Does lugaru have an ESRB rating?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Albab
This title is part one ...

Does lugaru have an ESRB rating?

Post by Albab » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:05 pm

If not, what should it be? I mean... M might be a bit to much.. And there is no T+. So.. Yeah.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:50 pm

It doesn't since its not commercial, but it's basicly T+.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:19 am

At 13, I'm sure I would've played that; I don't think it's as bad as Duke Nukem 64 or Doom 2; I believe both of those were rated mature ... so if it were T+, what would it be? Padding it a bit would put it around 15, since mature is 17. Really, how bad is this compared to Resident Evil, which had an uncountable number of 17- kids playing it? I'm 17 now, but I've played lots of T and a few Ms since I was 12 ...

e2dolce

Post by e2dolce » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:45 am

i have played m rated games with my moms approval sense i was 15, and she let me play t rated sence i was 11 or younger

so let your parents deside, but lugaru doesn't have "foul language", promote senseless violence (you are a bunny trying to avenge his famley its not like you are playing GTA)what is bad about it any way, as long as you arnt a dumb-ass and go and kill people randomly why is it wrong.

so judge your own self and chose what rating is best for you (after i explaned my self, my mom let me play m rated games, so try it and decide)

yeah... thats about all i have to say

your frendly... e2dolce

P.S. what do you think about "San Andras" i would buy it but i don't know what sepirates it from "True Crime"

one more thing... dose anyone else dislike the ESRB rating system

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:35 am

Lugaru does have very realistic blood. E.g. you get bloody slash marks at the precise place the sword hits you, blood rolls down your face, blood drips off your weapons staining the ground, etc.

It also deals with some very mature concepts. I can think of some parts of the story line that are pretty intense.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:42 am

Lugaru does have the word bas---- in it, so that classifies as Language. Next there's beating people up Kung-Fu style which is Violence. And lastly, there's the blood and pulling knives out of people's chests, Blood and Gore. And what it would be according to ESRB, M. That's all I can say, even though I'd put a T on it if it was boxed, ESRB wouldn't. I've played lots of games rated by ESRB, thier ratings suck. For instance, I've played the demo of XIII on my PS2, it's rated M, but when it was released by Feral, they rated it 12+, odd huh?

Luposian

ESRB rating... M, most certainly!

Post by Luposian » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:35 am

I'm surprised no one has commented on that little "debug feature" that you get when you right-click! *BANG!* A blood spattering, greymatter shattering, instant death to all who even look at you funny!

That, alone, is so "over-the-top" and gratuitous, it's a good thing it's not IN the actual game! It's just "hidden" inside the debug along with "Le Lapine Torch" and other "neat cheat features".

Whatever this game lacks in a truly satifying ending, it more than makes up for in fun and interesting ways of killing your opponents! Slit their throats, stab them repeatedly on the ground, burn them up, or blow their brains out! WHEEEE!

The most fun thing is to have a rabbit/wolf come running at you, ready to rip your guts out, and you just right-click... Click-BOOM! And their nearly headless corpse goes sailing over you, landing several feet away. Such satisfaction... for I am... SCANNER Bunny! :-)

Didja know you can also use this "utterly mind-blowing feature" (HA!) to explore Rocky Hall? Just kill the guards/rabbits you're supposed to talk to and the game can't resolve the situation and so allows you to explore Rocky Hall to your heart's content! But, in order to proceed, you have to end up killing EVERYONE there.

The variations are nearly endless!

I love this game! Just remember... pay your dues (shareware fee) and the bloody mayhem can all be yours! Well worth it, if you ask me. :-)

... but only if you're old enough to handle it (I'm 36... I think I qualify) and won't be mentally scarred for life (or have nightmares from it) and become some Columbine murderer or some other psychotic, killer-type individual because of it. If you're under 17, I recommend you *NOT* exercise this hidden "feature". It's quite disturbing!

Latre!

Luposian

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:05 pm

it does not have excessive gore in it (unless you dig up some of the bugs from the really old builds :D) I'd guess that it would be Teen, because there isn't enough language to tip it over to Mature. If it was more realistic, it would certainly be Mature, such as human models, and much higher poly counts. The most blood in it is when you blow someone up, which is a cheat/easter egg, and therefore isn't included in the ESRB rating.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:09 pm

I say have David send it to ESRB and see what happens!

Flickta

Post by Flickta » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:32 pm

It's cruel. And it's sick. Pretty furry creatures kill each other using weapons and bare hands. Blood splattered over the landscape... And everything is real despite that smart surreal high jumps and funky motion blur tricks.
It's an American Mac'Gee's Alice meets Blade of Darkness (btw, unusually high praise!) and worse...

And I love it.

Luposian

Exploding bunnies!

Post by Luposian » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:31 pm

It just CAN'T get any gorier than this... hit ~ and type:

power 980000 [enter]

And hit ~ again to return to the game. One hit and... BANG! Nothing but bloody pulp everywhere! Not a single hair of fur left!

It has to be repeated every level.

The game may crash after awhile, but still... talk about fists of steel! More like fists of a wrecking ball or something!

Muhahahaha! :twisted:

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:41 pm

Blorx wrote:I say have David send it to ESRB and see what happens!
David doesn't have the money to submit it to the ESRB. Even if he could get it rated by the ESRB he would also have to submit it BBFC. On top of that the ESRB does not even rate games on the macintosh nor shareware games. :roll:

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:55 pm

I now know how the ESRB works. Thank you. Anyway, I guess M. From what I've heard, that head-explodey thing is pretty good. He he he...

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:20 pm

The ESRB doesn't rate mac games...?

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Umm...I think they do, because games like UT04, Halo, Wolfenstein, etc all have ratings. :?