This has been bothering me for bloody ages.

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Zhukov

This has been bothering me for bloody ages.

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Does Lugaru contain two distinct classes of rabbit enemies?

It seems to me that some individual rabbits are significantly more challenging then others. For example, in challenge level 6 - the one with seven unarmed bunnies - there is a dark grey rabbit with maroon trousers and no shirt. He seems faster then the others, he reverses and counter-reverses more often and presses his attacks harder.

However, I have never heard any mention of anything like this... anywhere. Am I just imagining it?

So... does anyone know?

Note: I'm not talking about armoured and unarmoured rabbits.

Richie Rabbit

Re: This has been bothering me for bloody ages.

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:08 am

Its just a rabbit that was programed to be harder to kill..i think.. maybe it was meant to be a boss ..i don't really know myself but yeah some are a pain in the butt to kill off.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:56 am

I hadn't noticed this at all. It might just be your imagination or something.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:06 pm

No, I know what you mean. But as far as the behind-the-scenes story, I have no clue. But yeah, some of them are definitely harder, without switching difficulty levels, obviously, or cranking up the stats.

CommanderQ

Post by CommanderQ » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:22 pm

I have noticed that the rabbit in the green robe on level 7 seems to do more reversals.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:34 pm

the settings for speed power and strength have these effects. it's just a curve ball David or anyone who's made a campaign can throw at you.

Noz

Post by Noz » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:34 am

invertin wrote:I hadn't noticed this at all. It might just be your imagination or something.
I noticed it too. You are not alone.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:the settings for speed power and strength have these effects. it's just a curve ball David or anyone who's made a campaign can throw at you.
Ah. Cool.

I didn't know these setting were changed for anyone except the Alpha Wolf.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Well I hadn't noticed, but if you were able to notice a distinction, then they obviously were tweaked a bit. for example, a rabbit will reverse attacks more if you raise speed by a fraction. this way, he'll have an easier time of reversing your attacks, and at the same time, won't be so fast that you can notice it just from his movements.

larspcus2

Post by larspcus2 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:11 pm

One more obvious example is the black rabbit on the raider sentries level--he's standing all alone on a platform and is the one farther away from the starting spot. He takes two knife throws to kill, all the other ones only take one.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 pm

larspcus2 wrote:One more obvious example is the black rabbit on the raider sentries level--he's standing all alone on a platform and is the one farther away from the starting spot. He takes two knife throws to kill, all the other ones only take one.
That is because he is wearing armour.

That is not what I was referring to.

Nail

Re:

Post by Nail » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:58 am

Zhukov wrote:
larspcus2 wrote:One more obvious example is the black rabbit on the raider sentries level--he's standing all alone on a platform and is the one farther away from the starting spot. He takes two knife throws to kill, all the other ones only take one.

The armored rabbit isn't black.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 am

Nail wrote:
Zhukov wrote:

The armored rabbit isn't black.
No, he isn't.

However, the armoured rabbit is all alone on a platform, furthest from the starting point, and is the only rabbit in the level that take two knife throws to kill.

And yes, I checked. Twice.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 pm

Yeppers, when you're building levels you can mess with all kind of stuff on every character: change speed, size, proportion, "armor" (against sharp things-- though the maximum I ever got is up to 8 sword slashes) blunt force tolerance ("protection" -- seems like the sky's the limit on this) color of clothes and skin by using "tint"...

Of course there are limits to what looks realistic-- anything above about 1.2 speed starts looking cartoonishly fast, for instance.

The .png armor art has no effect on how much damage a character can tolerate, btw-- it's just clothing like a shirt. But in conjunction with a leetle boost in assigned damage resistance it's a really cool effect-- looks great, and protects the wearer like, well, armor.

one glitch I got a kick out of was typing in a really bright tint like tint 0.7 0.0 1.0, then typing clothes lonsleeve <---(NOTE MISSPELLING) Then you can add more layers of the same tint and the color gets even more intense.

This makes your entire fur an awesome silly purple, or whatever. Looks great on white bunnies and wolves. Easter!!!

Darwinian

Post by Darwinian » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:08 pm

op learn to debug