The Weapon Shop

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
tokage

Re: The Weapon Shop

Post by tokage » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 pm

ilkondom wrote:A book and how a book can be a weapon?No realy how ?
Knowledge is power.

And you can knock someone out with a throw...

A book as the knife model would be a brilliant idea.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Armored_Wolf wrote:Actually, I said he should put a LINK to his WEBSITE on the front page, because I can never remember where it is. I know he was a website, so if there was a link on the front page, that would be more helpful. :)
There is a link on the front page, it's been there for some time.

Sorry I haven't finished the weapons guys, I've been getting side tracked a lot. :oops:

A book, sounds like a good idea :)

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Lol ya a book please do print orin from the never ending story on to it xD Image

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:59 pm

OK! :D

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Sweet, can't wait.

kwatie

Post by kwatie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 am

that warglaive is gonna be sick...one thing that would be sick is if it was a dagger and i threw it at a guy....wow, som giant bloddy thing sticking out of a guys back would be sick...Hely lutus can you make like a dagger, sword and staff version or can i just have one model and use it for all the .solids or would it mess up then?

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:08 am

ilkondom wrote:Wolverine's hand can be some fist weapon an i think mace wil be the best as a knife somethink like
the HAMMER of the god of thunder Thor :D or something like that so you can throw it.
The thunder god uses a hammer ( at least in Marvel Comics :wink: ) and throwing a mace, while looking awesome, wouldn't really work.

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:47 am

Armored_Wolf wrote:
ilkondom wrote:Wolverine's hand can be some fist weapon an i think mace wil be the best as a knife somethink like
the HAMMER of the god of thunder Thor :D or something like that so you can throw it.
The thunder god uses a hammer ( at least in Marvel Comics :wink: ) and throwing a mace, while looking awesome, wouldn't really work.
Im from denmark wich is related to sweden and norge and we have some books about the vikings gods and the thunder god thor indeed does throw his hammer"Mjølnir". It was actualy ment to be a huge hammer whit a long grip but they kinda messed up doing the forge. Or atleast thats how the story goes :P

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 pm

lolz, yeah, you can use the same model for all the weapon, you can do that yourself after it's out though.

Lugaru_noob777

Post by Lugaru_noob777 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:06 am

Are you still making weapons?

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Of course, just because I don't release any for a few days doesn't mean I've stopped. There've been spaces of months between weapons in this thread.

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Hey lotus, it would be cool if you would go post some of your work in the 3d gallery sometime :D i'd like to see what you can realy do instead of the models you make that lugaru limits you too it would be cool mate :D

ilkondom

Post by ilkondom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:54 am

I think gear shop will be bether name cuz you craft weapons and armors but its your site you take care of it.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

blood-shard wrote:
Armored_Wolf wrote:
Im from denmark wich is related to sweden and norge and we have some books about the vikings gods and the thunder god thor indeed does throw his hammer"Mjølnir". It was actualy ment to be a huge hammer whit a long grip but they kinda messed up doing the forge. Or atleast thats how the story goes :P
Yes, he throws his hammer, which in Lugaru wouldn't work because of the way knives stab into the object they are thrown at (kind of weird to see a hammer sticking out of a wolf's back, eh?) but I said you couldn't really throw a mace. Maces are not the same as hammers.

And back to ikondom's original post: a mace would be too small as a knife, and he would hold it upside-down, which wouldn't really work, and you don't really slash with a mace. The sword animations actually kind of would look like he was clubbing people with the mace, so it would work best as a sword.

ilkondom

Post by ilkondom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:55 pm

I meaned mace look at that
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=1721#screenshots:id=6145
That can be throwed.