Ramble I must and ramble I will.

Anything else
Glabbit

Re: Ramble I must and ramble I will.

Post by Glabbit » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:38 am

How can you even ask that, inferior one? Get back to your table, and continue writing your praise of the Percy-Naga Dynasty peace!

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:25 am

As you know, the worship of Naga is called "Grengoism". The Grengo originates from the Jibberish word for awesome (Gren = "Awe" and Go = "Large")

In Jibberi, several scientists have turned their attention to new discoveries. Inventing a new scientific field of "Grengology".

You can guess what Grengology is.

The first big goal in Grengology is finding out an accurate equation for awesome. For now we have-

A = S(V(B2 + F)) / (C2 + T)

(The tiny numbers are supposed to mean squared and such. I can't make them float.)

Which basically means-

Awesome = Size(Velocity(Burning* Squared + Fatality)) Divided by (Cliche squared + Times it's been done before)

* F was taken by Fatality, so B was used for the firey part of the equation.

Obviously this means that things are much more awesome depending on how big they are and how fast they are going. Cliche'd things are generally not very awesome, though if they are especially fatal, big, or going really fast that will counter it.

Many Grengologists argue that the equation does not take morality, lasers, explosions or non-violent things into question. As a result, most Grengologists are trying to find a better alternative.

A = S(V(E + N) + (B2 + F)) / (C2 + T)

Is the best solution thus far.

Awesome = Size (Velocity (Effort + N*) + (Burning squared + Fatality)) / (Cliche Squared + Times it's been done before)

* The N represents all things considered typically awesome, E.G- Lasers, Explosions, Ninjas, etc.

Though this, again, puts more emphasis on things that are weapons or fight scenes. Some Grengologists argue that we would need a different equation for every Genre, though there is no proof that different kinds of awesome are generated in different ways (just that they behave differently).

Grengology is a new scientific field, so it may take a few years before we can solve a problem like this. Most grengologists agree that it's best to leave the equation for awesome alone until we can understand more about awesome.

However, we have had a breakthrough. The Jibberish Scientist, John Urananananananana, has discovered that Awesome can be stored in any beverage container. Bottles, Cups, etc. Leading many to believe that awesome behaves like an invisible liquid. Theoretically the awesome could be carried in large barrels, but no-one has tried such a dangeous experiment at this point.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Ah, yes, I was going to have Percy's first entrance in W/E 9 to be out of a can of awesome, but the idea didn't make it. D=
No Grengo for me. =[

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Boredom exhibit A-

Milkshake - By Kelis

My milk-icecream substance makes all the males come in the vicinity,
And they proclam,
It's much higher in quality than your own,
Oh yes, it's much higher in quality than your own,
I can assist you,
But I can't for some unknown reason

And they proclaim,
I can assist you,

I predict you desire the subject of the conversation,
The substance that entices me,
The substance that causes males to have abnormalities in the cerebral cortex.
The afformentioned males begin to loose grip on reality,
The process in which that I turn my body to form a rotation,
I believe that the earth is in the correct positioning from the sun at this point.

la la-la la la,
Increase the temperature by a set amount
la la-la la la,
The males are patiently allowing time to pass

la la-la la la,
la la-la la la,

And they proclaim,
I can assist you,

And they proclaim,
I can assist you,

The light reflecting into my eyes tells me that you are currently upon it,
You desire me to assist you in learning the
techniques required to create a mutation or anomaly in the males,
It is impossible to purchase it,
I can assume that the law system will prevent any thievery,
Use your optical organs to observe if you have the necessary brain power,

la la-la la la,
la la-la la la,

la la-la la la,
la la-la la la,

And they proclaim,
I can assist you,

And they proclaim,
I can assist you,

Once you are a part of the situation,
The light reflecting off of people will remain in a constant equilibrium- so,
You must constantly keep in a state of social superiority,
while maintaining a constant ring of pure light associated with christianity upon your head,
find a recipe with the desired blend of ingredients,
add in what you already posess within,
in a short amount of time he will have lowered the lids above his eyes so that his eyes are neither fully closed nor fully open,
and finally the atoms breaking off of your body will have reached his olfactory receptor neutrons and be detected by the brain through electronic signals sent through the nerves,

la la-la la la,
la la-la la la,

la la-la la la,
la la-la la la,

And they proclaim,
I can assist you,

And they proclaim,
I can assist you,

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:11 am

You seem rather posessed with randomness O.o

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:32 am

Ah, the best parody I've ever seen of that song was one in a 'Lazer collection/collaboration"

"...It's better than yours.
I could teach you, but I have to charge MAH LAZOR! *bwaaaaah!*"

Nice work, though, Grengo gringo =3

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Yeah, I saw that collab. It is full of grengo.

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 pm

And now, a word from our sponsor.

The Orks!

Ma Milkshake brings all dem boyz to da yard.
And deyz like,
It's bettah dan yerz.
Dam rite. It's bettah dan yerz.
I cud learn yah.
But then yud haf ta gif me all yur teef!

Uh. We already did that joke

I dun care. I'm da boss now.

Alright you nobs. I'm here cuz dat weird humie started playing dawn of WAAAGH again. So now Ise gots to entertain ya.

I'm gonna start by tellin yah about Gork an Mork. Deyz da best deities.

Gork is dah god of smackin you in da face so hard you goez flying. Mork iz dah god of doin da same, cept he does it when ur not lookin.

Gork an Mork are da best of da best at everyfink. Deyz betta then dat crummy Neega or whutevah.

WHAT. DID YOU JUST SAY?

Haha! Wow! Dat humies gettin really red! Wat, you change color to go fasta or summin?

BLASPHEMY! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!

Youze sound like dem space humies!

BURN THE DEFILER!

Now youze sound like dem girly humies. I can do impreshonz too! "Luk at me! I have big robut thingiez and my guns make funny noises!"

Can you guess who dat was?

...Wait. What u doin with dat?

...Uh.

...Humie?

OH GORK N MORK! IT BURNZ! THE FLAMEZ BURN ME! AAAHHH! THE PAIN! OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW-
*CRUNCH*

Uh... Okay, no more guests.

...Well, maybe a Chaos Lord.

METAL BOXES

In any case, I'm going to tell you even more about the epicness and awesomeness that is Boom.

Any information before the following events is shady at best, though the invention of fire and explosions has been confirmed due to time travel. (and was also caused by time travel, gunpowder didn't exist yet and we just left a pile of it in the past by accident, leading to Boom's discovery of the explosion.)

Boom first became a Knight Templar around the point that they became awesome. Some historians believe that Boom's awesome was actually attracted towards the Templar's awesome, as if awesome behaved like magnets or something. He favored a large flail as his weapon, as well as a shield, though he also used a sword on occasion. Little information on his time as a templar has been recorded, but we know that he left the knights when their power began to dwindle, and they simply believed him MIA.

He travelled eastward into Japan, where he attempted to learn the way of the ninja, but found he was terrible at being stealthy. He learned martial arts and training with ninja stars before leaving due to his failures. He then decided to join the other side of the conflict, and train as a samurai. Though he found that he could not match any other. He assumed that he just wasn't asian enough and left Japan.

Over the next few years he travelled the world, until gunpowder was invented. He bought himself a heavy revolver and customized it to fire exploding bullets, and he actually redesigned his flail to explode when smashed into something hard enough.

Of course, with the invention of gunpowder came the age of pirates. And in his travels, Boom was attacked by a pirate ship. Boom used his new flail and his revolver to take down most of the pirates, then capture the ship as his own. He used the remaining crew as his own crew, and named the ship "The Gunpowder"

Eventually, Boom was caught. When I say caught, I mean his ship was surrounded by the entire english navy, who demanded he come out with his hands up and his weapons down. Boom had a spark of genius and head to his stash of gold... Then melted it down. Just before the Navy decided that they should bombard the ship, he walked onto the deck, wearing a full suit of brilliantly elaborate golden armor. The armor was heavy, and Boom was not super-human yet, so just walking onto the deck was tiresome, though he continued to stand there, glistening in the sunlight.

The entire navy were baffled. They couldn't sink the ship, or they'd risk loosing all of that gold (and as a suit of armor, it would be worth even more) and they couldn't board the ship, because Boom had his flail and shield in his hands, and they knew he wouldn't come quietly. In the end Boom managed to wait it out, and the Navy gave up and left. He let himself fall over in exhaustion from standing there in a really heavy suit of armor for so damn long. Unfortunately, the suit was also too heavy for The Gunpowder, and he fell right through her, sinking to the bottom of the sea. Luckily for him, the armor was heavy because it was extremely thick. Like, ridiculously thick. It made space marine armor look like underwear. It was so damn thick, it didn't even crack under the water pressure. However, the gold was not very good at keeping him warm, and he froze over in a weird state of cryostasis.

Several years in the future, a bunch of crazy guys looking for sea-bigfoot happen to find Boom and pull him out. He was thawed and heated up, then filled in on the changes since he was last awake. It was now just after WWI had ended. And, of course, just before WW2 had started. When WW2 did start, Boom managed to get close to Hitler. Hitler challenged him to a chainsaw duel, Boom agreed. It would have been so epic, but Hitler cheated, so before the duel even started, Boom was shot in the head.

However, the golden armor was still really damn thick, and the bullet just became lodged in the helmet rather than killing him. Hitler managed to escape and Boom was kicked out of Germany. He vowed to defeat Hitler one day and wandered off to join the english army.

Unfortunately, Boom's golden armor was too bulky and by the time he reached england the war had ended anyway, though alternate dimensions show us that he probably would have died in the war anyway, so it is better that he missed it.

Boom figured the armor's weight was a big drawback and used Hitler's chainsaw to cut him out of it, then melted it down again.

For those keeping count, Boom is now using-

Knight's sword
Shield
Explosive Flail
Hitler's Chainsaw
Golden Armor Mk I

Boom rebuilt the armor, this time based off of a diving suit with influences from his knightish past. He used the remaining gold to plate his sword, his chainsaw and his shield. He also took apart the chainsaw and rebuilt it so it was easier to use in combat. (It wasn't quite a chainsword yet.)

And then he-

Holy crap. 01:11? I'm supposed to be sleeping.

Cya tommorow.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 am

GOOOOOoooooooD MORNING Mr. RED H00MAN!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 pm

My poor fishy has a cold... :(

*Why'd you put him in the freezer?* :|

Oh... Right... :shock:

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 pm

TIME FOR MORE BOOM!

*explosion*

When we last left off, Boom plated everything in pirate gold. Like, godamn everything he had. He nearly plated his freaking face before he calmed down with the gold plating.

He used some more of his gold to pay off his extremely overdue pirate tax. He then cancelled his pirateness to prevent more taxes.

Pirates are taxed. If they weren't they'd become too piratey and that would be dangerous.

Anyhow- Boom decided it was about time to upgrade his weaponry again. Well, beyond plating it. He'd already upgraded his chainsaw. He made his mace even bigger and over the top. He added folding plates to his shield so it was a convertable and therefore a chick magnet. And finally he upgraded his revolver to-

Wait. WHAT?

Are you sure this is right?

*distant voices*

Holy crap.

His revolver fired explosives. And when I say explosives, I mean TANK SHELLS.

HIS REVOLVER IS A FREAKING TANK.

Erm. Anyway- He rejoined the Grengoist Cult, finding that they had new prophets in his absence as he was considered dead after his freezing. He was cool about it and didn't ask to become prophet again. He remained at their main temple, acting as both the police and army of the Grengoists by himself, armed only with his mace, shield, pistol, sword and one-handed chainsaw.

Of course, the relative peace was not to last. Because that wouldn't be very awesome.

However, I cannot remember what happens next and the invisible distant voices won't tell me. So I'll have to return later.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:25 am

*sparkling eyes*
Tell us more, O Invertin-sensei!

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue May 19, 2009 2:47 pm

My god guys.

I know all secrets.

I KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED. WHAT WILL HAPPEN

I KNOW FOREVER.

I also want to talk in a past tense despite talking about future events (later on in the story). I'm awesome like that.

Millions of years ago, there were the Chozo. They built the Metroids to stop "Parasite X". Then something made them extinct and humans come along. The humans manage to stop the metroids and parasite X(thanks to Samus) and everything is saved. But then the humans get curious about how the Chozo made the metroids. They start working on their own project. The project fails.

They end up with a new alien infection that could kill them all. THE FLOOD.

They work hard and end up constructing the Halo rings and the Ark, then they activate them and defeat most of the flood. Luckily, the Forerunners DNA was kept safe and the species was restarted on earth. The new humans then started the technological advance again. At some point, wars began, then wars lead to more wars. There was a period of peace, but at some point, a third big war started in the east, causing a pair of mercenaries (an Army of Two) to fight back against the terrorists, while one man, Tony Stark, decided to stop building weapons for the military and built himself a suit that could take them down. The war escalated, becoming WW3, with all sides fighting against eachother, even taking the battle into space, the military began building super suits based on the "Iron Man" design. Then it went too far. The war devastated earth, causing nuclear fallout all across the planet.

Luckily, there were some survivors who hid in "Vaults" during this time. They emerged and began to repair the wasteland. Over the centuries, the wasteland was fixed and the world was back to it's former glory.

Unfortunately, the different nations were still hostile. Leading to another massive war. Two sides decided to build another set of super-soldiers. One side built the soldiers that would be known as "Spartans". The other, "Gears". The war continued across the galaxy, but aliens attacked a human planet known as "reach". The gears and spartans decided to work together and forced the covenant to temporarily retreat.

A nation of humans took the gears and went further into space, completely seperating themselves from the rest of humanity. They named their new home "Sera", leading to the story told in the GoW games. The spartans continued their fight against the covenant, leading to the story told in the Halo games.

Years after the Halo wars had ended and the covenant were gone or dead, the humans started a new super soldier project, now that the spartans had all died. It succeeded. One of the soldiers was ordered to kill a civilian, he rebelled and attacked his commanding officer instead. The soldier was sent to a mars station as punishment, where they were trying to invent a new form of teleporation (hyperspace was unreliable as all hell). But something went horribly wrong, leading to the story told in the Doom games. (except the third one)

When the failed teleporter made the hole between Earth and Hell, it also unleashed alot of power on to the world. Similarily, Hell was messed up by the influence of earth and the Doom Marine. The result was strange magical happenings, impossible to explain with normal science.

This nicely leads us straight into the story told in Warhammer 40k.

If anyone finds any media thing that they could fit into this, that's brilliant. Unless the media is a WW2 thing. I drew up a timeline for this thing and just marked WW2 as "EVERY WW2 MEDIA STUFF EVER"

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Tue May 19, 2009 3:06 pm

:shock:

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu May 21, 2009 4:15 pm

That's awesome! Lovin' it!