Preordering from the UK

Anything else
Diou

Preordering from the UK

Post by Diou » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:12 pm

hey guys, I was just wondering, if I preorder from the UK using paypal, will I have to pay for importing or will I just get a copy of the game from some UK retailer or what?

also, any word on a possible preorder for digital distribution versions?

thanks in advance for any help with this :)

Sandurz

Re: Preordering from the UK

Post by Sandurz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm pretty sure it'll be downloadable from the internet. I'm not even sure there will be any hard copies.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Sandurz, there's no question about a downloadable. It's going on Steam. Steam doesn't do hard copies.

As to hard copies, Wolfire has never done it before (that I know of at least) and I'm not sure they will without a publisher to take care of all that.

Diou

Post by Diou » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:30 pm

so when I preorder, what am I preordering?

I don't mind if it's on disc or digital, I just don't want to pay extra because I'm outside of the USA if I don't have to.

EDIT: also guys, I realize that I have posted this in randomness, when really it should go in the wolfire section, is there any way to move thread, or have it moved?

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Diou wrote:so when I preorder, what am I preordering?
You're preordering rights to a game copy. There will be no hard copies like discs because of the massive overhead costs.

Everything will be done through steam, or possibly another way connected somehow through the website.
Diou wrote:EDIT: also guys, I realize that I have posted this in randomness, when really it should go in the wolfire section, is there any way to move thread, or have it moved?
I guess it's fine here, in my opinion. I check all of the forums anyway. A mod could move it there if they wanted to, though.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Diou wrote:so when I preorder, what am I preordering?

I don't mind if it's on disc or digital, I just don't want to pay extra because I'm outside of the USA if I don't have to.

EDIT: also guys, I realize that I have posted this in randomness, when really it should go in the wolfire section, is there any way to move thread, or have it moved?
It's a download. You're not paying extra. You're just paying for the game and access to the Secret Preorder Forum.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:09 am

You guys are correct. :) It's actually a better deal for you, because the US dollar is so weak right now.

Diou

Post by Diou » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 am

OK, that's fantastic then, I'll preorder this afternoon!