Worst Games EVER

Anything else
Jarkava

Worst Games EVER

Post by Jarkava » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:41 am

Well since there is a topic about the games everyone should play i decided there should be a topic about the worst games. . .

Beauty and the Beast Magical Ballroom (ummm thats my sisters. . . I watched her play it. . .No im serious. . .Seriously)
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Sonic the Hedgehog (next gen one)
Dynasty Warriors 4
And any game that features crossword puzzles or any other puzzle that you can do on paper

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:42 am

Worms 3D.

It RUINED the worms franchise. 3D does not = better, Team 17 somehow messed it up.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:55 am

What do you mean "somehow"? It's very easy to mess up a 2D-3D conversion, just like it's very easy to mess up converting movies into games or comics into movies. A very small percentage of the conversions actually satisfy people. Yeah it was a bad game, but cut them some slack, Worms and Worms 2 were classics.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:What do you mean "somehow"? It's very easy to mess up a 2D-3D conversion
i just felt the need to say metroid...

the nightmare before christmas....yeah

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:What do you mean "somehow"?
I actually just added that part in because the end of my post didn't seem "final" enough.

Don't get me wrong, Team 17 are awesome for making worms 1, 2, Armageddon and World party, but now all the worms games are 3D and it doesn't feel right anymore.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:47 pm

I like the idea of a 3D worms game, but I agree it's probably not as good as the originals. Maybe Liero in 3D would be better… :)

To add to the list with some obviously bad games…

ET. 'Nuff said.

Big Rigs. No wait, that's not a game, it's more of some keybind and basic physics test some guy made… No wait, it doesn't even have basic physics, and I don't even think you can change the controls… Yeah, I have no idea what this "game" is meant to be…

Action 52, and every other well known cream of the crap.

Not sure about much else, but I'll post 'em here if I find some.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:19 am

nerodx wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:What do you mean "somehow"? It's very easy to mess up a 2D-3D conversion
i just felt the need to say metroid...

the nightmare before christmas....yeah
yeah metroid prime was okay metroid prime 2 and hunters were both ruined by ammo and metroid prime 2 was ruined by being made for ps2...

and yeah they really did sorta ruin worms by making it 3d

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:04 am

uhhhh...

Metroid Prime 2 definitely did not come out for PS2. And it was not ruined by ammo...it was ruined by uninspired level design and annoying enemies. Fortunately Prime 3 does not follow this trend and is quite awesome.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:21 am

invertin wrote:Don't get me wrong, Team 17 are awesome for making worms 1, 2, Armageddon and World party, but now all the worms games are 3D and it doesn't feel right anymore.
Then don't play it. Play the old games instead.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:40 am

This is the thread for talking about the worst games ever, not the thread for arguing about why we're talking about the worst games ever instead of playing good games, R_T…

Ink

Post by Ink » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:34 am

Dreams, or something like that. It's very. very bad.
You're some indian dude, that flies around along with flying whales and gnomes and stuff. The controls are impossible, and the graphics are terrible. ..It's trippy. And shit.

Another game that I really do not like, is Big rigs (some more title that I don't remember). It may seem really cool to begin with: Awesome, big trucks that race eachother. But no. It sucks. You can drive wherever you want, and win. If you drive into scenery, you drive straight through. You can't even drive across bridges! You just. drive through it, and under it. Until you get to the other side. :roll: Also, driving up and down hills doesn't slow you down!

Haha. The maker's of these games must've been total stoners.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:39 am

I played Clouds for about ten seconds.

And I don't really think Worms 3D was bad enough to be voted worst game ever.

Jarkava

Re: Worst Games EVER

Post by Jarkava » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:32 pm

Jarkava wrote:Beauty and the Beast Magical Ballroom (ummm thats my sisters. . . I watched her play it. . .No im serious. . .Seriously)
What an idiot. . . that prolly wasn't his sisters, lol!

Wait thats me. . .And that was my sisters

Anyway i also would suggest quake 4, people played quake 3 millions but i got quake 4 and nothin. I mean single player is fine but no one on multiplayer! hate it

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Q4 is not a bad game!

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:43 pm

Quake 4 was a quite underwhelming. In my opinion, if it didn't have the Quake name, nobody would have played it and it would have gotten mediocre reviews. Shows you the power of franchise names.

Cloud was decent, but I wouldn't say it was terrible.

Superman 64. WOOOOW. Absolutely terrible.

How about...every 3-D Sonic game for the last 7 years or so. That's right. Every single one. Poor Sonic Team, they've really lost their touch.