Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Ozymandias

Re: Fan Art

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:45 pm

I guess the armor plates on his scapula should give it away... but those sort of look like chest plates or some sort...

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:46 pm

That and his head's twisting very far back...
Or at least, that's what my eyes tell me...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Glabbit wrote:Oh dear... A fanart thread?
Ohhhdear oh dear...
I might go crazy in here in the holidays...
It's actually quite surprising no one has made such a thread so far. I mean I know people have made threads about sketching and drawing etc. but no one has made one specifically for Lugaru/Overgrowth fanart.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:05 pm

The best fanart I could make is crappy stick figures in Flash or Paint X_X

agarrett

Post by agarrett » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 pm

This gives me an idea...

Blimps. Think about it, hundreds of blimps in the air. You are assigned one Blimp, your task? Take the blimp down. You shoot you grappling hook out and it catches onto the hand rail. You climb up and get on the blimp. You destroy the engine and jump onto the next one (with your amazing ninja abilities) before the ship goes down. You must then kill all enemies on board (all very suspicious because 1. Some of them are missing. 2. Their leader's blimp just went down.) and get to the helm. Then you land the blimp and you are safely on the ground, your mission complete. If you had teammates it would be all that much more exciting and fun.

Whoa, I got a little carried away there. :D

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:47 pm

About that hawk fan art earlier… His right arm (assuming he's facing away from us) looks a little bit like it's facing us, then we see the other arm which looks like it's bent backwards and maybe realize he's facing the other way, then we see the strangely spiky and fluid-like "Tail" (should be rounder and more bunny-tail-like IMO) and think that he's definitely facing the other way. Then we see the legs which are THE WRONG WAY ROUND if he's facing the other way and get utterly confused. No, really, fix those legs. Legs don't bend that way.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:56 pm

agarrett wrote:Blimps. Think about it, hundreds of blimps in the air.
Nena wrote:99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Hilet man fur Ufos aus dem All
Darum schickte ein General
'Ne Fliegerstafell hinterher
Alarm zu geben, wenn' s si war
Dabei war' n da am Horizont
Nur 99 Luftballons
At least, that's what I was thinking... and yes I copy-pasta'd that off a lyrics site, screw you =)

As for the blimps... I think you need to rethink that... I mean... blimps... =O

resin

Post by resin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:01 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:About that hawk fan art earlier… His right arm (assuming he's facing away from us) looks a little bit like it's facing us, then we see the other arm which looks like it's bent backwards and maybe realize he's facing the other way, then we see the strangely spiky and fluid-like "Tail" (should be rounder and more bunny-tail-like IMO) and think that he's definitely facing the other way. Then we see the legs which are THE WRONG WAY ROUND if he's facing the other way and get utterly confused. No, really, fix those legs. Legs don't bend that way.
I agree the legs are awkward, but the picture is ink and watercolor, not photoshop. I can draw with photoshop but not that well, certainly not like aubrey. There will be no fixing this picture, though I am working on something else.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:04 pm

agarrett wrote:This gives me an idea...

Blimps. Think about it, hundreds of blimps in the air. You are assigned one Blimp, your task? Take the blimp down. You shoot you grappling hook out and it catches onto the hand rail. You climb up and get on the blimp. You destroy the engine and jump onto the next one (with your amazing ninja abilities) before the ship goes down. You must then kill all enemies on board (all very suspicious because 1. Some of them are missing. 2. Their leader's blimp just went down.) and get to the helm. Then you land the blimp and you are safely on the ground, your mission complete. If you had teammates it would be all that much more exciting and fun.

Whoa, I got a little carried away there. :D

I think I see what ozymandias was talking about with the rethinking blimps thing, considering blimps are kept afloat by gases rather than by their engines, and their engines are really just for movement

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 pm

resin wrote:
BunnyWithStick wrote:About that hawk fan art earlier… His right arm (assuming he's facing away from us) looks a little bit like it's facing us, then we see the other arm which looks like it's bent backwards and maybe realize he's facing the other way, then we see the strangely spiky and fluid-like "Tail" (should be rounder and more bunny-tail-like IMO) and think that he's definitely facing the other way. Then we see the legs which are THE WRONG WAY ROUND if he's facing the other way and get utterly confused. No, really, fix those legs. Legs don't bend that way.
I agree the legs are awkward, but the picture is ink and watercolor, not photoshop. I can draw with photoshop but not that well, certainly not like aubrey. There will be no fixing this picture, though I am working on something else.
I never meant for you to actually fix those legs, you know…

You take me a bit too seriously, I think.

resin

Post by resin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:55 pm

:roll: oh..your joking...because of the rabbit legs.. :oops:
I originally did draw him with the front facing forward and then did some erasing and turned him around but felt like I never quite got the angle right, particularly since he's supposed to be sort of under the bird but kicking up at it, it actually kind of bugs me, but oh well.

resin

Post by resin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:00 am

Ozymandias wrote:
resin wrote:other animals I might want to see:
squirrels
Yes... very yes... please?

NINJA SQUIRREL ATTACK!!!!

I'm still planning on coloring or at the very least shading this one. I'll update when I do.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 am

I'm not joking. Those legs were put on backwards.

I'm just saying that I don't want you to change it or anything.

resin

Post by resin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 am

Looking at it more I would have to say you are correct. Ah well.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:15 am

Nice! I really like how both of your pictures have stories to tell, more like scenes from an animation or comic book than just still images.