3%

Total votes: 76

Shadow_Warrior

Lugaru NEEDS MULTIPLAYER!!! READ THIS!

Post by Shadow_Warrior » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:59 pm

Any of u guys out there...

Do u think that Lugaru will have a LAN multiplayer, or
even an online function. Or maybe even a Double screen version
I really think that it should, and more people might play it.

Ahhhh.. ctf on Lugaru... :twisted:

Pleas fill out the poll, and hopefully the programmers on Lugaru
will see it, and put it in.

Shadow Warrior

PS. PLEAS FILL OUT THE POLL 8)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:11 am

Please don't use caps, we can read fine without :)

There is only one programmer on Lugaru(well two, there is somone doing the PC port), multiplayer has already been requested numerous times, and David(the programmer) has implied that we might see multiplayer in Lugaru 2(if lugaru 2 comes about).
Multiplayer is a bitch to code frankly, but David loves us so he will put it in, right? =D

Shadow_Warrior

Post by Shadow_Warrior » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:36 am

Thx for the reply, yeah, i really hope that Lugaru 2 comes out. If its too big of a thorn in the rear to get mp up, then they should get a more experienced company to support their internet gaming system. For example: that is kinda like how Gamespy helped out Bungie for Halo. Hopefully it didnt cost 2 much to do it.

And I used caps lock to indicat how important it was 8)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:58 am

Someone still has to create the networking code for Lugaru, and actualy the hosting costs for a gaming service like battle.net or gamespy are staggering.
Good too see enthusiasm on here though =)

Shadow_Warrior

Post by Shadow_Warrior » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:39 pm

It doesnt nessisarily have to be as big as battle dot net. It could be something like they have in Lightnings shadow, which is a very simple little online thing :P

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:18 pm

Still requires net coding :(

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:41 pm

Multiplayer would be awesome, that's where the real longevity for games comes from ... GoldenEye, Avara, Marathon, even Halo ....

Nemo
post whore

Post by Nemo » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:52 pm

Multiplayer would top the lists if iut got split screen and online, but you can't host multiplayer on Wolfire.com. I would clog up the server.
Zip said this:
Someone still has to create the networking code for Lugaru, and actualy the hosting costs for a gaming service like battle.net or gamespy are staggering.
Zip has a very good point there

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:20 am

Awww.... thanks .

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Is it possible to code it so that you don't need a server up like that? I don't know if it would, because instead of just connecting to a server and checking it for registered games, it would have to search the entire net ...

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:39 pm

Lugaru used to have multiplayer support but it was buggy. I believe it has been abandoned for now.

I doubt internet support will ever be feasible because a game like Lugaru requires near 0 ping. How would you counter someone's attack with any kind of delay? Oni used to have multiplayer support too, but it was abandoned because of this reason.

I don't think split screen support would be possible for the simple reason that two mice would be required. Technically, that's possible to implement, but how many people have two mice?

Cooperative Lugaru over LAN though would be great!

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:42 pm

Viking Zippy wrote:Is it possible to code it so that you don't need a server up like that? I don't know if it would, because instead of just connecting to a server and checking it for registered games, it would have to search the entire net ...
A master server is required. Although the costs would not actually be that high. It could be done for $100/year probably.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:44 pm

Jeff wrote:Lugaru used to have multiplayer support but it was buggy. I believe it has been abandoned for now.

I doubt internet support will ever be feasible because a game like Lugaru requires near 0 ping. How would you counter someone's attack with any kind of delay? Oni used to have multiplayer support too, but it was abandoned because of this reason.

I don't think split screen support would be possible for the simple reason that two mice would be required. Technically, that's possible to implement, but how many people have two mice?

Cooperative Lugaru over LAN though would be great!
I have two mice :o. I remember in OS 9 the game sprockets or something let set controls for more than one mouse or keyboard, although to make it best you would have two USB controllers or two keyboards and two mice :?

But is Lugaru really that laggy, if I'm using the right term? I don't understand ping much when it's applied to gaming, but I seem to remember seeing 60+ ping on Halo ....

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:11 pm

Viking Zippy wrote:Is it possible to code it so that you don't need a server up like that? I don't know if it would, because instead of just connecting to a server and checking it for registered games, it would have to search the entire net ...

er.. search the entire net...?
* is not aware of such a technique *

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:11 pm

It could be possible, Neo (a file sharing client) had a technique similar to that I think, but it takes a while ....