Forum game: Arms Race!

Anything else
Chainsaw man

Forum game: Arms Race!

Post by Chainsaw man » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 am

You remember cartoons like these?
The ones with the one oneupmanship one who had the most guns and more bang for his buck, from pistols to BFG9000s?

well here is where it all happens...
Post an Image of a gun slightly bigger than the last, ill start...

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:45 am

I say we skip the handgun-SMG-rifle-MG foreplay and go straight to the fun stuff.

Behold:
(Also, this one should get extra points for being real.)

Lotus Wolf

Re: Forum game: Arms Race!

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:50 pm

well since that one is pretty big i have to post an even bigger one...
Bang! lol!

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:11 pm

fugheddaboutit
this thread went off track from the second post and on, "slightly bigger" doesn't fit in

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:05 pm

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:29 pm

'sup bitches, i herd u leik hypernovae?

A hyper nova wouldn't just blow up a planet, like your shitty death star, it could potentially take out a large amount of solar systems depending on the star class. Basically? A hypernova is an extremely large star collapsing into itself, like a supernova (only 100 times more powerful) which immediately forms into a black hole after exploding. Those two jets of light shooting out? Pure plasma being accelerated close to the speed of the light by the sheer force of the explosion. Radiation? X-Rays from a hypernova are considered to be very bright... after traveling up to 25 million light years away from the origin of the explosion.

Considering that the only thing potentially more powerful than a hypernova in the universe would have been the theorized Big Bang, I believe I have won your little game. Adorn me with your praise and money. (Seriously, let me go set up a PayPal account, I still need Overgrowth :<)

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Too bad, there is something more powerful.

Lemme introduce the quasi-stellar radio source, or quasar for short. It is the largest possible form of a black hole.
While your hypernova is just a little star exploding, a quasar is the implosion of an universe, creating an entire galaxy with just this black hole. :twisted:
Doh.... I just love my nickname. ^^

For the disbelievers: Wikipedia provides.
Wikipedia wrote:They are the most luminous, powerful, and energetic objects known in the universe.
Offtopic: Oh, and someone go and buy Ragdollmaster a copy of OG... he deserves it. 8)

- Black
90% of teens today would die if Myspace and Facebook had a system failure and were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Let me just point out that those last two have no real way of being harnessed as a personal or military weapon. I mean, Unicron was pushing the boundaries of 'arms' there, but you just shot it out of the park guys.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Uberbeard: Actually, you could use a star as a weapon. Pretty simple; I'm assuming the game allows infinite resources; obviously, not many people have access to tanks or nuclear warheads or Death Stars or Unicrons; and as I explain later in this rant, it is possible to, with the correct equipment, blow up a star.

*puts on his strictest debate hat*

Now, to Blackhole; while you make some convincing points, good sir, I believe you're slightly misinformed. A quasar is indeed a galaxy, and nothing more than that. It's not a singular event, unlike novae explosions. Obviously, the energy in an entire galaxy is pretty high; one in a super-dense galaxy is obviously super high; but how do you utilize it? A giant black hole in the process of accretion can't be begun by human means, nor controlled, nor stopped. It's like claiming the entire universe as a weapon due to all the energy present in it. Meanwhile, hypernovae are just the result of hypergiant stars dying out; in theory, anything that could break through to a star's core before disintegrating could detonate a star, like say, a series of giant thermonuclear warheads launched via equally giant railgun into the center of the star. Theoretically, not at all hard to do. Due to the fact that hypergiant stars, being among the biggest stars, are usually unstable and relatively short-lived anyways, it's not like trying to blow up a solid mass of rock. It's like throwing a hand-grenade on top of a wooden box filled with dynamite.

But an entire galaxy cannot, sir, be utilized as a weapon; while true that a supermassive stellar black hole in the process of accretion could gobble up a decent portion of the universe over a long time, there's no way to create, control, or end it, and in turn, impossible to classify as a type of arms. Ergo, due to this technicality, your quasar is disqualified as a potential weapon. Good day to you, sir.

I believe I retain my title :o

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Jesus.

PWND!

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:25 pm

You can't PWN with a system based on faith! If that were true, I'd be so much better at Gears..

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 am

I shall be back just as soon as I locate a picture of a universal singularity.

I may be some time.

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 am

*searches for his debate hat
Ragdollmaster wrote:A quasar is indeed a galaxy, and nothing more than that. It's not a singular event, unlike novae explosions.
I missed the point were we were talking about singular events. This is the arms race, and a weapon is not a singular event. It's an object.
We're not fighting about who has the biggest explosion. All what matters is the object that creates the explosion, the gun.
So, according to that, your hypernova is incorrect. But you may send in a hypergiant star as your weapon of choice. ;)
Ragdollmaster wrote:Obviously, the energy in an entire galaxy is pretty high; one in a super-dense galaxy is obviously super high; but how do you utilize it? A giant black hole in the process of accretion can't be begun by human means, nor controlled, nor stopped. It's like claiming the entire universe as a weapon due to all the energy present in it.
Ragdollmaster wrote:Actually, you could use a star as a weapon. Pretty simple; I'm assuming the game allows infinite resources; obviously, not many people have access to tanks or nuclear warheads or Death Stars or Unicrons; and as I explain later in this rant, it is possible to, with the correct equipment, blow up a star.
Given the infinite resources, it is indeed possible to create and control an stellar black hole, and thereby the entire quasar it forms.
Stopping it would be a bit more complex, but could also be archieved.
Ragdollmaster wrote:Meanwhile, hypernovae are just the result of hypergiant stars dying out; in theory, anything that could break through to a star's core before disintegrating could detonate a star, like say, a series of giant thermonuclear warheads launched via equally giant railgun into the center of the star.
In theory, this also applies to the quasar. The only difference that I have to do just a little more then blowing up a star.
Ragdollmaster wrote:Theoretically, not at all hard to do. Due to the fact that hypergiant stars, being among the biggest stars, are usually unstable and relatively short-lived anyways, it's not like trying to blow up a solid mass of rock. It's like throwing a hand-grenade on top of a wooden box filled with dynamite.
Theoretically, creating a black hole also isn't hard at all. Due to the fact that galaxies already have a sufficient amount of energy, it's not like trying to implode a solid mass of rock. It's like throwing a photonic crystal laser beam into a compressor filled with near-to-singular plasmoids.
Wait... that also doesn't sound very easy, eh? :evil:
Ragdollmaster wrote:But an entire galaxy cannot, sir, be utilized as a weapon; while true that a supermassive stellar black hole in the process of accretion could gobble up a decent portion of the universe over a long time, there's no way to create, control, or end it, and in turn, impossible to classify as a type of arms. Ergo, due to this technicality, your quasar is disqualified as a potential weapon. Good day to you, sir.
The way this thread went, I don't think arm type classification is a requirement anyway. And it would be just as easy to classify as your hypernova.
Ragdollmaster wrote:I believe I retain my title :o
So you may believe, my friend. :twisted:

But since Sandurz already won the game by introducing faith... :(

- Black
A thief is more moral than a congressman; when a thief steals your money, he doesn't demand you thank him.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:01 am

Sandurz wrote:Jesus.

PWND!
Gandhi turns the other cheek.
Attachments
gandhi.jpeg
gandhi.jpeg (4.31 KiB) Viewed 12856 times

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Regardless, Jesus/Gandhi is inferior to...

I believe I have won your little game. Again.