(RP) Quarantine: Code Black

Anything else
Ragdollmaster

(RP) Quarantine: Code Black

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Quarantine: Code Black is a story I've kind of mocked up (which is still in planning, so feel free to suggest some stuff [I'll probably be on the IRC channel]), on and off, for the past few days. It is a survival horror RP story; most of the characters might be trained soldiers, but they'll prove no match against the diabolical creations of my mind :) To avoid the confusion in many of the previous RPs, it'll be divided up into Chapters. I've got the basic plan for the first few Chapters and the last ones I've thought of are pretty vague because I'm hoping that as we get there, participants will be able to kind of craft it up by themselves. Think something like a... Area 51, L4D, and Penumbra hybrid. I can't think of a better description to be honest :P

Note: There might be some, as they've been called, 'mindfuck' elements involved. If you're easily scared by surreal situations, be warned. This is not your typical little green men B-Movie, kent b?

CHAPTER ZERO: Orientation. Let's get familiar with the story!

Overview: Kylin (one of the protagonists, I'll be controlling him) is part of a Biohazard Countermeasure Squad sent in to a research facility. The other characters will either be part of the squad, surviving scientists, or antagonists (mighty fun, I would assume, because these guys are tough. And that's all I can tell you for now)

(Briefing at the Trinity Special Operations Command Center)
-RECEIVING: Message from Washington Main Center
-Subject: "Hades Squad Assignment"
-Open? Y/N
-Y
-Initializing...
-Message Opened Successfully
>Hours earlier, scientists and guards at the Serrin Research Facility sent out distress signals and raised a quarantine alarm picked up by the CIA and NSA. The facility, which has been disguised as a prototype power plant for publicity reasons, was barricaded by police and the National Guard for a full ten mile radius due to a 'potential meltdown'- which they expect is the only danger. This means two things for you, Hades squad; you won't have to worry about any curious rubberneckers, and you can't expect any official help from the military without someone noticing. What you can expect is a tactical nuclear strike flying in there if you can't contain the situation and obliterating everything within that ten mile radius. You'll have no radio contact with people outside the base, no air support, no last minute bail-outs. Once you're in, you're only getting out after you fix the issue, or you're getting out in a tiny lead box filled with your ashes.

Character Design: It'll be pretty straightforward. Outwardly, the squad members all look about the same. They wear dark green combat suits, infused with Kevlar for added protection, along with black carbon fiber vests to stop their organs from getting all squished and whatnot. As top-notch soldiers, they're well equipped, but not very diversely. Each member is armed with a prototype automatic weapon nicknamed the Hydra Rifle, which fires specialized tungsten-reinforced rounds tough enough to pierce three inches of steel and then go through anything fleshy hiding behind it. Very versatile, it's suited to short, medium, and long ranged combat against lightly armored infantry up to vehicles like Jeeps and Humvees. Sidearms include the popular special-forces standard .45 ACP USSOCOM pistol, and combat knives.

TL;DR: Don't worry about flashy equipment. Character design sheet is pretty simple, or at least it seems like it. The story is more about mentality and psychology as opposed to the typical 'kill-everything' genre.

Character Sheet (Copy/Paste the template and fill in with your own information)
Name: Kylin
Appearance: Tall, has brownish hair and eyes.
Psychological Complex: Friendly wouldn't be the word, but he's easy to get along with. Doesn't like the unknown and being alone.

Let's see if we can't get this off the ground. I wouldn't mind three or four other users willing to play along :)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Re: (RP) Quarantine: Code Black

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Question about these rifles...wouldn't you have to worry about over penetration in urban areas or close quarters (eg: inside a building)? You'd be firing at your target and you'd end up hitting whatever was behind it and into the next room.
"Each member is armed with a prototype automatic weapon nicknamed the Hydra Rifle, which fires specialized tungsten-reinforced rounds tough enough to pierce three inches of steel and then go through anything fleshy hiding behind it. Very versatile, it's suited to short, medium, and long ranged combat against lightly armored infantry up to vehicles like Jeeps and Humvees."
I mean read that description, that thing is an over-powered beast. :lol:

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Huh-wa?..... RP?... holy crap.... ITS A RP GUYZ! any who, would it be possible to join in later? and are our guys going to die a lot? ._.

" HOLY SH**! WHAT WAS THA- AUUGGGH-..... *blood leaks around the corner* " <-- example

well... might as well join in.

Name: Vadim
Appearance: roughly 6 feet tall, a Anchor beard, short curly reddish hair. wears glasses, he says that contacts "makes his eyes itch"
Psychological Complex: The friendly type, his friends call him out going, he is a bit claustrophobic though. his favorite personal quote is "the unknown is only something to be explored, and researched"

Should be fun, see you in the field. :wink:
Last edited by Jimmy Jazz on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Foreshadow: It'll still end up being pretty useless.

Yes, maybe a bit overkill against the typical suicide bomber, but it's still in a prototype stage and designed for specialized combat. Those rounds don't come cheap; we'd be in the gutter if every soldier in the US army had it as a standard weapon. Keep in mind that in a typical squadron of soldiers, there's at the very least a Designated Marksmen with a high-powered rifle, and occasionally a guy with an M72/some kind of anti-armor explosive. The rifle is designed as an all-around battle machine :D It's got to be practical in almost every application, because if it's not, Hades squad is kind of screwed.

EDIT: *sniffle* no one is interested :<

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:09 pm

i am *sniffle* :(

WHERE HAS THE ART OF ROLE PLAY GONE?! *shakes fists in the air*

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Out the window when Grayswandir got bored with it :cry: (Grays' RPS were the shit. Loved 'em.)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 pm

I'm not bored with it, I just a) don't have the patience for it ATM and b) can't think of anything good.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:43 pm

So try one of your 'better' ideas. Some of em might turn out fun. As for the patience thing, yes. RPs are usually "never-ending" stories, at least up until the point everyone gets bored. I've never seen a finished RP :P

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:52 am

Jimmy Jazz wrote:WHERE HAS THE ART OF ROLE PLAY GONE?! *shakes fists in the air*
invertin is still into it, i am sorta but not that much rly

except for that, i have no answer for you there i'm afraid

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:28 am

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL AND HE SHALL JUMP OUT OF THE SHADOWS SCREAMING "OOGABOOGABOOGA!"

Name: Ian "A-Hat" Lirick
Appearance: A little below average height with blonde hair and green eyes, he looks a little younger than he actually is.
Psychological Complex: Definately overenthusastic, but professional. He's got a strong sense of humor and constantly lets everyone else know this, leading to his nickname, the shortened version of Asshat.
Last edited by invertin on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! crap man dont do that!

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:54 pm

3/4th of the way there, if only someone else would join. (Quickly, let's pester Lotus)

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 am

Where's lotus?... *looks in the IRC* not there... IF YOUR READING THIS LOTUS, JOIN US. IT DOESN'T HURT.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Well, there is the part where we have to take a sample of the scrotal sack, but it's pretty painless when you're hyped up on morphine.

Of course, I can't guarantee it'll be painless in two days or so.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:49 am

I just read my character sheet again.

And realized that I'm #1 candidate for "first guy to die"

Unless the fourth character is a black guy.

I also noticed a mistake that I'm going to fix now.