Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:43 pm

some errors are too small to care about
and no, it was 3 times, you pointed it out twice in one post

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:The only people who don't care about not realising their errors are ignorant children.
I've often denied making an error, but only if it's the kind of error that only an idiot makes, and if someone who'll be talking about it till next year is around.

Meaning whenever anyone I know is around.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:03 pm

invertin wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:The only people who don't care about not realising their errors are ignorant children.
I've often denied making an error, but only if it's the kind of error that only an idiot makes, and if someone who'll be talking about it till next year is around.

Meaning whenever anyone I know is around.
Its easier to just accept your mistakes and move on rather than denying that it ever happened.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:49 pm

Blorx wrote:and no, it was 3 times, you pointed it out twice in one post
No I didn't.
Grayswandir wrote:Its easier to just accept your mistakes and move on rather than denying that it ever happened.
Take this guy's advice.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:57 pm

if you can learn from your mistakes and Error;s than thats good.
you know what happens when you put your D**k in a meat grinder, and now know not to do it again, asuming its posable to do it again

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Yeah...what he said.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:23 pm

yes, chainsaw man we all get it

but R_T's pointing out a small typo, when we obviously all knew what he meant and rather just making a d**k out of himself for no reason...

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 am

Grayswandir wrote:Its easier to just accept your mistakes and move on rather than denying that it ever happened.
But when I accept my mistakes I try to move on and my friends end up blocking the door with a wrench so they can laugh at me.

We have the kind of friendship where we routienly humiliate eachother. :D

yes I spelled stuff wrong, my spell-checker is broke.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 am

R_T is desperate for attention, pointing out a typo of 'country' where I meant 'continent'. Did you notice you're the only person who gave two shits? Yet you repeatedly point out one single mistake thrice and then emphasize it by wasting a page full of posts arguing whether or not you pointed it out three times in an attempt to gain attention and look like a dick.

1-3 of the Elder Scrolls games had good endings, but Oblivion's ending was... what the hell? It just kind of happens, nothing epic about it, you can't really do anything after that, and it looks even worse in comparison with its predecessors' endings.

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:12 am

City of Heroes- Technically there isn't an ending, but when you get to level 50, that's the last level. The best powers and greatest enhancements are now at your disposal.

Problem is, there is nothing new. No "YOU FREAKING WON" certificate or final storyline. That's it.

Oh sure you get a new archetype, but that's just giving you the chance to get to level 50, AGAIN, ONLY THIS TIME YOU CAN FLY FROM THE START WHEEEEE.

>:(

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Hmmm...

CS:S- The story is rather bland.
You enter the sceen as a Towl head or a Piggy, From there you compleat an objective. When you compleat the objective 100 times, you then see a loading screen with the score. THATS ALL, oh yes, theres the Coutner/Terrorists win!

its a perfect Example of Id Story telling.
Im sure you are Familiar with that!

DOOM 1 and 2- The Story is there if you look on the PDF, but it makes no diference if you read it. Ocasonaly print comes up on the screen. Id took on the idea (its actualy on the DOOM wiki) of wrighting a game with the same mechainics of a P0rno: The story is there, but its not the focuse.
The End of Doom 2 was a WTF? You end up watching each enitiy die in varius ways infront of the main demoinc entity.

Seeing how much work with the egine I have seen, Id could have done MUCH more with all there games. All there storys are There simply to Motivate you to satisfy your Sadistic Scense of Humour. Quake 4 was the perfect Example of that

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:29 pm

You know what game has the worst story and ending? Tetris.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:47 pm

zip wrote:You know what game has the worst story and ending? Tetris.
Yeah, there's no plot at all. Its like they didn't even try.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
zip wrote:You know what game has the worst story and ending? Tetris.
Yeah, there's no plot at all. Its like they didn't even try.
what about pong? we hit a circle back and forth with...rectangles...why?

and what about pacman? you're pretty much a wheel of cheese eating little yellow circles, food and ghosts for no apparent reason...and there is no ending...just game over
XD

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:R_T is desperate for attention, pointing out a typo of 'country' where I meant 'continent'. Did you notice you're the only person who gave two shits? Yet you repeatedly point out one single mistake thrice and then emphasize it by wasting a page full of posts arguing whether or not you pointed it out three times in an attempt to gain attention and look like a dick.
No, not really.

I pointed it out twice.

Please don't ruin the end of Tetris for me, I never actually got that far.