Diagnosis, please.

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Diagnosis, please.

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:16 am

Okay so yesterday morning at around 10 a.m. (Sunday) I woke up with muscle aches in my legs, arms and torso. No big deal, I thought it was just my muscles recovering from the two football matches I played on Saturday, which I was severely wrecked after.

Then last night at around 7 o clock I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone and I started to get a bad headache (I don't think she caused it). So, naturally, she told me to go get some rest, so I did. I slept from around 7.30 to 9.30. When I woke up I had a bad fever and felt pretty weak. So, I went down and told my mum and she told me to take some Tylenol, so I did, and I've taken 6 in total so far (2 every 6 hours).

Anyway, after I took the first two, I went to bed. This was about 10 o clock when I went down to bed again. I didn't get to sleep until about half 11 or 12 midnight. When I woke up I felt severely dehydrated and was sweating pretty badly. I went down and took another 2 Tylenol and drank some water. Went back to bed. Couldn't get to sleep, got up and hung around by the computer for a while, it still hadn't gotten bright at this stage. Waited until half 8 when my mother was getting up for work, went back to bed, slept until 1 o clock.

I'm not sure exactly at which stage it was during the night, but while I was lying awake in bed I was having hallucinations, imagining things in ways that they actually weren't, although after a while I became aware that I was hallucinating, which I suppose is a good sign. I haven't gone completely off the edge.

Anyway, here are all the symptoms in roughly chronological order of when I started experiencing them:

*** Muscle aches in legs, arms and torso.
*** Dull continuous headache.
*** Weakness across my body. Getting out of bed takes severe effort, my body doesn't want to rise.
*** Bad fever, sweats and dehydration.
*** Eyes burning slightly. Also, when I roll my eyes upwards I experience a sharp pain in that area behind the eyes.
*** Partially blocked nose.

Anyway, I'm feeling better than I felt when I woke up at 5.30 a.m. I'm just wondering what people think these are symptoms of. Is it the flu? I didn't know hallucinations were a symptom of the flu, if that's what you think it is.

Oh, and I'd appreciate if when people give their opinion, it's actually an informed opinion, because I'm half-certain someone will go "MAN YOU HAVE SWINE FLU GO GET QUARANTINED." lol.

Uberbeard

Re: Diagnosis, please.

Post by Uberbeard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 am

MAN YOU HAVE SWINE FLU GO GET QUARANTINED.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 am

lol...I guess I should have seen that one coming.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 am

Yes you should. Hope you feel better soon, though!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:15 am

I'm actually starting to feel a lot better in the last couple of hours, thanks. :D Probably not the flu if I'm getting better so soon.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:35 am

MAN YOU HAVE HAVE GOD-KNOWS-WHAT GO SEE A FUCKING DOCTOR.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:40 am

i showed my mum the symptoms, she has medical training (used to be a nurse) and she said that those were all the symptoms of swine flu, but once she read the bit about the hallucinations she said it could also possibly be lead poisoning, so unless you have been in close contact with any lead recently (in which case get to a hospital??), she would suggest getting some rest, and try to stay away from anyone too young or too old for the next few days. also apparently paracetamol/aspirin will do the same as tamiflu.

just an opinion of course, it's down to you whether to listen or not.

and get well soon :lol:

plus we thnk that spatan has swine flu :lol:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:59 pm

SYMPTOMS:
WE LOVE CAPSLOCKINGS!!!

DIAGNOSIS:
YOU GOTTA STOP KISSING PIGS MAN.

Hope you feel better soon dude.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:13 pm

inb4 we need Dr. House.

Also; PFFFT. R_T is way too manly for Swine Flu. I'll diagnose him.
R_T wrote:*** Muscle aches in legs, arms and torso... Weakness across my body. Getting out of bed takes severe effort, my body doesn't want to rise.
This sounds like hypotonia or ataxia, neurological disorders where you slowly lose control of your muscles. Hypotonia just generally weakens them to the point you eventually can't even move them while ataxia gives you a more random effect, where it's tough to even generally direct your muscles and you sometimes have spasms.
R_T wrote:*** Dull continuous headache.
Hmm... internal/external head trauma? Could also be encephalitis (inflammation of the brain)
R_T wrote:*** Bad fever, sweats and dehydration.
This could be hyperthermia, if you've been outside in +120 Fahrenheit weather recently. Probably not; in which case, sounds like this has a neurological root to it aswell.
R_T wrote:*** Eyes burning slightly. Also, when I roll my eyes upwards I experience a sharp pain in that area behind the eyes.
Another head issue :f Everything is pointing to the head...
R_T wrote:*** Partially blocked nose.
'k, this just sounds like the common cold :S

My good sir, I have concluded that you've suffered a stroke and also have the sniffles. I would recommend you get to a hospital for an MRI and treatment for the former and keep taking the Tylenol for the latter. Good day.

tokage

Post by tokage » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:20 pm

I have an explanation for the hallucinations. They can be side effects of fever and dehydration. At least I usually get mild hallucinations when I have high fever. Wasn't seriously ill for years now though.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Yeah, that sounds logical, the hallucinations only began when the fever and the sweats got particularly bad. Cheers, that explains that.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:33 pm

And they could also be symptoms of a stroke as I pointed out kthxbye why aren't you at the hospital?

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Wow, I'm really sorry you got that, and glad you're feeling a little better.

It does sound like a flu... no diarhea or vomiting, so it might not be the H1N1, but high fevers can be kind of dangerous. It's good to keep track and get some help if it goes above 102F (don't know what that is in celsius, sorry.)

If you have that thick yellow-green snot of a sinus infection or a lot of fluid in your lungs you might get some damage from that. I heard they have health care over there in the civilised world. :lol:

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:inb4 we need Dr. House.
It's not lupus.
kehaar wrote:It's good to keep track and get some help if it goes above 102F (don't know what that is in celsius, sorry.)
Rounded off, that would be 39 — Unit Converter in Dashboard FTW 8)

Seriously though, good to hear you're feeling better, that stuff is no fun.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:03 pm

sounds like regular old flu to me, used to get crap like that when I was a kid, I don't see anything having to do with your throat though. drink a lot of warm liquids and get lots of rest is all I'm gonna say.