Chaos

Anything else
Timothy

Re: Programmer Needed

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:16 am

More stuff soon, I promise =). We are working hard to get out of the pre-visualization phase, our modelers are itching to get this stuff into 3d space.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Timothy wrote:More stuff soon, I promise =). We are working hard to get out of the pre-visualization phase, our modelers are itching to get this stuff into 3d space.
You should ask David & co about where you could find a programmer. If programmers are humans, and I have reason to think at least some of thema re, they want to talk to speak to other programmers. They can probably point you towards a forum where you might find programmers interested in making games.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Hehe, I'd like to think some of them are humans as well =p. Who is David? I haven't been following this community very long, is he one of the team members?

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:31 pm

David is the main programmer on the team. He was the one that created Lugaru by himself, and created the Wolfire team.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Oh awesome, I wouldn't want to bother him with something this trivial though. I'm hoping a programmer comes around and sees the talent of our team, will help alot more with recruiting when we get a website up also.

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Man, this looks pretty cool. i would love to help, but, uh, i don't have any Experience in any thing game making related. >.>
any way
nice looking game can't wait for more stuff. :D

i never did meet a dwarf i didn't like

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Wow, this looks insane. I can do concept design, but it seems like you don't need any help with that at the moment :P I will, however, support your game as soon as you guys get a site up. Need any help with that, by the way? I would be willing to help set up a forums page.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:58 pm

We actually could use some help in the concept art department. I'll consult my lead concept artist though. =). Also if there is any questions about the game as you can see I'll gladly answer them. I love to have questions asked, helps me keep a clearer idea of the game, and even catch some inconsistencies. I'll let you see the updated design document as I already caught some inconsistencies on my part, I said Braden had a friend named Jericho that serves as his operator, but in the current document his name is Cyrus Lancer.

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Well, if you need any beta testers or any thing a trained monkey can do, I'd be glad to help.

Pluuuss do you have any dwarf things? i love dwarfs, but i don't want to bother you.
so don't go out of you're way just for me. I'd hate to be a burden.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Hehe, yeah. We do have dwarves in the game. Although they aren't your traditional dwarf.....I think you'll be pleased with what we are going to do with them. They are able to control magma, due to the fact they are the miners of the universe. I'll go more indepth about how that effects gameplay later in time.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Will there be a dwarf throwing minigame?

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/ ... ssing.html

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Would be a fun mini game for the giants on the game, but you'd probably lose your head if you laid an unwarranted hand on our dwarfs my good fellow, they aren't the most sociable bunch.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Timothy: I'm not the best artist, just good at visualizing ideas/concepts. When I try to put them to paper they get all screwy :) I've also done Beta testing for several sites before, so I would be more than happy to do that, like Jimmy.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:32 am

Hehe, well we are a long ways from that, but seeing as I'll be a more frequent member of this wonderful community I'll definitely keep you guys in mind. You guys job won't be all fun and games though, I plan on having 3 beta testers besides the team, it'd be you guys job to come up with the How To Play Guide that comes with normal PC and console games. Which isn't a big deal by any means, just will be something the team won't have to worry about while we are working hard still. I'll definitely keep you and Jimmy in mind! You guys can spot bugs and inconsistencies well?

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:38 am

Well, as i said before i don't have any experience in any thing game making related. so this would be my first time doing any "Bug spotting" thus i might be less helpful then others. if you can find some one that's done this a bit more and is better at it, I'd suggest using him instead of me. really why i said "beta testing" is i don't know how do much else then play the darn game. but hey, any way i can help I'd be glad to. but I'm probably not the best.