Triumphant Return?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
FrozenThunder
Jailbait

Re: Triumphant Return?

Post by FrozenThunder » Fri May 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Ozymandias wrote:Wolfire made the Phoenix engine from scratch. Hope that helps =)

Also, just as I don't mind people making 'introduction' threads I don't mind people saying they're back form an absence... maybe VibRib will come back? =o lol, one can hope...
Ah I wasn't sure if wolfire was developing the engine from scratch or using someone else's. It was an irrelevant question but I was just curious anyways. I'm a sucker for trying to find out insignificant or pointless tidbits of info :)

Looking back at the old topic, seems I had actually vanished without much of a trace after my old announcement... whoops.

And yes I plan to be around more often. I just got sucked away into a black hole last time :shock:

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Fri May 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Awesome. Have you pre-ordered overgrowth yet? You'll get access to the SPF.
Also, if you have time you should go back and read some of the blogs wolfire has made since they started getting back in gear. (which is around the same time I randomly check up on 'lugaru 2' to see if in made any progress, and made a new forum account XD)

Wolfire usually updates their blog every day, so you might have a lot of reading to do =P

There is also a moddb page you can look at, and a Steam group if you use Steam, and a Facebook page... and possibly more.

There is also an IRC channel you can join if you haven't noticed, it's next to the 'Wolfire forum' text at the top.

EDIT: Oh yes, I also edit my posts sometimes after I've posted them and before people can post a reply, and the PM system is disabled for now if you're curious.

EDIT: Actually, it seems the Pm system is disabled... permanently.
Last edited by Ozymandias on Fri May 15, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrozenThunder
Jailbait

Post by FrozenThunder » Fri May 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Ozymandias wrote:Awesome. Have you pre-ordered overgrowth yet? You'll get access to the SPF.
Also, if you have time you should go back and read some of the blogs wolfire has made since they started getting back in gear. (which is around the same time I randomly check up on 'lugaru 2' to see if in made any progress, and made a new forum account XD)

Wolfire usually updates their blog every day, so you might have a lot of reading to do =P

There is also a moddb page you can look at, and a Steam group if you use Steam, and a Facebook page... and possibly more.

There is also an IRC channel you can join if you haven't noticed, it's next to the 'Wolfire forum' text at the top.
I haven't ordered it yet but I plan to just as soon as I can find employment. I've read a few of the recent blog posts but I am seriously behind on it. I definitely need to keep up with the site from now on...

How come you made a new account?

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Fri May 15, 2009 10:49 pm

I think my old account was disabled or something?
user is inactive
In any case, it's not a big deal =P

More editing: Lol, it seems that someone was looking for me

FrozenThunder
Jailbait

Post by FrozenThunder » Fri May 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Ozymandias wrote:I think my old account was disabled or something?
user is inactive
In any case, it's not a big deal =P

More editing: Lol, it seems that someone was looking for me
Oh I see. Hey at least somebody missed you :P

Had I been mentioned there, they would have just said "good riddance" >=P

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat May 16, 2009 9:00 am

FrozenThunder wrote:Hmm you starting digging through all my previous posts just so you could say that? Well I mean if you had nothing better to do then...
Clearly none of us have anything better to do since we're on the Forum...because making multiple "I'm back!" threads isn't having nothing better to do.

It wasn't hard, and no I didn't search all your posts, just click "Search user's posts" and go to the last post before this thread.

FrozenThunder wrote:So I just don't see why anyone would care that I made more than 1 "I've returned threads." To be honest I didn't even know that my old topic still existed considering the topic was created back on march 6th 2006. If you found it annoying that I made a second topic 3 years later, why even bother commenting when you could ignore it? :?
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed make a lighthearted observation about the forums. I was not annoyed by it, just making an observation. You'll know I'm annoyed when I'm typing in ALL CAPS AND THE CAPS ARE ON FIRE. Please forgive my harmless comment.
FrozenThunder wrote:I also didn't see any comments posted about my Jailbait title by anyone else, so I don't see how it's relevant to anything posted in this topic. Care to explain your reasoning for why you felt it was necessary to mention it?
Please don't be upset by it, I wasn't intending to embarrass you or whatever. Since the title was a joke, I'm sure it wasn't something you took some kind of deep seated offense to. The only way I'd imagine it could upset you is if your girlfriend was jailbait, and she wasn't, so what's the problem? Care to explain why you get upset about trivial things?

Again, though, please forgive my harmless comment, it wasn't my intention to upset you. I'll be sure to treat you with more delicacy in the future.

FrozenThunder
Jailbait

Post by FrozenThunder » Sat May 16, 2009 11:32 am

Your post made little contribution to the thread. And in some ways looked more like an attempt to start some bickering war. If that was not your intention then I am sorry but that's what I gathered from the original post.

I still don't see what point there was to bringing up the origins of my jailbait title though. Or did you gather that my disappearance was related in some way to that? :shock:

Looking back at the topic I can see how that might be a plausible assumption...

Anywho, nice to meet you.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sat May 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Whoa! It's FrozenThunder! All but a couple (if that) of the Lugaru beta testers are still around and posting (I tend to lurk, admittedly :P), so it's good to see some old 'faces' pop up every so often. Any idea if you'll be staying long this time around? :)

FrozenThunder
Jailbait

Post by FrozenThunder » Sun May 17, 2009 4:43 am

Viking Zippy wrote:Whoa! It's FrozenThunder! All but a couple (if that) of the Lugaru beta testers are still around and posting (I tend to lurk, admittedly :P), so it's good to see some old 'faces' pop up every so often. Any idea if you'll be staying long this time around? :)
Haha yeah I'm going to try harder this time around. When I looked back, I couldn't believe how I dissapeared shortly after my last return thread... :oops:

I got kinda busy shortly after that and forgot what I was even doing heh. I'm amazed that the beta tester forums are still intact. I figured that the old beta forum would have been deleted but it appears to be accessible even though it's not used anymore.

I checked back recently and saw a lot of progress being made on Overgrowth so it's nice to see things are going well for the developers. I'm loving the new map editor (from the screenshots and videos.) Can't wait to try em myself. I tried using the old lugaru editor but I couldn't wrap my brain around the tools. Maybe with Overgrowth I'll be able to make a level that I myself would not vomit with rage upon playing :P

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun May 17, 2009 8:21 am

FrozenThunder wrote:Your post made little contribution to the thread. And in some ways looked more like an attempt to start some bickering war. If that was not your intention then I am sorry but that's what I gathered from the original post.

I still don't see what point there was to bringing up the origins of my jailbait title though. Or did you gather that my disappearance was related in some way to that? :shock:

Looking back at the topic I can see how that might be a plausible assumption...

Anywho, nice to meet you.
No, no, no and no. It was just a comment about your title. Are you embarrassed about it? I don't see why you'd react like that if you weren't. Why would you be embarrassed about a joke?

Why would I assume you left because of it? Who even mentioned that?

If you made a comment about how I got my title I wouldn't get upset about it, it's a JOKE.

Sheesh.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun May 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Oh hush.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sun May 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Stop fighting you're going to make me cry!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 18, 2009 12:04 am

Untadaike wrote:Oh hush.
Lol oh fibber-fabber.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon May 18, 2009 10:25 am

Your antics amuse me.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon May 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Richie Rabbit wrote:Stop fighting you're going to make me cry!
Rabbit season!
Duck season!
Rabbit season!
Duck season!