Jealous!

Anything else
McJoggin

Jealous!

Post by McJoggin » Fri May 01, 2009 7:38 pm

My friend gets 500 bucks a month for doing nothing. And he has nothing to spend it on. I can't help but get eaten up with jealousy (I get a dollar for doing all the dishes). It sounds so ridiculous to ask a friend for 250 dollars, but I did (I need to pay a down payment for my new laptop). He said no. It just really gets me pissed that he could do that for me so easily, he doesn't have anything he wants anyways. I am gonna have to work my ass off to get that money. I know it is silly to ask but... GRAAAAAHHH!!!

Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

Ragdollmaster

Re: Jealous!

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat May 02, 2009 6:08 am

He's a spoiled bitch. Get a job and mooch off him as much as possible while doing it discreetly. Then you'll be able to save up money for said laptop.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat May 02, 2009 7:07 am

My sister is kind of the same thing. Except she does have things she wants to pay for.

My jealousy is counteracted by my love for the fact that she works at a game shop. Meaning she gets discount on all of the games, so I just give her money and she buys me stuff for cheap.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun May 03, 2009 3:24 pm

I have a friend who also makes more than me for less work, but it's his money. Get a job and then you'll have your own.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Sun May 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Yeah, I guess. But he doesn't work at all. But whatever, he'll grow up to be reliant on others for money.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun May 03, 2009 4:02 pm

McJoggin wrote:Yeah, I guess. But he doesn't work at all. But whatever, he'll grow up to be reliant on others for money.
That's right, maybe one day he'll be coming to you for a loan.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun May 03, 2009 8:03 pm

So he has a job and does "nothing" or he just gets given money (Not that it really matters)?
Either way, you have no reason to be angry because he said no. Its still his money. Yes, yes, he's your friend, and friends do things for friends. But still, you're asking for a lot of money there. And if you think about it, your first thought shouldn't have been who you could mooch off of to get the money, but where to get a better job so you could get the money you need faster.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Sun May 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Did it sound that way? Well, I was not angry at him for not giving me the money. I was just angry because I am going to have to do a whole lot of work, and he gets the money I am working for every two weeks. And he doesn't even spend his money on anything! I really didn't expect him to give me $250, I probably would not have accepted the money anyways.

Also, the money he gets is the child tax benefit thingy that his mom should get (I think). And his mother and father are both scraping by and he just keeps his money and lets them worry about how to pay their bills.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sun May 03, 2009 8:45 pm

He got it ez ehh? ohh weezz golly gee.... if only i could win the darn lottery.... -__-"

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sun May 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Lol, i think i might be kinda like that unfortunately, but not to that extent. My friend has an 18 year old brother in college who works down at a bean machine cafe in our town. For about an 8 hour shift he makes around 80$ I believe. By mowing 3 of my neighbors lawns, sometimes four, I make 65-95$ in around 3-4 hours. I tend to rub it in his face too, I won't lie. :) Also, My grandpa is retiring and getting a new car, meaning I get his old car for free. My gramps is AWESOME. I only need to get some new tires and a new stereo, and I have enough money saved up to get that already. Anywho, it's better than his truck, and he had to pay around 2000$, 3000$. He almost threw me out of his truck when I told him that one. :D

McJoggin wrote:Also, the money he gets is the child tax benefit thingy that his mom should get (I think). And his mother and father are both scraping by and he just keeps his money and lets them worry about how to pay their bills.
Well that's a bit much. If he's not using it he could at least help. Paying for groceries alone would still be really helpful to his parents.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun May 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Food-wise, 500 bucks every two weeks would have a three person family living pretty well... I agree with Ragdollmaster, he's a spoiled b*tch.

...Funny how Ragdollmaster and I usually have the same thoughts about things...

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon May 04, 2009 5:42 am

Lotus Wolf wrote: ...Funny how Ragdollmaster and I usually have the same thoughts about things...
And just like that, karma won't let you anymore. Lol. Love how that works usually.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 pm

If you had asked me for the money, I would have said no too. If one of my friends has no money and we're getting food, I'll get his food on the basis that he pays me back. That's one thing, but who would give 250 dollars to a guy who has no money? Come on, how ridiculous does that sound? Don't be silly.

Why would his parents be giving him that money, anyway? If that's actually true (I think it sounds a bit implausible), then those parents really are stupid. Children aren't entitled to the child benefit that their parents receive. That's for raising the child, and it's measly enough as it is.

Blorx wrote:And just like that, karma won't let you anymore.
lol yes, because karma IS real.
McJoggin wrote:My friend gets 500 bucks a month...
Lotus Wolf wrote:500 bucks every two weeks would have a three person family living pretty well...
...why two weeks?

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon May 04, 2009 5:53 pm

I had thought he had mentioned two weeks... However, looking over the posts again, I'm not sure where I got that.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Lotus: It was 250 every two weeks.

Renegade: For the first part of your comment, I wasn't mad at all about that. I don't get why people think that. And, he really does get his child tax benefit. I asked his friend and he said yes. He even told me himself.