Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Inventor

Post by Inventor » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 pm

I've finally beaten this campaign. I loved the jumping from place to place to get to enemies. I found that part most challenging. Unfortunately, I get to the last level, and the Emperor dies by accident! Somehow in trying to grab a staff off one of the sidekick rabbits, I launched one of the dead ones into the Emperor, and he then hit the wall and died. I'll have to play it again now just to get a fair fight out of him.

Good work though, and nice architecture!

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
rudel_ic wrote:Let's drop it, alright? You're just trying to start a fire.
I wasn't, actually. I'm just saying that both campaigns have distinctive features, and both have their strong points.

Btw, I hate on the Dante's Mansion level when you're fighting Dante and he keeps on jumping off down to the snow. Whenever that happens you're able to just go up behind him and spinecrush him. Lol
I always liked when I knocked him off to the snow. Then I jumped down myself and continued to fight, was cool.
I never really considered spinecrushing him. If it's too easy, I guess don't do it :p

Sorry about the throne room, both the last fight and dialogues. It's not the best level. I think the Emperor dies easily because of how fast he moves. I only upgraded his speed, and when he hits things he hits them at high velocity.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:24 pm

Hahahaha it's funny when Dante or the Emporer are running at you and you leg sweep them because they flyyyyyyyyy.

Angrboden

Err....

Post by Angrboden » Mon May 05, 2008 1:21 am

Just wonderin (though i believe i already know the answer. :?)
Do you need to already have the full game?

yes

Ameefmu

Post by Ameefmu » Mon May 05, 2008 4:38 am

Hmm, i seem to have myself stuck on a particular level.
I'm at Dante's Domain, the level with the 3 bunnies on a large building, then you must hop from rock to rock to get to the last few bunnies.
However i cannot find a way to make it to the platform surrounded by trees.

And whenever i attempt a jump, i ALWAYS land in a spot that manages to kill me from fall damage.
Any spoilers for me? I really wanna keep playing ^^

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon May 05, 2008 11:44 am

Ameefmu wrote:Hmm, i seem to have myself stuck on a particular level.
I'm at Dante's Domain, the level with the 3 bunnies on a large building, then you must hop from rock to rock to get to the last few bunnies.
However i cannot find a way to make it to the platform surrounded by trees.

And whenever i attempt a jump, i ALWAYS land in a spot that manages to kill me from fall damage.
Any spoilers for me? I really wanna keep playing ^^
First make sure you're getting on that higher block first. Then just crouch up to the very end of the corner and jump. It's just a long one.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Emporer
Wtf? Emperor^

Altair

Post by Altair » Sat May 17, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi everyone im new here. Can someone tell me how to jump > http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4639/jumpqv3.jpg up there please? Thank you!

This mod really puts your jump skill to test. :? How come this is better than the game itself ? :roll: lol

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat May 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Stand close to the edge (or on one of those hangy outy rocks) and crouch, then jump while crouching. Jump crouching makes you go further.

If that's the rock I'm thinking of, there might be some hangy outy rocks on the side you can climb up.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat May 17, 2008 8:16 pm

Or just fly there in map edit mode. It's cheap, but it does the trick.

Altair

Post by Altair » Sun May 18, 2008 4:42 am

I managed to jump but now i cant jump to the tree covered platform. I think i restarted over 10 times so please tell me how can i fly in debug mode. :?:

Edit: I didn't like how that picture with Lugaru Empire look so i have changed it a bit for myself. Use it too if you like. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6222/lugarugm7.png

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Sun May 18, 2008 8:18 am

You have to have debug mode on. If you don't know how, go to the "Data" file in the Lugaru folder. Open "config.txt" and scroll down to where you see "Debug:" and change the number below to 1.

Now open the game and the level. Debug will be activated, but not map editing mode. Hit shift-m to turn it on. Enemies will stop moving and ignore you even if you attack them. If you jump and hold space down you'll fly...

Use that to get there, then one you want to continue play, hit shift-m again and the dude will attack.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun May 18, 2008 8:50 am

Here's how to do it: First of all jump to the small boulder hanging in the air on the left of the cube in front of you (don't jump too far, just tap jump), then crouch jump up on to the block from there, and kill the guy with the staff.

Then to get to the further away block you'll need to go to the very corner that's closest to the further away block. Then line your direction up between that corner and the closest corner of the further away block. Crouch jump from your corner to that corner and you should make it if you line it up properly.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun May 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Altair wrote:Hi everyone im new here. Can someone tell me how to jump > http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4639/jumpqv3.jpg up there please? Thank you!

This mod really puts your jump skill to test. :? How come this is better than the game itself ? :roll: lol
First of all, does everybody's Ash character look like this? He's supposed to have black skin.

2nd..there's actually an easier way to get on top of the cube. Go to the right of the bottom platform and stand on that little rock. Face diagonal towards the cube and crouch-jump into it. You should slide high enough to grab the edge.

But seriously, did Ash's skin not work for anyone else?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun May 18, 2008 3:45 pm

It worked fine for me