Playing as a wolf in Lugaru II?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:29 am

...maybe we could turn turner into a werewolfrabbit?

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Glabbit wrote:...maybe we could turn turner into a werewolfrabbit?
That would be very convenient :)

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:54 am

It would explain the name Turner, too!

*imagines a rabbit's silhouette against the moon, howling like a wolf*
o_0

Miyamoto Usagi

Post by Miyamoto Usagi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Jendraz wrote:
Well now you guys are just being cheeky.
Ummm...you completely missed the point I was trying to make. I was talking about the concept of working with someone you dislike for a common goal. It is not unrealistic. It happens.

Ever hear about the British and German soldiers in the World War sitting on either side of the trenches who made pacts to avoid killing each other? These weren't known at the time, but soldiers from that time have spoken of it, secret pacts they made in their own trenches so that they don't have to slaughter other people who are just being told what to do anyway.

There's an instance of two enemies working for a common goal : staying alive. Some people coexist because they have to.

Moving on from that brief tangent...
Thank you.
There's an old saying in theater that goes, "If you bring a gun on stage, you're going to have to fire it." That's essentially what will happen here; if you bring a wolf and a rabbit together, one of them is going to have to die (or maybe they'll just fight). In my opinion, we should just keep playing as Turner.

For example, I HATED the dual storylines in Halo 2. They took a menacing alien race, the Elites, and tried to turn them into sympathetic characters. From a storytelling standpoint, this was a disaster.
I happen to totally disagree with this statement, and I don't think the saying fully applies in the context you're talking about. Sure, if a gun is brought into a drama, it has to be fired; It doesn't necessarily need to mean it hits. Some of the most dramatic moments in some shows occurred with a bullet hitting a wall or a floor; Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex had such a moment, wherein a psychopathic American soldier who had been skinning Japanese women alive was fired at by one of the main characters; He couldn't kill him, though, thinking that would be a form of freedom that the man didn't deserve for what he'd done.

In the same sense, just because there has to be a fight, doesn't mean there has to be a death. Has anyone ever played the more recent Legacy of Kain game? (Was it Blood Omen 2...? I forget the name, now.) The main characters both fought in a cathedral halfway into the game. They didn't kill eachother then; In fact, Kain showed some compassion there, seeming not to wish such a thing on Razael as forcing him to literally become a sword.

In fact I wouldn't mind if the wolf died in the end if it wasn't because of Turner's actions, but his own. If the plot branched off, and he did something on his own hoping to shorten the mission, and ended up killed, albeit managing to make something easier for Turner while doing so (maybe taking an enemy leader with him).

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 am

Miyamoto Usagi wrote:
Jendraz wrote:
Well now you guys are just being cheeky.
What?
It was a genuine suggestion... Could be possible, right?
=/

dude_lugaru

hmmmm

Post by dude_lugaru » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:08 am

a choose-your-race option would be cool

Jendraz

Re: hmmmm

Post by Jendraz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:00 pm

dude_lugaru wrote:a choose-your-race option would be cool
Oh my gosh..that would be too much power for me to handle :(

Glabbit

Re: hmmmm

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:59 am

dude_lugaru wrote:a choose-your-race option would be cool
Been said. wouldn't work, because everyone would go wolf for the claws and extra strength etc...

this equals turner becoming semi-obsolete

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Plus that eats up any kind of storyline, this isn't Dynasty Warriors. Turner has his own story only a rabbit can follow.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:20 am

Yeah dude wtf this isn't Streets Of Rage or some shit like that.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:46 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Yeah dude wtf this isn't Streets Of Rage or some shit like that.
Apart from the fact that this is a pretty much useless point, yes, you are right.

So what are David's views on the subject?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:21 am

There might be a wolf campaign expansion at some point, but L2 is a continuation of Turner's adventures, and he doesn't get along with wolves so well.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:56 am

Glabbit wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Yeah dude wtf this isn't Streets Of Rage or some shit like that.
Apart from the fact that this is a pretty much useless point, yes, you are right.
Actually no it's not so shut the fuck up. Streets Of Rage was is a very famous game where you were able to pick between characters, so there was no real storyline, and it was an action/fighting game like Lugaru.

I think the example was quite sufficient.

And your face is pretty much useless.

@David : That's what I had surmised. Turner doesn't answer to anyone. 8)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:31 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:And your face is pretty much useless.
ZING! ZAP HIM BACK GLABBIT!!! ZAP HIM BACK!!! USE SUPERIOR FORCE!!! PRESS THAT RED DOOM BUTTON ON YOUR CONTROL PANEL!!! GET TO THE CHOPPA'!!! DO IT NOW!!!

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:13 pm

*sigh*
Allright, I admit it, I had no idea what you were talking about with Streets of Rage.
Sounds like a nice game, though.
Could we please stop the flaming, now? I don't like having enemies, it makes me feel too...
...well, powerful, really...
Don't ask me why.
I seem to have this knack of staying completely calm and being able to steer peoples anger whichever way I wish...
So therefore I forfeit the fight and admit my faults and blah blah blah praise to Renegade_Turner etc.

Let's all be happy now.

Oh, and thank you, Grayswandir, for reminding me which way this could've gone.

David wrote:and he doesn't get along with wolves so well.
Good point.