So I'm working on a Terminator Rabbit texture....

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
ecyor0

So I'm working on a Terminator Rabbit texture....

Post by ecyor0 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 pm

....and I've run into a snag. Namely that texture meshes over the eyes end up being hidden by the pupils. I've attempted directly modifying the skins, but that doesn't seem to have much effect. While I have another go, does anyone know a workaround to let you put textures over the eyes?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Re: So I'm working on a Terminator Rabbit texture....

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:17 am

It's not hidden underneath at all (I think), it's just that you're modifying the texture of the face and not the eyes themselves.

A: Those are eyes, not pupils. They're just weird like that, in the same way that ducks have (I examined this by watching real ducks yesterday) pure black eyes and eyelids that close in the opposite direction to our own.

B: Edit the textures for the eyes as a workaround. They're the two black blobs on the texture sheet.

ecyor0

Post by ecyor0 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks, that solves the problem completely.

Although I now have a new problem that the texture looks like metal while in the grass landscape, but it's coloured blue or red in the desert and snow landscapes. Am I meant to have the texture in RGB mode, or have the colours indexed? Some other problem?

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:14 pm

before you add them as clothes (you are making them as clothes right?), type into the console "tint 1 1 1" and the color will remain the same as it was when you drew it.

ecyor0

Post by ecyor0 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Yep, solves the problem again.

And yes, I'm making them as clothes :)

ecyor0

Post by ecyor0 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:57 am

Image Image

Okay, here's take 1. Nothing overambitious, just the exposed torso and face, with a little blood effect around the edges. Critique away.
Attachments
terminator textures 1.0.zip
(52.56 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:42 am

oh, i like! You should make the eye glow a bit, and make more exposed body parts. Lookin' good so far! keep it going!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:17 am

I'm pretty sure that Terminators don't bleed. This fact is reinforced by the fact that you can melt one's entire face off with none of that unsightly red stuff. And the fact that they are "Robots" sent from the future and not "Cyborgs" sent from the future.

Of course, it doesn't look like you're being canon here, as reinforced by the fact that it's a freakin' rabbit-terminator.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:36 am

Ah, but remember, the skin, flesh, and blood was real. therefor puncturing a terminators skin would make it bleed. as seen in the first movie, after the thing was dragged under a moving semi, there was blood. and earlier in the movie, when he was repairing himself in the hotel room, there was blood dripping into the sink. so they do bleed, but not like us, so the blood around the damaged area is appropriate.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:14 am

Correct.

Also, BWS, burn wound don't bleed, since the bleedwounds have been burnt closed, yes? =p

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:20 pm

yes. :P

ecyor0

Post by ecyor0 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:Ah, but remember, the skin, flesh, and blood was real. therefor puncturing a terminators skin would make it bleed. as seen in the first movie, after the thing was dragged under a moving semi, there was blood. and earlier in the movie, when he was repairing himself in the hotel room, there was blood dripping into the sink. so they do bleed, but not like us, so the blood around the damaged area is appropriate.
Yeah, what they said - the blood comes from the organic skin that covers the terminator.

Yeah, bringing out the red colour's proving interesting - I'm still getting used to the fact that subtle colours just don't show, so you need everything to be almost pastel coloured to show up (my attempts at realistic blood colours just ended up looking black)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:07 am

maybe try taking samples of the fur, turning them sideways, and inserting them at the edges of the metal, so the fur and the metal don't look like they're right next to each other, but rather, that the furs over the metal.

ecyor0

Post by ecyor0 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:35 am

ImageImage

Take 2: I've tidied up the torso and face textures and got the eye fitted on properly, plus I've added a texture of just the exposed eye, for a bit more variety. Next objectives are getting the colour of the face and chest matching better, and adding some exposed limb texture.
Attachments
Version 1.2.zip
(71.18 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:43 am

Cool I'd say the bloods a bit bright but it doesn't matter.