Your talents

Anything else
Untadaike

Your talents

Post by Untadaike » Fri May 29, 2009 8:15 pm

This is a thread to post a short something or other on what you're good at. It's not limited to natural abilities or anything, just something that you have an aptitude for.
Also, please don't ask people to prove what they say or doubt them with a negative response. Anything could be true about any of us, we have no idea who's behind the online self. Maybe they're Da Vinci! Or... or Walt Disney!!! :P

Anyway, I'll start: I excel at filmmaking. It's fun, I do it often with my friends. Of course, my movies are only good by independent, made-by-kids standards. Once I get permission from the talent, I'll upload a vid to YouTube and link it to here. In my films, I don't worry too much about story, instead, I like to make fast-paced action, edgy cutting and stuff that looks professional. This limits the story, since I don't have great actors, so there ends up not being a lot of talking and at least one person dies in each of my films. lol.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Your talents

Post by Blorx » Fri May 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Everyone should know my talent by now...in fact, I just figured out the acoustic version of Paris Is Burning by St Vincent entirely by ear. ^_^

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Fri May 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Computer engineering, built my first computer when I was twelve, and had loved everything to do with them for years before, it is the greatest feeling in the world to have it work the first time you turn it on, with no problems, great feeling of accomplishment.

...No I have not had sex yet

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 pm

The only thing I can really think of is that I can remember all the little details for something when I want to. Like in Smash Bros. I have so many little things stored away in my brain that help me once every 500 matches. Is pwning at Smash Bros. a talent?

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 pm

My talent is being talented at whatever I try. :D

Seriously though... I guess I'm talented with Blender, though I'm sure I'm not the best...

Swordplay interested me since 1st grade. I was informally taught martial arts in 2nd grade by a local master. This lasted for about a year. In 5th grade I started a fencing class, rapiers and sabers, and was instantly in love with swordsmanship. When I was introduced to Bushido, by the same master that had taught me in 2nd grade, I liked it much more than the fencing I had done. Since then I have engaged in Quinchiquan, Wudang, Xingchiquan, Karate, Mixed Martial Arts, and Kung-Fu classes, tournaments, and teaching.

So yeah, if you ever meet me in person, I'll teach you some of the arts for free. :wink:

Swordsmanship is the talent at the top of my list.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat May 30, 2009 1:26 am

My talents are drawing,gaming & your sister.
Richie's Scientific Fact~ *Whaleman's farts causes tidal waves*

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat May 30, 2009 4:06 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:So yeah, if you ever meet me in person, I'll teach you some of the arts for free. :wink:
Deal. :3

My talents?
My talents...
Um.
Well basically everything I start with (except for maybe anything at school) I get to the point where people say "He's got talent/potential", but I don't really ever get past that point.

I'm a jack-of-all-trades, but slightly lacking in everything, too. So I guess that means I'm a good-for-nothing at the same time. Huh.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat May 30, 2009 10:12 am

Richie Rabbit wrote:My talents are drawing,gaming & your sister.
:lol: You should meet my sister!
me: hey sis, this is Richie
sis: hi there
u: :shock: (there's no barfing smilie, dang).

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat May 30, 2009 10:46 am

Glabbit wrote:
Lotus Wolf wrote:So yeah, if you ever meet me in person, I'll teach you some of the arts for free. :wink:
Deal. :3
You shall be my 5th disciple! :)

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat May 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Your sister can make me induce vomiting?!?!? damn she must be hot! :twisted:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat May 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Richie Rabbit wrote:Your sister can make me induce vomiting?!?!? damn she must be hot! :twisted:
:lol: Nice.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun May 31, 2009 6:56 am

I don't suck at football, and I don't suck at poetry too much, although that's still debatable. Is not sucking at something the same as being talented at it?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun May 31, 2009 6:57 am

That''s debatable too, I guess...
If it is, I'm more talented than I though, depending, of course, what your standards may be on where you draw the line of 'sucking at something'.

A lollipop, maybe.
Wait...

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun May 31, 2009 7:15 am

Procrastinating.

Diou

Post by Diou » Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 am

I'm talented at photoshop, drawing, and shooping da woop

nothing else. at all.