Test Map - Chaos Space

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
tannim

Test Map - Chaos Space

Post by tannim » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:59 am

This is an odd lugaru map. It's quite a mess. It's quite chaotic. It has hidden dangers in that many surfaces are not actually there despite seeming to be. You WILL fall through floors and you will have no idea which ones are solid and which are not.

I have no idea if it is possible to make it to the top fairly. There are 8 enemies to hunt down and butcher. They are normal strength and normal everything.

Let me know what you think

to use
copy to lugaru\data\maps, rename to chaospace
Attachments
chaospace.txt
NOT A TXT FILE. Rename to chaospace
(9.36 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

Untadaike

Re: Test Map - Chaos Space

Post by Untadaike » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 am

Downloading... :)

Edit: whoa, nice job. The no-collision objects are quite scary indeed. I couldn't find, let alone defeat a single enemy. (But I only had five minutes, I'll try again.) I might have made it a third of the way up or something. cool map!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Damn this is crazy... Nice map, love/hate the intangible platforms.

tannim

Post by tannim » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:24 pm

In theory there should be no difference between the tangible and intangible platforms. They are all the same size. They are all a wall with random rotation. I have no idea how the intangible platforms happened.

the concept of the map is fun to me, but the platforms that aren't there really are annoying.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:28 am

hmm, it may be partly due to the size of the platforms... I found a few where parts were solid but after a certain point you would fall through them.

Anyways, great map, I was able to locate and kill one guy XD will try to get more later.