Dave, Lugaru is missing something...

Anything else

Do you think Lugaru 2 should have some sex appeal to it?

Yes please! Raaawr!
39%
No, I'm a putz.
61%

Total votes: 41

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 pm

No no! I love it! I was saying how that little kid didn't get it. Heh, don't get me wrong! It is an honor!

God, it's really boring saying this, but too many people are getting mixed up: this thread is a joke, I don't really want to see sex apeeal in Lugaru. I really shouldn't have to say this, but too many people were not taking it as a joke.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 pm

If you were joking then what was the point of posting the friggin' link?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:09 am

I don't get the joke. Some people would like to have sex in such a game, most people wouldn't - what is the joke then?

What were you trying to make fun of? Lugaru? Games with animals in general? Or this community?

Edit: Are you interested in Lugaru or games by Wolfire Software after all or are you only here to make your jokes?

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:23 am

I love Lugaru! Well hey, some people got the joke, they're just not up right now.

Until then, I'll look like a fool.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am

Until then, I'll look like a fool.
Yeah, how about that.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:47 am

The act of prodding people to see how they react can be viewed humourously by some. Such as myself.

Furthermore, making a parody suggestion can be considered as humourous as well.
Although, I think there wasn't enough hints that you didn't take the suggestion seriously yourself, Ovaltine, thus resulting in our own reactions.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:39 pm

I thought it was pretty silly.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:03 pm

Yes if this was going by the account of a sane person, then yes, I would have definately thought this was a joke. Just a long hillarious little joke.
However, this is a bit harder thing to realize with Ovaltine. I don't think I ever remember seeing a serious post from you (I'm sure you have made one...) The only post I remember that had any form of thought-out intelligence, was when you had responded from those brain scientist's theory. And even then, it was only created to further enforce your view of bunny sex.

I can get a good joke as any one else can (at least I hope so), but by your such strong goofy character, I really thought this wasn't a joke. If the joke was made by someone else, ya sure I'd definately sense the sarcasm. By you, it just felt so natural! :lol:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:07 pm

First of all, all of you stop trying to get one-up on each other. It's embarassing to watch this. You're all taking the thread way too seriously. I don't get why there should be outrage over it.

Second of all, I think Ovaltine should not be getting constantly berated over a joke (namingly by Zantalos, just please stop it and stop trying to be a nuisance), he clearly did not mean to offend anyone. That's how it seems to me, anyway. I found it humourous to watch all your reactions, like Fournine said. Some people don't have the same taste in jokes, so why bother telling him it isn't funny? Different people have different comedic tastes. But I will say one thing to Ovaltine, and that is the use of words inappropriate to the forums, such as the F word.

Third of all, Kalexon, if you're really only thirteen, it doesn't show much at all. You seem to be a very bright young lad, so just keep improving. I remember at twelve when people used to get surprised that I was so young.

Fourth, but not least, Rudel_ic, your idea of the humiliation techniques was nifty. I'd like to say "innovative", but I suppose it has been done before in some way, shape or form. I think a lot of people come up with some really ridiculous demands of David and the team (like demanding multiplayer, someone did that. I know multiplayer is being thought over by the team, but stop reiterating it every two threads), but I think it was a nice suggestion.

Just, in general, I wish people would stop getting so worked up over words placed on a forum over the internet. It's not the end of the world. You can just ignore some things. I find it sad that I can be mature than most people on these forums after only just turning sixteen.

Also, as a side note, it's spelled definitely, in reference to the last post. Don't snap at me, I'm just giving a bit of help.

lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:13 pm

ok, but your almost a month late...

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:27 am

ooh, how long did it take you to come up with that one... A MONTH :P

Wait, what? What the heck are you talking about? Not only are you alittle late but, I don't think I know exactly what you are actually argumenting on, commenting on, scolding us for.

I mean, I never actually said it wasn't funny, I don't even think we were trying to be mean to Ovaltine, not intentionally and not with the words I had to so carefully choose. In fact, this thread is one of the main reasons why I'm now using emoticons to back up all my posts to actually show people, "hey, this is the tone here."

So please, I'm sure we were anything but "outraged" while we were typing these up. I think all the last posts we made weren't made to "get one-up on each other," a last post was necesarry. We weren't taking turns making fun of Ovaltine, I had made my last post to show that now I understood what this thread was about, I didn't get it, but now I did. What's so wrong with that? Would you get pissed off at someone because he didn't get your joke? I'd certainly hope not, especially if the person had to base the joke on sarcasm spelled out in writing (pretty convincing sarcasm, I might add).

So calm down, I had no problem with Ovaltine. He made me laugh (couldn't show it on a keyboard), this was one of the most popular threads at the time. Ovaltine had tricked us (at least me) pretty bad to see a reaction, and I think alot of responses was due to wanting to hear more from him, he gave very interesting conversations. I wasn't offended by him.
For someone who says people need to ignore things, why didn't you take your own advice? This post was unnecesarry, it made me cry. :o

Ahh what the hell, I'll go on. Why are you talking about Rudel's ideas? There was nothing wrong with them, and no crap you suppose it has happened before. They just said right after, a prime example would be Fable. And again, you haven't been here for like a month if you do make these comments, at least make them a bit more believable. I know for a fact, that multiplayer isn't constantly popping up with redicules demands for David. He said they could make a multiplayer thread and that's what they did, hell, you were there when they did that too. They didn't demand things, they were all suggestions for things they thought would be cool, that's it. Nothing rude about that, I think.
Definately, wouldn't be harmfull to... oh what's that? Defin... definitely? Oh, thanks man! I had it all wrong till now. :roll:

You weren't here so I can't take this post so seriously to get mad at. But I think you're still feeling guilty of Usagi's abandonment, and know you're trying to do something for Ovaltine. Obviously, I don't think he left out of anger, he was just bored with this community. Imagine a serious guy trying to have a conversation with a bunch of jokesters like Ovaltine, at one point, you just find something better. Attacking others is not going to call him back, especially if he's not here to see it, you're just being mean to the people who are here and have forgotten about the whole matter. But yes, I'll be sure to act extra... understanding to the next goofy set of guys that show up here, even if I've been trying to already.

Edit: smalled off, if you really want to know what we're talking about
Last edited by Zantalos on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:14 am

So what if it was a month after the other posts? That means I can't comment? No, it doesn't.

Hey, there you go again, well done.

I have, myself, seen examples of people going "It would have to have multiplayer!" etc. Don't tell me what I've seen. I'm not going to go looking for them. You don't have to believe me.

You weren't even here at the time Usagi left, were you? It says you joined in February of this year. If that's when you first came upon the forums, how could you have known what Usagi meant by doing what he did? Didn't he get rid of every single one of his posts? I thought he did. I don't get it.

What are you talking about? I never said there was something wrong with rudel_ic's idea. I said it was a good idea. Did you actually read what I typed or just browse through it and pick up the words that were appropriate to your argument?

Don't get stroppy with me just because you couldn't spell "definitely" and I told you how it was really spelled. I even told you I was just helping you. Would you prefer to go on spelling it the wrong way? Don't be childish.

Telling me to calm down, and it was clearly you who was getting worked up in the first place.

Attacking others? Oh? Was I? Doesn't look like it to me at all. Oh yes, <i>SCATHING</i> attack that I have there, really now.

My last post was intended to get people to stop blowing the thing out of proportion. That's what seemed to be happening. I didn't take a look at when the last post was made, nor did I care.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:35 am

I apologise for that last post. I just thought about how foolish I was being. It was very unnecessary. It is just the internet after all, so why continue such pointless arguments? I apologise to Zantalos particularly, even though he didn't seem to read what I originally posted very much at all. I'm arguing over trivial things. We can all just get along. Let's not have another Mac - PC discussion or something along those lines, or I may have to shoot myself.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:33 am

Now that you mention it, I have to say Macs suck and stuff.

Errr... However, you can delete your post if you think it's too embarassing.

Edit: It's the 'X' in the upper right corner. You don't have to though. But you can.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:15 pm

Maybe he likes to stand by what he said, I don't know. I for one took his post semi-serious... oh well.

I however do stand by my original opinion on the topic, no matter the outcome.