Some help with ATI Radeon?

Anything else
Lord_of_Sausage

Some help with ATI Radeon?

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:28 am

Hi all.

(I got ATI Radeon HD4530)

Yesterday, installed spore on my new laptop, and everything seemed fine, untill i got to the AnimalPhase. Now, i will get colored lines and stretched textures all over the screen, but behind it, everything is rendered fine!

This also happened to Gothic 3, where textures gets stretched.

Now, none of this happened before spore (or did it?). Does anybody have a clue on what can cause this?

Its works with games such as HL2.

Thanks in advance

PS: When using the creature creator, there is absolutely no problem, and it works fine.

TheBigCheese

Re: Some help with ATI Radeon?

Post by TheBigCheese » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:01 pm

I honestly don't know. My opinion is that if you're going to be playing games, you should use an nVidia card. Most of them are pretty cheap too.

Your going to have much better luck posting an actual support topic on Spore. The support team is very receptive and willing to help.

Use this link for the support page:
here
Otherwise, log in to spore.com with your account and choose 'help' in the top right.Then look for the answer, or choose "email us".

Even though it's not Spore specific, they'll probably know what the problem is.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Update graphics drivers. Try the newest ones first, and if problems still persist try to finds if some specific version works better.

Check that the cables are fully connected, once I fixed a similar problem (for a while), by removing and putting back the monitor cable. Obviously shut down the power first.

It might be your card is overheating. If you haven't cleaned the inside of the computer, remove extra dust. I usually use a vacuum cleaner (if there's lots) or compressed air (for small amounts).

I got weird graphic error before my card died, few weeks ago, but that was after a thunderstorm and the problems weren't limited to few games (desktop, startup screen, sudden blackouts etc etc), so you're probably good.

Lord_of_Sausage

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:25 am

Got a laptop, so cleaning aswell as changeing graphics card is rather difficult...

Diou

Post by Diou » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:23 pm

malfunctioning ram is also a possibility, have you had any unexplained system crashes(blue screens, or just random shutdowns) recently? as if your computer can't read what's being held in ram properly it can cause the graphical artifacts you're describing.