New indie game to play while waiting for overgrowth

Anything else
alexpoysky

New indie game to play while waiting for overgrowth

Post by alexpoysky » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Guys, I don't know if you've seen this game, but it is an awesome piece of work. Ever since gratuitous space battles came out I had this little itch for a game where I could customize my own fleet and actually play through in an RPG esque style. The itch has been scratched!

The game was made by just two people, and has a demo out. By all accounts the game is really cheap and TOTALLY worth it. I've spent countless hours saying "oh jesus it's two in the morning, gah I'll free up one more star system, take on one more quest etc, and be off to bed. Bullshit, complete and utter bullshit, as about two hours later I would be saying the same exact thing.

It takes a simple concept, customizable fleet battles, and builds upon it in a deep manner, and while the story may be secondary, I found it to be solid and pretty hilariously written. The sound is also great, and the little quips and pieces of radio chatter have keep me chuckling constantly.

I know some of you will possibly compare it to starfarer or something, but that game is a lot slower and more tactical. This game is more of a lighthearted rpg based on fleet expansion, a really cool concept.

The site has pictures, videos and a demo. Anyways, I'm off to go play it some more.

http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/ here is the link by the way.

-Alex

StickIt

Re: New indie game to play while waiting for overgrowth

Post by StickIt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Viral viral viral viral viral viral

did I mention viral?

Chinzo

Post by Chinzo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Terraria

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Frozen Synapse is looking really great. I always loved the idea of simultaneously executed turn-based strategy games, they make me tickle.