My band

Anything else
Ink

My band

Post by Ink » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:43 am

I play the drums as well as doing backingvocals, in a Norwegian, brutal metalband called "Deseized"
If you want to listen, just follow this link: http://www11.nrk.no/urort/Artist/DESEIZED/default.aspx

And press "Lytt". :)

Comments are welcome!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:08 am

Unite and Reposses sounded like a variation
of hundreds of other metal tracks. Most people will like it, and I think what
you did, you did good.
Calvary was much better, I liked that one :)

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:14 am

awesome!!! your awesome!! i want one of your cds! how do you scream? i cant scream like that.. how do you?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:56 am

how old ae you again? and where do we get this?

Ink

Post by Ink » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:42 pm

v-nix wrote:awesome!!! your awesome!! i want one of your cds! how do you scream? i cant scream like that.. how do you?
Thanks! :)
Well, I just scream. :roll: No, really though. There's alot of different techniques. I breathe and push with my stomache. Don't ever use your throat. My english is rather limited, so don't know how else to explain this. Screaming with your throat will basically fuck it up. real bad.
Also, we haven't released any CD's yet. We've recorded a couple of EP's, but that's it. I'll let you all know if we get signed and/or release an album.
Blorx wrote:how old ae you again? and where do we get this?
I am seventeen years old. And as said before, there is not much to get except these songs. We have a couple of EP's. But these are in limited copies.. As said, I'll let you know if stuff happens.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:59 pm

I'm a drummer since 15 years and have to say your drumming is pretty good. Anyone who's into metal can easily hear your influences, but you've got some unique tricks up your sleeve as well. Nice!

Considering the mixing, you should have put more emphasis on middle and high frequencies, especially on vocals, snare and cymbals. The sound is very fuzzy as it is. But the channels are very distinct. Did you record in a professional studio with a hired mixer?

A good practice is to keep the overall level lower to get a stronger contrast and thus a higher emphasis on the punches, leading to crispier sound (if you've got the frequencies sorted out, of course).

Check out the first album from Rage Against The Machine, especially 'Killing In The Name Of'. The average volume is by far lower than the extreme volume, as you can see if you digitize it and look at the wavetable with audacity or equivalent software.

You can see the same careful mixing with Sepultura's album 'Chaos A.D', for example in the song 'Slave New World'.

There are tons of other examples. Unfortunately, it's become quite common to raise the average level pretty high nowadays, especially in metal, but that actually makes the sound blurry for above reason.

Calvary is by far the better song imho.

Ameefmu

Post by Ameefmu » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:32 pm

I agree, looking forward to an album release.
Ooh i would so be doing what you do if i could find some people near where i live (who arent idiots) who like the same kind of music as me.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:26 pm

Ink wrote: I am seventeen years old. And as said before, there is not much to get except these songs. We have a couple of EP's. But these are in limited copies.. As said, I'll let you know if stuff happens.

let me rephrase that...how do I get it?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:04 pm

Blorx wrote:
Ink wrote: I am seventeen years old. And as said before, there is not much to get except these songs. We have a couple of EP's. But these are in limited copies.. As said, I'll let you know if stuff happens.

let me rephrase that...how do I get it?
Click "Last ned", the link with the depressed arrow.