Macs vs. PCs

Anything else
Flickta

Post by Flickta » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:14 am

rkn wrote:Linux is the answer... 8)
For a 'pro'.

BeefNoBroccoli

Post by BeefNoBroccoli » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:07 am

Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics...
Even if you win, you're still retarded
:roll:
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/ ... 0/463c5922

rkn

Post by rkn » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:04 am

Aw that's so cruel.

Good to know you're alive. Btw- USC undergrad app blows. :?

e2dolce

Mac is the best!!!

Post by e2dolce » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:57 pm

PCs crash to much my, PowerBook hasn't crashed in sense i bought it almost 1 year ago...

my friends PC crashes every few days...

Do the math...

Lycanthrope
Bunnyface!

Re: Mac is the best!!!

Post by Lycanthrope » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:01 pm

e2dolce wrote:PCs crash to much my, PowerBook hasn't crashed in sense i bought it almost 1 year ago...

my friends PC crashes every few days...

Do the math...
David's Powerbook crashes, QED.
Wait, I thought this thread was (thankfully) dead... crap....

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:03 pm

Threads like these just get people riled up, lots of "facts" get thrown and in the end nobody has changed their mind.
PCs are not POS crash meisters.
Macs were not designed for people confused by 2 mouse buttons.

Iceman
Location: Gebenstorf, Aargau, Switzerland, Europe, Earth, Sol, Universe 1

Re: Macs vs. PCs

Post by Iceman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:15 am

Jeff wrote:Macs are really bad... I am curious why people still use them considering how much faster, cheaper, etc. PCs are.
Well... In One Way Macs are MUCH faster than PC's... PC=One Fast Dude taking One Sack of Datas at Time Mac=One Slower Dude taking 10 Sacks of Datas at a Time

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:52 am

Anyone that has a monitor can now use Mac OSX 10.3.5 built in the hard drive with...Mac Mini!!! Yay! Now, will you all stop fighting for the two companys Apple and Microsoft in their never ending war. End the war on this forum! Yeah! Let them handle their own problems! Yeah! Kill Monty Microsoft! Yeah? Sorry, wrong guy. Now who's with me?! *cricket chirps* Forget you! BOOOOOOO!!! Lets destroy Microsoft! Yeah! Now who's with me?! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! Eminem Rocks! This isn't an M&M convention! It's war! YEAH! (everyone in the crowd pulls out either a bazooka or an uzi) Destroy Microsoft! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boom! BOOM! BOO...

Sorry, just fantasizing.

DudetheCreator

I made a simple "virus" for Mac

Post by DudetheCreator » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:59 pm

Hamlover wrote:another plus is no viruses that are made for windoze can affect our beloved macs!
I once made a simple "virus" for Mac. Its a script file that you put on a xserve. (Easy to do in schools and offices that have all the acounts on the xserve.) Put it in an account, then eject the account, then "detonate" the script from terminal. Bam! 50 000 new folders created within a few minutes (unless it crashes) or Bam! 50 000 text files with customized content! or Bam! "top command being start 10 times every 5 seconds! (top uses about 9-10% of the cpu, so this one crashes quickly, unless it as lots and lots of ram. and a good processr, the it takes longer.

DudetheCreator

Pcs vs Mac clocks

Post by DudetheCreator » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:02 pm

Macintosh computers get more done every clock cycle, therefore they have less clock cycles faster (less mhz). Pcs however get a hell of a lot less done every clock cycle. The reason they are so fast, is cuz they have to be. They are always behind the due date and have to rush to get there. Multitasking on PC will almost always result in crashing.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Pcs vs Mac clocks

Post by Blorx » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:15 pm

DudetheCreator wrote:Macintosh computers get more done every clock cycle, therefore they have less clock cycles faster (less mhz). Pcs however get a hell of a lot less done every clock cycle. The reason they are so fast, is cuz they have to be. They are always behind the due date and have to rush to get there. Multitasking on PC will almost always result in crashing.
Duh! What did you say again? *reads the quote* Ok, I got ya, I'll pour hot soup in your eyes...wait! *reads the quote again* Oh! Right. That is very true...sorry, I was falling asleep while typing this...just...not...thinkain...straght. :? Sorry, I need to get to sleep...see you all in the 'morrow. To much slang.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:46 am

DudeTheCreator... you keep saying that PCs can't multitask, its not true. Please stop :P

DudetheCreator

No offense but...

Post by DudetheCreator » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:54 am

No offense but the chances that a PC crashes when doing multitasking is higher than a Mac. I can't even run applications like Donuts 3D or Milkshape without risk on my parents pc.

Gramage

Post by Gramage » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:11 am

It's a matter of personal preference.

IMO, Linux for Stability, Mac for Productivity, PC's for solitare. But that's just me.

I just have one question for those that say Macs suck: Why are nearly ALL movies digitally edited/remastered with Macs? If PC's are so great howcome almost no one who needs an extremely high end machine uses them? And are we forgetting the Virginia Tech Supercomputer? A 5 million dollar collection of G5's that is the third fastest computer in the world, costing about a tenth of what the next one up costs. Running OS X, I should add.

DudetheCreator

Post by DudetheCreator » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:17 am

they arn't on g5 now, they are on xserve, if you were near them, you could have got a g5 for like 900$