Commercial games - Have they really stooped so low?!

Anything else
kehaar

Re: Commercial games - Have they really stooped so low?!

Post by kehaar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Oh, Cr@p, are the Chicoms going to take it over in the Future in Game Land? Good luck with that...

Way people are armed and cranky (if not hammered) up there I'd say that place is kind of a "hard target". They'd do better to just start buying land and moving... but after they lived there a few years, they'd resent the home government for meddling in their business, rebel and try to secede. :lol:

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Count Roland wrote:I still live in Anchorage. lol
CHINESE COMMUNIST SCUM.
And here I thought Anchorage was on Tatooine.
=/

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Only if they had about 9,000 more inches of rainfall.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:03 am

9000 MORE?

(Lol over 9000 inches of rainfall.)

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:26 am

:lol: it's pretty rainy... makes everything real green and pretty, and the mosquitoes love it.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:32 pm

WHAT, NINE THOUSAND?!

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:59 pm

yeah and stuff smells nice, mosquitoes aren't too bad in my short short nineteen years here. the worst places in AK would have to be like truck stops in the yukon area. mosquitoes here are pretty stupid. but yeah every thing's green and smells nice lol

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:55 am

Uberbeard wrote:WHAT, NINE THOUSAND?!
Somehow NINE THOUSAND seems like a lot more than 9000...

What's all this inch buisness - what, do you have 12 fingers in America? As far as I'm concerned an "inch" is a female itch - must have something to do with the mosquitoes.

Seriously though, has something to do with mesuring horses, and who the heck mesures horses these days apart from professional horse mesurers? AND they probably mesure them in centimeters...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:38 am

Height is generally measured in feet and inches. For example 6'2" is 6 feet and 2 inches. Why change it when there's no problem with it?

Also, people are used to that system. This way, people know when someone is 5'0" you say "WTF THAT'S SMALL" and when someone's 7'0" you say "WTF THAT'S HUGE".

However, if it were in centimetres, if someone said they were 186cm, you'd be like "WTF DOES THAT MEAN?"

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:20 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Height is generally measured in feet and inches. For example 6'2" is 6 feet and 2 inches. Why change it when there's no problem with it?

Also, people are used to that system. This way, people know when someone is 5'0" you say "WTF THAT'S SMALL" and when someone's 7'0" you say "WTF THAT'S HUGE".

However, if it were in centimetres, if someone said they were 186cm, you'd be like "WTF DOES THAT MEAN?"
It means fair big - course, you're right that I'd be slightly more comfortable with feet, even if I can read both. In France though they'd have no idea what you were talking about if you started using feet - their national ID cards have their height on them in centimeters (kindof creepy in a way). The retarded thing about the French is that they mesure television screens in "thumbs" (=inches), and generally have no idea how big a "thumb" is (as big as your thumb mabye? Everyone's dumb but me), even if they can tell you that a 32 thumb television is "yay big".

The French invented metric during that pants wetting phase that generally follows their revolutions (the French are permanently revolting - b'doomp t'shish). If memory serves they also changed the names of the months and restarted the calender, but it confused everyone so much that they had to change it back... Mabye using the French as an example was a bad idea - your "all sane people use imperial mesurements" argument still stands.

Guess I'll be a dirty fence sitter and use both when it suits - still think decimal is the way to go though, unless you're a robot.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:41 am

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAANNNNDDDD

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:20 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Height is generally measured in feet and inches. For example 6'2" is 6 feet and 2 inches. Why change it when there's no problem with it?

I'm sorry to say I've actually got that the other way around =p
Damn dutch environmental upbringing >>

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 am

Wilbefast wrote:It means fair big
lol i no, iz my height.

As regards the rest of your post, I know what you mean. I use appropriate measurement systems for different situations. When discussing height? Feet and inches. When discussing distance on land? Kilometres and metres. I'm pretty sure there is efforts to make everything metric going on around the world. We used to judge distance in miles (1 mile = 1.6 kilometres) here in Ireland, but then everyone else went metric and we followed the crowd.

Still though, you have to admit that sometimes miles is just more appropriate. "If I could fall into the sky do you think time would pass me by? 'Cause you know I would walk a thousand KILOMETRES if I could just see you tonight" just doesn't sound as catchy and romantic.

Still though, screw Vanessa Carlton, that non-metric bitch.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:19 am

Wilbefast wrote:
What's all this inch buisness - what, do you have 12 fingers in America?
Wait, what the hell are you talking about?
Dude, everybody has 12 fingers. What do you have over there, like 8 or 13?
You're winding me up, right?

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:32 pm

...what?