Assassins Creed II

Anything else
Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:51 pm

:shock: Wow. Viral marketing at its very best.

Unless you're actually being paid to advertise Ubisoft's products...?

Dudeman

Re:

Post by Dudeman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Zhukov wrote: Unless you're actually being paid to advertise Ubisoft's products...?
Lol, no, I just really enjoyed AC1 and am pretty exited about AC2, thats all. Ubisoft would probably try to get me jailed if they could, I'm posting leaked product photos that no-one is supposed to know about yet.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Dudeman wrote:Lol, no, I just really enjoyed AC1 and am pretty exited about AC2, thats all.
:) Fair enough.
Dudeman wrote:Ubisoft would probably try to get me jailed if they could, I'm posting leaked product photos that no-one is supposed to know about yet.
phhtHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaaa...hehe...heh. Yeah... the fancy term for that is "viral marketing". Why on earth would Ubisoft want you jailed? After all, you're faithfully spreading the word about their products. Free advertising.

Incidentally, I very much doubt those photos were "leaked". Their presence on the web increases sales of both the magazine in which they appear and the game itself.

;) 2+2=

Dudeman

Re: Assassins Creed II

Post by Dudeman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Lots of money for Ubisoft!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:21 am

I noticed he still has 10 digits.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:22 am

Yeah, I don't really get why. It is a couple hundred years later and alot probably changed when Altair killed the master assassin dude. Maybe the tradition was dropped and replaced with the ring and the gesture that lucy did in the first game. Y'know, the thing where she shows you her finger and then bends it so that only the first joint is showing?

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Just got my magazine in the mail, everything looked just like it did in the scans, but I was surprised to get it today, seeing as Game Informer said their magazine wasn't coming out until the 16th.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Dudeman wrote:Just got my magazine in the mail, everything looked just like it did in the scans, but I was surprised to get it today, seeing as Game Informer said their magazine wasn't coming out until the 16th.
Curse you. :evil:

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:25 pm

‘Assassin’s Creed 2′ Officially Announced

Today Ubisoft officially announced that “Assassin’s Creed 2” for all current-generation platforms is slated for a Holiday 2009 release.
Following the news that Game Informer’s May issue will feature “Assassin’s Creed II” as its cover story, Ubisoft officially announced today that the game will be available in Holiday 2009 for all current-generation platforms. The company also said the game is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and the “original creative team” behind the franchise.
As for the story, the press release stated:
In a vast open world environment, the game invites players to incarnate Ezio, a privileged young noble in Renaissance Italy who’s been betrayed by the rival ruling families of Italy. Ezio’s subsequent quest for vengeance plunges players into a captivating and epic story that offers more variety in missions, surprising and engaging new gameplay elements, diverse weapons and a profound character progression that will appeal to fans of the original Assassin’s Creed as well as entice players new to the brand.
Creative director Patrice Desilets said in the press release that the team is working hard to “top the experience” of the first title and that they’ve “made improvements to every aspect of the game.”

UBISOFT® UNVEILS ASSASSIN’S CREED® II
SAN FRANCISCO – April 16, 2009 – Today Ubisoft announced that Ubisoft Montreal is developing Assassin’s Creed II on all current-generation platforms for a scheduled Holiday 2009 release. The initial installment of Assassin’s Creed® was released in November 2007 to popular and critical success, selling 8 million copies worldwide and garnering awards such as Best Action Game 2007 from 1UP and Outstanding Achievement in Animation from the AIAS.
Assassin’s Creed II is the product of over two years of intensive development by the original creative team behind the Assassin’s Creed brand. In a vast open world environment, the game invites players to incarnate Ezio, a privileged young noble in Renaissance Italy who’s been betrayed by the rival ruling families of Italy. Ezio’s subsequent quest for vengeance plunges players into a captivating and epic story that offers more variety in missions, surprising and engaging new gameplay elements, diverse weapons and a profound character progression that will appeal to fans of the original Assassin’s Creed as well as entice players new to the brand.
“Our creative team is working hard to top the experience of Assassin’s Creed,” said Patrice Desilets, creative director at Ubisoft. “We’ve made improvements to every aspect of the game. We’ve plunged ourselves into the stunning history of the Italian Renaissance so that we can offer fans a unique, varied and innovative Assassin’s Creed experience.”
Additional details on Assassin’s Creed II are revealed in the May issue of Game Informer.
What are your hopes for “Assassin’s Creed II”?

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 pm

If you go to the official site and wait out the Da Vinci sketch teaser it shows an animus symbol, if you click on it it brings up a page with the symbol and instructions. End result is that you'll be able to see a 3D hand with the hidden blade.

Seems they do indeed keep all their fingers, probably instead they're identified by the tear drop symbol they wear on the bracer and sternum.

pwnasaurus

Post by pwnasaurus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 pm

assassins creed 2 is going to be awesome, but i still think that bioshock 2 is going to rip its face into little bits and feed it to the little sisters.

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:09 am

pwnasaurus wrote:assassins creed 2 is going to be awesome, but i still think that bioshock 2 is going to rip its face into little bits and feed it to the little sisters.
What are you smoking? Bioshock 2 is going to be the same as the original Bioshock, which was the same as systemshock. Assassins Creed 2 is going to be better in every way, except for the fact that it's the exact same as the Prince of Persia: sands of time series, which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 am

shadow717 wrote:
pwnasaurus wrote:assassins creed 2 is going to be awesome, but i still think that bioshock 2 is going to rip its face into little bits and feed it to the little sisters.
What are you smoking? Bioshock 2 is going to be the same as the original Bioshock, which was the same as systemshock. Assassins Creed 2 is going to be better in every way, except for the fact that it's the exact same as the Prince of Persia: sands of time series, which I enjoyed quite a bit.
Naw, Assassin's Creed was open-world and insanely repetitive.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:50 am

shadow717 wrote:What are you smoking? Bioshock 2 is going to be the same as the original Bioshock, which was the same as systemshock.
I can't argue about the system shock thing, but they are changing small things for a big effect.

Remember how many ways of killing things there were in Bioshock? Yeah. Times that by 10.

In bioshock 2 we can combine two plasmids together (inferno + beehand = flaming bees of death)

We can also combine guns and plasmids (flaming beehand + shotgun = flaming bee shotgun of death)

That's just two new features and a heck of alot of change.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:00 am

Wtf? Bioshock was not the exact same as System Shock or System Shock 2. In fact, they were completely different games. Different setting, different gameplay mechanics, different plot aspects, different enemies, different characters. But yeah, the two games are so alike aren't they? :roll:

Anyway, yes, Assassin's Creed was repetitive, but it was still amazing fun on the first playthrough.

Bioshock kicks amazing amounts of ass. I'm still not finished playing. There's so much variety in how you can play the game, and all the plasmids and body modifications are awesome, especially that one that makes your melee REALLY powerful. I just electrocute those dudes and run up and break their jaw with my wrench.