't have a super-detailed game world and have it run smoothly as well (also, you didn't like the leather armor texture... so instead you play Lugaru...) Or, how can you blame WoW for everyone logging on at the same when school is out, should blizzard just start kicking people out of WoW until there are less people playing? How do you solve that? And, you hate how weapons do not realistically hit their targets right, so that's why you prefer pen and papar mechanics? Also, what is so bad about having a small penalty for dying? Have you ever played an mmorpg where it takes like 6 hours to gain a level up, and if you die you lose 20% xp, or the equivelent of 4 game hours? That stuff is awful, it makes you want to just quit playing the game altogether (other crap is when the game takes away all your equipment's max durability when you die, that stuff sucks big time).

Things to complain about is, how unbalanced the two races are, or how stupid the Shaman class is compared to any other (any kind of class imbalanced issue). The time you invest in the game running around collecting x objects and bringing it to x location, or by the time you're level 30, they basically force you to have to play with people, which you probably don't want to do.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:38 am

Lag != low fps, but I agree that Col should stop bashing.
We've heard you already Colicedus.
I've already defended WoW several times,
and I had a good time playing WoW, even if it was expensive.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:37 am

Zantalos wrote:If all the other ones are crappy compared the WoW, and you think WoW is crappy too, that just means that you're being picky.
And its my right to be picky, Warcraft sucks, and I can not judge Guild wars Because I have not played it, I am Neutral on GW, Other than that, I believe that Wow is More expensive for what it is worth.
Zantalos wrote:It's stupid to follow a game around, harass all the people playing it, if that's the best thing there is. I mean, you don't say, "eww, you play Guild Wars... :? " and everything, you only dis WoW. Why?
Because Wow I have Played, and I want the hours I spent getting to sixty back
Zantalos wrote:Like, why complain about lag while complaining about low detailed environments? They go hand in hand, you can't have a super-detailed game world and have it run smoothly as well (also, you didn't like the leather armor texture... so instead you play Lugaru...) Or, how can you blame WoW for everyone logging on at the same when school is out, should blizzard just start kicking people out of WoW until there are less people playing? How do you solve that? And, you hate how weapons do not realistically hit their targets right, so that's why you prefer pen and papar mechanics?
Your Point?
Zantalos wrote: Also, what is so bad about having a small penalty for dying? Have you ever played an mmorpg where it takes like 6 hours to gain a level up, and if you die you lose 20% xp, or the equivelent of 4 game hours? That stuff is awful, it makes you want to just quit playing the game altogether (other crap is when the game takes away all your equipment's max durability when you die, that stuff sucks big time).
Well how about not Dyeing in the first place?
Zantalos wrote:Things to complain about is, how unbalanced the two races are, or how stupid the Shaman class is compared to any other (any kind of class imbalanced issue). The time you invest in the game running around collecting x objects and bringing it to x location, or by the time you're level 30, they basically force you to have to play with people, which you probably don't want to do.
Well if you Defend wow so much, why don't you go back to your little fantasy world? The game sucks, Your Just going to have to come to grips with that :|

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:58 am

Colicedus wrote:
Zantalos wrote:It's stupid to follow a game around, harass all the people playing it, if that's the best thing there is. I mean, you don't say, "eww, you play Guild Wars... :? " and everything, you only dis WoW. Why?
Because Wow I have Played, and I want the hours I spent getting to sixty back
It's impossible to get those hours back right now, so you can stop whining about them, and help construct a time machine :)
There's no need to harrass people (note harrass not my word).
Colicedus wrote:
Zantalos wrote:Like, why complain about lag while complaining about low detailed environments? They go hand in hand, you can't have a super-detailed game world and have it run smoothly as well (also, you didn't like the leather armor texture... so instead you play Lugaru...) Or, how can you blame WoW for everyone logging on at the same when school is out, should blizzard just start kicking people out of WoW until there are less people playing? How do you solve that? And, you hate how weapons do not realistically hit their targets right, so that's why you prefer pen and papar mechanics?
Your Point?
You just quoted his point.
Colicedus wrote:
Zantalos wrote: Also, what is so bad about having a small penalty for dying? Have you ever played an mmorpg where it takes like 6 hours to gain a level up, and if you die you lose 20% xp, or the equivelent of 4 game hours? That stuff is awful, it makes you want to just quit playing the game altogether (other crap is when the game takes away all your equipment's max durability when you die, that stuff sucks big time).
You think invincibility will improve the game?
Colicedus wrote:
Zantalos wrote:Things to complain about is, how unbalanced the two races are, or how stupid the Shaman class is compared to any other (any kind of class imbalanced issue). The time you invest in the game running around collecting x objects and bringing it to x location, or by the time you're level 30, they basically force you to have to play with people, which you probably don't want to do.
Well if you Defend wow so much, why don't you go back to your little fantasy world? The game sucks, Your Just going to have to come to grips with that :|
It's your opinion that it sucks.
YOU will have to come to grips with the fact that not everyone
thinks WoW sucks.

Isn't Lugaru also just a "little fantasy world".

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:37 am

Crill3 wrote:
Colicedus wrote:
You think invincibility will improve the game?
No, what I mean is don't get into a position where you can die.
Crill3 wrote:
Colicedus wrote:
It's your opinion that it sucks.
YOU will have to come to grips with the fact that not everyone
thinks WoW sucks.

Isn't Lugaru also just a "little fantasy world".
Stop trying to put Lugaru down, when we know that its a better game (other wise why are you here?)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:48 am

You won't have much fun in WoW if you never risk the characters life.

When you said "little fantasy world" it sounded like mockery and hypocritical,
it's got nothing with Lugaru to do. Replace Lugaru with Tetris,
to me Tetris is also a little fantasy world.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:21 am

:roll:

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:57 am

lol ur smiley can't swim

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:05 pm

I don't know why, but I can't imagine someone not being able to swim.

I guess it's probably the fact that like most New Zealanders (95% or so apparently), I live within a kilometer of the sea. In my case you can get there with two minutes of walking. 8)

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:17 pm

To re-rail the thread, I was thinking about death mechanics and if there would be a difference between getting knocked out and dying, meaning I could get knocked out and leave my computer for 15 minutes, come back and kick some more cottontail.

Insert death mechanics here:
|
|
|
\ | /
\ /

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:39 pm

I think that question has already been answered with a yes…