Free demo for Overgrowth?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Angrboden

Free demo for Overgrowth?

Post by Angrboden » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Is the demo and registration going to work on the same basis as Lugaru?
I remember i played Lugaru for a loooong time before registering.

Will we just put a bought code into Overgrowth and it will work?
That may help as my computer gets owned all the time, but i have the code and can just re-download Lugaru from the site.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Re: Free demo for Overgrowth?

Post by Jeff » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Yup we are planning on having a demo

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:46 am

Jeff wrote:Yup we are planning on having a demo
thanks a lot cause i dont have much allowence right now.and if i had registered to lugaru can i use it for overgroth?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Nah, they are different games

ilkondom

Post by ilkondom » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:05 am

But every one can steal the code so advice to you jeff and the whole wolfire is to make demo whit somethin like 3-4 maps not to unlock with some code

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:30 am

And the prize is too high.Many of my friends loved lugaru and were able to buy the game.But overgrowth is out of thier budget.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:02 pm

ilkondom wrote:But every one can steal the code so advice to you jeff and the whole wolfire is to make demo whit somethin like 3-4 maps not to unlock with some code
I agree, this will reduce the chance of piracy.
Devilsclub wrote:And the prize is too high.Many of my friends loved lugaru and were able to buy the game.But overgrowth is out of thier budget.
So you want them to give OG away for free, even though it's worth twice as much as its current price?
Seriously, 30 bucks is nothing compared to the amount of time and work the team has spent on OG. Some of their dev. tools cost more than 100 dollars!

$19.99 was a fair price for lugaru, but for OG? No, OG's price should be higher than what it is right now. I've seen a lot of games out there for $49.99 that don't even compare to OG in its current form! When OG is completed I believe it will be the best game of the decade, that's straight from the heart.

Savvy?

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:50 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:
ilkondom wrote:But every one can steal the code so advice to you jeff and the whole wolfire is to make demo whit somethin like 3-4 maps not to unlock with some code
I agree, this will reduce the chance of piracy.
Devilsclub wrote:And the prize is too high.Many of my friends loved lugaru and were able to buy the game.But overgrowth is out of thier budget.
So you want them to give OG away for free, even though it's worth twice as much as its current price?
Seriously, 30 bucks is nothing compared to the amount of time and work the team has spent on OG. Some of their dev. tools cost more than 100 dollars!

$19.99 was a fair price for lugaru, but for OG? No, OG's price should be higher than what it is right now. I've seen a lot of games out there for $49.99 that don't even compare to OG in its current form! When OG is completed I believe it will be the best game of the decade, that's straight from the heart.

Savvy?
my friends are in india and 1$ there is 36 rupees there.so 29.95$ is ... quite a lot of money.But nah i can afford it.

ilkondom

Post by ilkondom » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 pm

29.95 in bulgariq is 40leva :oops: i don't take money because i don't work im only a kid normal peoples in bulgariq take something like 800 leva 200 for the water 150 for food and drinks 200 for the telephones and the other for my guitar leasons and there isn't inof money.But i have some personal money like 20 leva :lol:

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:41 pm

well my point was that OG is a huge peice of work, and it's worth every cent/leva/rupee Wolfire is asking for it.
ilkondom wrote:But i have some personal money like 20 leva :lol:

Well, you're already halfway there. You're saving that up for OG right? If so, you're already a step further than those complaining about prices.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Devilsclub, the amount of one currency or another is really irrelevant to the worth. For example at current exchange rates 29.95 US dollars are 2930 Yen in japan, in Euros it's €22.78, in india 1078.2 Rupees but it's still the same amount of money. It's like saying it costs 2995 cents, 119.8 quarters. The number might be higher or lower, but t's still the same amount of money, regardless of what currency you buy it in, the cost is still the same. Per-capita income might have an effect on how easily affordable this would be in whatever country, but that's a different argument.

Back to the cost though, most videogames nowadays sell for $50. $30 is quite aggressively priced, and I think will be absolutely worth it, because it should have the worth of Lugaru multiple times over in quality and re-playability.
Last edited by Johannes on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:09 pm

Thank you Jo.