Destructable Enviorment? More Freedom?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
squall89

Destructable Enviorment? More Freedom?

Post by squall89 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:16 pm

So will there be destructable enviorment? i always thought it would be cool if you can toss your enemies into things and have them break, and when i mean by "More Freedom?" when we perform a counter attack, will we be able to decide where we want to toss our enemies, or what move were going to do.

How many diffrent kinds of moves will there be? in lugaru 1, there were only a few moves and counters, i hope we see more in this one, and i hope they change depending on the angle and elevation of the enemy.

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:56 am

We've gotten some exposition on different ideas that will be implemented in the game, and I think you'll be able to see both more freedom and destructible environments. I'm not sure about the destructible environments though. I think you'll be able to break branches from trees and such, so if you throw a enemy at one, it might snap, or something to that extent.
The combat will definitively have more freedom though, even if David only includes half of his ideas.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:08 am

Not sure about Breakable environments eh?
is that why David was going on about Soft body physics.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:45 am

Eh... soft-body physics doesn't necessarily mean destructible environments. In fact it could have more to do with things like clothes than anything.

I think I saw something a while ago about trees breaking, which of course spurred this bloodthirsty lot (not that that's a bad thing :lol:) to suggest improvised weaponry. And there were various descriptions of whacking bunnies and wolves over the head with broken tree branches. And stabbing. And then I think Colicedus here mentioned improvising a chainsaw... and it got a little crazier than usual after that.

And I don't know how extensive the procedural physics are going to be, but if it's David we're talking about, the moves could very well change considerably depending on conditions.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:54 am

hmm... The limits of SBPhysics... I Think anything physics based, the sky is the limit with what ever engine can support, and the AI and scripting programed, I may be wrong...

jirachimaru

Post by jirachimaru » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Then how about if you hit the enemy hard (like with a Rabbit Kick) and you smash him into a tree this way, if it hits hard enough the camera will shake for about half a second and you break the tree?

EDIT: Sorry for the Bump.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:32 pm

'Tis ok. Thats not much of a bump... considering there was a "longest bump competition" with the more slow members. You can already do that in L1, just without the tree breaking.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:01 pm

Wait, you mean he was talking about L2? It sounded like he was talking about something you could do in L1…

Gotta love the lovely *SMASH*, and the tree swaying like it was impersonating Disco Stu…

"Disco Stu loves Disco Music!" -Disco Stu

jirachimaru

Post by jirachimaru » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:48 am

NickD wrote:'Tis ok. Thats not much of a bump... considering there was a "longest bump competition" with the more slow members. You can already do that in L1, just without the tree breaking.
No I was talking about the Tree Breaking. xD