Portal 2

Anything else
Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue May 17, 2011 9:01 am

Assaultman67 wrote:I think the ending provides a really great feeling of redemption from the hell of aperture laboratories.

But you know there will probably be a portal 3 ... so valve will probably nullify this excellent ending for a series ... meh :? . I guess they did leave "holes" for a new portal. Such as the mystery of chell's parents.
I saw a comment from the game's writer that they're probably done with Chell. He said something along the lines of, "I think she's been through enough." However, he didn't rule out the possibilty of a Portal 3.

I agree with him. Portal 2 had such a good bittersweet ending. It would seem a shame to retcon or nullify that for the sake of a sequel.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Portal 2

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am

Ahh, now I can guess what happens! You better not be inadvertantly spoiling things, Zhukov! You'll become my version of Dinkleberg.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue May 17, 2011 11:22 pm

My guess is that your guess is wrong.

Besides, if you don't want spoilers why are you reading this thread?

I've tried to be careful, but I'm pretty sure an intelligent individual could figure out many of the game's details by reading this thread.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 18, 2011 3:52 am

People are generally courteous enough to say when spoilers are coming. Unless they're a douche. Are you a douche too, Zhukov? Would you not warn against spoilers? :P

And I'm reading it to glean the general consensus on what the game's like. If you read a review are you expecting the game the reviewer is discussing to be ruined on you? Think about what you're saying next time. :?

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 am

If you've been reading this thread then you will know that I have gone out of my way to avoid spoilers.

But not everyone does that. I still remember that guy in the Heavy Rain thread who posted, "THE KILLER IS [NAME]!".

Also, no, if I were reading a professional review I would not expect spoilers. However, this thread is not a review, professional or otherwise. It's a bunch of people talking about the game, and occasionally referring to the events therein. If I were reading such a thing then yes, I would be wary of spoilers.

Think about what you're saying next time, geez.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 am

My original comment about it was very clearly tongue-in-cheek anyway, you just went a bit lecturey. It's okay though, we're all having a laugh. :P

It just appeared as though the implication was that things don't end well for Chell. But don't anyone tell me either way!

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed May 18, 2011 11:01 am

Oh.

Y'know, it's genuinely difficult to tell when you are joking, trolling or being a dick. Limitations of text-based communication and all that.

Don't worry, I was aware of what could be infered from my post. And... I'll not say any more then that.

Go play the damn game. Fanboy or not, it's good.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed May 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I couldn't agree more.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Wed May 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Buy it -> Play it, you will not waste your time.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Zhukov wrote:Y'know, it's genuinely difficult to tell when you are joking, trolling or being a dick. Limitations of text-based communication and all that.
I'm hurt that you haven't recognised the change in my demeanour over the past while. I don't troll anymore. I have learned the meaning of the word tolera...toleran...toleranis?

Edit: Sorry, just looked it up, "tolerance". My apologies, it's a new word for me.

I'll get around to playing Portal 2 when I don't have other things to play first...The Witcher 2 and No One Lives Forever.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:46 am

SPOILER IMAGE AHEAD

(ren, if you see this anyways ... I dont give a shit, portal 2 has been out for over a month, its ridiculous we have to stay quiet about it just so you don't hear spoilers :roll: )

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri May 20, 2011 2:46 am

Did you eventually give in to Valve's aggressive, in-your-face, face slapping, nut crunching, cock sniffing, feet licking, advertising or did you not buy Portal 2 and its wonderfully optional system of DLC hats and emotes that make you sad face?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri May 20, 2011 11:25 am

Assaultman67 wrote: (ren, if you see this anyways ... I dont give a shit, portal 2 has been out for over a month, its ridiculous we have to stay quiet about it just so you don't hear spoilers :roll: )
Whoa whoa whoa, that was heavily uncalled for...I wasn't being mean to Zhukov, in fact I was half-joking, and he took it that way. Are you somehow trying to fill in the void I left when I stopped trolling because you now feel lonely and unloved? :(

Anyway, as long as there's a "Spoilers Here" message, I don't have anything to give out about.

And I hardly see how the length of time a game has out makes you any more entitled to spoil it for people...what odd reasoning.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Fri May 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote: (ren, if you see this anyways ... I dont give a shit, portal 2 has been out for over a month, its ridiculous we have to stay quiet about it just so you don't hear spoilers :roll: )
Are you somehow trying to fill in the void I left when I stopped trolling because you now feel lonely and unloved?
No I AM!
FUCK YOU.

Seriously though I don't get why time since release should have anything to do with whether we should spoiler or not. Metropolis, great movie, has been out for 84 years but that doesn't mean you've seen it (cough cough exaggerating but I guess you get my point).
The thing is I guess this thread is rather for discussing portal 2 than offering reviews and I think Ren had already stated that he was clear of that before you posted that.

Also anyone who's finished portal should watch this SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFCKhUgIziU

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri May 20, 2011 8:03 pm

I don't get why you guys have to be so defensive when all he's asking for is for you to not spoil anything by simply adding a "Contains Spoilers" tag at the top of your posts. You don't have to be a douche and "claim your rights to post spoilers" or whatever. It's not like it's hard or anything to just warn someone looking through your post.

Concerning the a cappella song, I just love it. I'm actually quite fascinated by their bass-vocalist, not to say that any of them were anything less than incredibly talented.