Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Final_Flame

Post by Final_Flame » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:32 am

more weapons like axes

you can throw every weapon

you/enemy gets pined to a wall with sword/axe throwing

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Phycokenesis. Not as an ingame feature, but as some sort of cheat, or a weapon you can only get by cheating. I havn't seen enough games with phycokenesis.

For the record telekenetics and Phycokenesis are different, telekenesis is just moving objects with your mind, Phycokenesis is affecting objects and moving, E.G making an object lighter than air and letting it float away, or making an object bouncy like rubber, then throwing it at a wall. Ect.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Telekinesis/whatever mod :)
I'm hoping for advanced modding capabilities in L2,
especially in making animations and gfx in the mods look good.
Unlike with Lugaru, I would take the time to really learn modding
and put time into it to try to make awesome stuff, if possible.
I promise..

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:03 pm

OMFG! I just came up with a brilliant idea :shock: ! You should be able to freeze time three times in each fight so that you can rotate the camera while doing a jump front kick like in the Matrix 8) ... but only in debug mode that is. Wouldn't that be awesome??

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:04 am

Um… You can already do that in L1. Are you suggesting limiting the debug mode freeze time feature to only three times per fight? Why would you do that?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:41 am

lol, what were you doing when you came up with that brilliant idea? :P

But in the main game, freezing would be cool. I mean, not because you hit the V key, but after you kick some one particularily hard it freezes the shot for half a second so you see where you hit the guy and then keeps going from there.

Maybe it could even be like Burnout (maybe I'm thinking about fight night) and just completely reverse time after you knock someone out or get knocked out your self. So after you kill a wolf or something really cool, you go back to see the replay again of what happened really quick. Maybe even mid fight with other enemies still alive this could happen, and then after a couple seconds you jump back into the game right where you left off and finish the fight.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:35 am

That would really smooth out the gameplay.

"Three bunnies at once, eh? No problem! I'll take them out 1-2-3 with my Drunken Flaming Lemming Kung-Fu Killer Combo!"

BLAMMO! "One down, two to...OH NO! Frozen! Shit! Not now! Aargh! Where was I? Um, let's see, um, shift-w-right click, no, um..."

BLAMMO! "Loading....."

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:34 am

Maybe it could do a Matrix style freeze frame when you kill an enemy in one shot, like he goes from 100% health to zero in one shot.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:45 am

Well, after you see the replay again, you don't forget what's been happening.

You see youself drop kick the wolf into the wall and then everything blends back together again. It wouldn't be like punch a rabit through the tree, watch replay, and then skip ahead a few seconds to see yourself die. It would be like slo-mo you watch the replay and then you're back in action, you don't forget where you were. You just saw what's been going on and what you need to do, so when time goes back to normal nothing would have changed, nothing is skipping forwards.

It would have to be rare like Kalexon said, only when going from full health to dead.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:55 am

It would be fine if it doesn't interfere with a multiple move combo, but anything that slows or stops the action in the midst of melee disrupts the flow.

It's not that you forget where you were or what you were doing, but that you don't need to think through a series of moves once you've mastered them; if the sequence doesn't proceed as you expected, you aren't sure whether your keystrokes were recognized, and you stop to think about what you were doing, and then you die.

The centipede was happy
until an ant, in fun,
asked him, "Which foot
follows which?"

Then he fell
distracted,
in a ditch,
considering
how to run.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:16 pm

What do you mean? Lugaru only has one button moves though...

It's just cut and shoot.

After you rabbit kick someone into a wall... Oh you mean if you rabbit kick someone into a wall and then at the same exact time you're ninja throwing your knife into someone? Alright then, that'd be a redicules move (that I can't even pull off no matter what), but I see how that might mess something up when dealing with multiple attacks that are going on at the exact same time.

It still might be usefull in multiplayer, not just pausing the game, but giving you a full replay like Splinter Cell: Double Agent. In that game you only have three lives in multiplayer, and that's suppose to last you like ten to fifteen minutes. However when you die you have as much time as you want to review what time, and you get to see what position you were in when you were shot, and then what the other person was doing/where he was at when he killed you, you even get to see the bullet trails in mid stop. This might be interesting if you're just getting killed with all these imbedded moves within moves that you just can't see (such as the rabbit kick and rebounding knife throw as you flip back).
Last edited by Zantalos on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ink

Post by Ink » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Actually it's not that hard to do a rabbit kick, followed by a ninja bullseye :)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:12 pm

No, it's quite easy, actually.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:09 pm

Heh, what a bunch of show offs!

Aww, all your image links are broken now.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:32 pm

:? It's not showing off if it's easy.... It really is, though. And you only have three times per fight to freeze because it would be really annoying to have a friend that does it every three seconds or something like that :P . Actually, when you freeze the game, the camera should rotate 360 automatically. Or you can go into the setings and unclick the "Auto-Rotate" button :D . OR you can just disable it completely.