obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
Aderzo

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by Aderzo » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi, My name is Atte I'm from Finland and I'm 16 years old. I found overgrowth through Moddb, but I found these forums just lately. (mostly because i was too lazy to click some links) uhh... what else to tell? Well... I was just too friggin' lazy to concentrate on school and too active with partying and drinking. Because of my lack of motivation my grades didn't allow me to go to vocational school, but I'm sure I will get there next year.

So in summary I'm lazy pimple faced teen with a drinking habit and sorta bad English. And like to listen to rap with deeper message. Oh, I do listen to heavymetal and punk too

First post on this forum. n_n

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Don't be so honest, everybody likes liars.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:42 pm

This is Obama speaking.

Aderzo

Post by Aderzo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:24 am

Okay no more lies, i really worship Satan and George Bush. My hobbies are eating babies and sacrificing virgins to the 7 headed beast, no rly. :twisted:

Eagle0600
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Inner Rim, Orion Arm, Milky-Way, Universe

Post by Eagle0600 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:38 pm

And I'm a baddass longcoat with an AK-47 and sunnies. On second thought, I'm just Neo.

Kigertian

Post by Kigertian » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 am

Hello, I am 16 and already a world traveler, but my home-base is in Houston. I found out about Overgrowth around the time it was announced. I like video games and art, or better yet, artistic video games. I can draw pretty well, but I can't really draw that much now because I have lots of schoolwork and my brother is addicted to online relationships AND the Witcher, so he hogs the main computer most of the time. I also don't have a scanner.

I love animals, hence the reason I am already a fan of Overgrowth, and I'm currently looking forward to rat violence in Overgrowth (slapping cats in the face with dead rats in bullet-time, specifically).

I hope to have a good time here on the forum.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:43 pm

So, you're a WORLD traveller, eh? I'm a TIME traveller!
(and alternate universe traveller as well........... man, I just LOVE string theory!)

But seriously, welcome to the forum!

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:08 am

*tips hat and flourishes cloak in welcome*

TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Nice to meet you Wolfire forum, I'm Charlie. I'm 19 and I live in Darwin, a small city at the top of Australia. I play several instruments reasonably well, such as guitar, piano, and drums, and I write my own music. Unfortunately, it is pretty amatuer music. I also use photoshop from time to time, but again I'm pretty amatuer. Next year I'm going to study Engineering in Melbourne, which is at the bottom of Australia.

I have a massive amount of respect for the Wolfire team, in fact, so much respect, it's bordering envy. Really enjoyed Lugaru, however I'm still working on the 14th challenge on the higher difficulty. And so far the Overgrowth Alpha's have been impressive. There seems to be an overall sense of positivity among the Wolfire forums, which is awesome.

enenra

Post by enenra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:54 am

Heya,

Name's Lukas, I'm 18 years old, from Basel in Switzerland (that's in the north of the country where no mountains grow). I'm still a student and plan on studying Game Art.

I'm interested in concept art and modelling as well as storywriting and do some of that all myself. I'm a modder, mostly for the X-Series games (which are pretty unknown so don't worry if you have no idea what it is).

I first spotted Overgrowth on ModDB, thought it was pretty cool and got to like the promo-strategy Wolfire uses. It's pretty cool to get to know how a game is created from ground up and get it explained in detail. :)

KimSky

Post by KimSky » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:40 pm

The name's Kim and I'm a guy from Finland.
Don't really know how I found Wolfire Games, I think Youtube has something to do with it..
I love Lugaru and pre-ordered Overgrowth (...and now alphas won't work :( )
umm.. I love tennis, studying different lenguanges, currently studying six.. Finnish, Swedish, English, French, German and Japanese.
I'm also an computer nerd, I love programming weird little software (..like just black screens that prints out fibonacci sequence 'till someone turns of computer, I sent it to my little brother and he thought that his computer was broken.)
hmm.. Then I dance, play padminton, bake, cook, I'm freelancer psychologist, I have aspergers syndrome, I wanted to go study game developement yadda yadda yadda...

I think you'll find me more often from IRC than forum, but I'll try to be active here.

Nice to meet you all.

DJisbored

Post by DJisbored » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:59 am

Wow, I totally missed this.
I thought something with the word "obligatory" in it would have caught my attention. ._.

Anywho, I usually read a lot more than I post on forums. It'll probably be while before I feel comfortable with posting freely.
I bet you can guess my name (if you can't, I am deeply disappointed).
I really like Lugaru I just got it and I've been playing it over and over. I like black shades, too; I haven't played in a while, but last summer, I played it just about every day. The other games look fun too, but I'm reluctant to turn on my obese-dinosaur computer.
I found this site from the mod on rubber ninjas on RDS =)
I would LIKE to call myself a computer nerd (I <3 computers, macs especially), but after starting a PC repair class and talking to people on the internet who are very, very good with computers, I have realized that I know next to nothing about them; so, I'm always trying to learn, even though I don't always succeed (and I rarely do >_>).

I don't think I should go on any longer, so, I'll just sum it up with: I love video games especially computer games, and I look forward to meeting all (most(some)) of you, though it'll probably be more inadvertently through reading posts.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:27 am

Count Roland wrote:Don't be so honest, everybody likes liars.
I'm actually a woman :D

Zness

Post by Zness » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:52 am

Hello everyone, I've been following Wolfire for a few years now but only just joined the forums due to the promising developments of Overgrowth lately. I'm an Australian musician / weed demon.
I hope to make this forum an even happier place.

Lycurgus

Post by Lycurgus » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:45 am

Hi everyone, my name's Andrew and I'm from Australia. I'm a 20-year-old engineering student, and I was linked to Lugaru (and Wolfire and Overgrowth, by extension) by a friend.

I'm not much of a forum user, really, so I expect I'll read more than I post, at least initially. Over time I'll probably end up being more active but that'll happen as it happens.

So, uh, it's nice to meet everyone! I look forward to getting to know people a bit and seeing Wolfire's games as they develop :)