help me - internet with psp

Anything else
evil_knight

help me - internet with psp

Post by evil_knight » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:25 am

when i try to connect to my internet thing with my psp it says...

connecting to the access point please wait..., obtaining IP address please wait..., and then it takes like 1 min and then it says A connection error has occurred. The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out.

The internet thing used to work. :cry:
even when im right next to the box thing for internet it says that.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:28 am

Can you get into your router configuration? If so, check that DHCP is on.

evil_knight

Post by evil_knight » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:36 pm

and how do i get into this router configuration thing you speak of?

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:27 am

Open your web browser, type in the IP address of your router. If it asks you for a password, try typing in 'admin' as the username and 'password' as the password. There should be something under 'LAN IP Setup' or something to that effect.

In addition, if you've added a new computer to your network recently, try setting your PSP's IP address up a number or two.

Apart from that, I can't help you, because there's about 20 million different reasons your internet could stop.

shadow717

psp

Post by shadow717 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:48 am

Do you need a WEP or other kind of key to acess the internet? if so you need to know the key and enter it in the psp. I would know because it took me literally two years to figure that out.

evil_knight

Post by evil_knight » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:23 pm

i typed in the ip address into the internet thing that goes to websites at it takes a long time to load and when its done it says problem loading page :( .

i do need a WEP key but when i made another connection thing in the psp WITHOUT a key to the SAME router thing it still does that timed out thing

evil_knight

Post by evil_knight » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:23 pm

cmon some one help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm

evil_knight wrote:i do need a WEP key but when i made another connection thing in the psp WITHOUT a key to the SAME router thing it still does that timed out thing
So you made a new connection, to the same router, that has the same WEP key, and got the same problem? Will wonders never cease?
You need to figure out what the WEP key is. Making a new connection and then trying to connect to the same router isn't going to do anything. You'll just get the same problem.

evil_knight

Post by evil_knight » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:40 am

the old connection has the right WEP key and the new one doesn't have a WEP key. both have the same problem. anyways i finally got to the thing where you put your ip address in the thing that you use to get to websites. what do i do now?

Edit: my brothers psp can still connect to the internet with the same router
WUHT TEH FUNK

Edit... AGAIN: I got it to work. I just put in the stuff manually but without a WEP key. Its connected but when I try to use the internet website thing on my psp it says Communication with the server failed. DNS error occurred. (80410410)

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 pm

I got it to work. I just put in the stuff manually but without a WEP key. Its connected but when I try to use the internet website thing on my psp it says Communication with the server failed. DNS error occurred. (80410410)
Did the definition of work change in the last couple days?

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 pm

I have been violently chainsaw raping the english dictionary for 18 years, so I should know first hand that it has not changed.

evil_knight

Post by evil_knight » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:12 am

Dudeman wrote:
I got it to work. I just put in the stuff manually but without a WEP key. Its connected but when I try to use the internet website thing on my psp it says Communication with the server failed. DNS error occurred. (80410410)
Did the definition of work change in the last couple days?
i meant like it can connect but still has errors. like how a car can still move without tires in gta.