Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 23

lpod100

Paintball

Post by lpod100 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:38 pm

hey guys! i just came back from my first game of paintball. It was really fun, although I did get a couple of welts... anyway, I was wondering, do any of you play? If so, what kind of gun do you have? I'm thinking about buying.

loki J Lo
What's "what's a computer"?

Post by loki J Lo » Mon May 22, 2006 3:59 pm

I don't play paintball but I want to.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Mon May 22, 2006 4:59 pm

Fun game, played it a few times with my friends. It doesn't hurt as much as they say when you get shot either!

The guys I was playing against in a CTF game were charging pussies... they charged our fort, then I ran out of ammo firing at them. I kept firing at them, so the little "phoomp" could be heard by them, and they wouldn't advance! :D
We won the game shortly after, as most of our team had snuck past them, gotten the flag, and shot them without any resistance.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon May 22, 2006 5:21 pm

leDoOd wrote:charging pussies...
Hahaha, that seems like an oxymoron.

I haven't played paintball since around 7 years ago... I might go this summer with some of my former suitemates - we'll see. Back when I did it, it was a lot of fun although I don't know if I actually hit anyone. I could have sworn I was never shot, although the next day I noticed all of these small circular bruises on my arms. I didn't notice at the time, but I guess I was hit and the balls didn't break or something. I think I'm a lot better at laser tag (Q-Zar) which is extremely awesome. Too bad they all shut down in the bay area. :(

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon May 22, 2006 5:32 pm

I have an airsoft gun, but I have really young neighbors so if I brought it outside they would think it's a real gun and call the police so I just shoot it indoors.

My dad is working on a proposal for some government project which I am not at liberty to divulge, but if he wins the bid he will have to buy paintball guns which I will hopefully use.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Mon May 22, 2006 5:48 pm

hdlsa wrote:My dad is working on a proposal for some government project which I am not at liberty to divulge, but if he wins the bid he will have to buy paintball guns which I will hopefully use.
Hm... paintball and the government...

I WANT THAT JOB!

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue May 23, 2006 12:06 am

So the paintball match I had was nothing like Ledood's, that's like something from a video game!

Our group all got a special admission deal (the group was part of my friend's water polo team, cheaper price when everyone buys their ticket at once), which consisted of standard paintball guns (it was funny, sometimes the balls would explode before they completely left the barrel) and a bag full of ammo for each of us (we could play as many rounds as we liked, as long as we had the ammo, free gas). The courses were fairly simple (extremely bland), they consisted of blown-up obstacles or thin pieces of wood (painted to look like castle walls), all on a flat dirt ground surrounded by safety netting.

At first, we would pretty much shoot as soon as the guy said the round started (no whistles or anything fancy, just a lowered arm and "go"), but as we began to run out of ammo (later in the day) we played a whole lot more conservately. This actually worked out a lot better for me, I actually shot people when I didn't shoot so much. And yeah no scenarios, just team elimination, so for pretty much more than half the time I'd always get hit near the beggining, I only survived near the end of the day.
But yeah Paintballing was fun, I only did it one day, but it was hella fun (I got so sticky afterwards, I couldn't tell if it was paint or human sweat :P ).

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Tue May 23, 2006 6:24 am

So many people at my school play paintball, i am planing on getteng one in the summer. ( My school is a middle/high school, so that amount of people would be doubled )

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Tue May 23, 2006 10:38 am

I've never been and wanted to for a long time. Gotta work with friends to go.

lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:34 pm

yeah I was always bugging my mom about going to play paintball, but she never let me. Finally, as an end-of-the-year party, me and 11 other guys went. I got an old and really bad Tipmann 98 Custom, I clocked it at the lowest speed of all of us (120 fps compared to 280 for most of 'em). I stayed back for the first couple of games, but after I got hit a couple of times, I realized it wasn't life threatening, so I started advancing more. I only got 3 people out the whole day, but for that I only got out twice. In all it was a great experience for me, and a great way to release all that steam that builds up during the year (I usually get into a couple fights, which just gets me in trouble the next year...).

do any of you know anything about paintball guns? I want to get the Tipmann A5, but I'm not sure what caliber it is and if the cyclone feed can only handle compressed air.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Tue May 23, 2006 2:52 pm

I remembered I got a really lame store gun for that game, so when I had ammo and shot it would curve straight down 2 seconds after being shot... I got pissed and just started shooting it really far up, and I accidently hit someone hidden in a bush!

Nice shot too, right in the face mask... so he had lots of purple specks dotting his mouth.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:08 pm

Ok, so I really hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy x3 I'm headed out to a paintball game this saturday, I'm looking forward to it too ^_^ I booked myself in alone, which means that I'm going in with a bunch of people I've never met in my life, which should make it that little bit more fun for both me and the group ^^ I've played once before, but that was at a walk on day, so lots of folks were more experienced and had better gear than me...

Three times. I got shot in the head 3 times that day x3 first time it hit my mouthpiece and splattered (Commonly referred to as "Eating paint"), second time I got whacked right in the visor (also known as being "gogged" since I was hit in the goggles), and the third nearly knocked the visor part off my facemask (I hope I got that term right, by "Visor" I mean the piece of plastic that sticks out (like the front of a baseball cap) to somewhat shield your eyes from sunlight).

Still, it was a fun day, even though I legged it earlier than normal (kinda chickened out after having been shot in the head so frequently). This next game however should be more interesting. If the group I'm with has never played a game of paintball before (or at least don't have their own equipment and need to rent) I'll probably have a better chance of survival. And I'm staying there for the entire day too, no matter what, cause I paid deposit. x3

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:56 pm

Reviving dead threads is fine; doing so instead of making your own new thread, in fact, helps keep the forum less cluttered and proves you're not just trying to up your thread count. It's only reviving them _without_ any useful contribution which is prohibited.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:17 pm

Yep, as was drilled into my head by the Steam Forums' handy little guide to forum posting, "Posting and You":

*Evil voice* It is ALWAYS better to post in an EXISTING thread than to start a NEW one. *ahem*

If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, this here's the flash guide to posting on the Steam Forums (can apply to all forums if needed): http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Now, to make sure I'm not entirely derailing the thread: I've been considering buying my own equipment, in particular I've been looking at headgear. I'm considering a mask that covers my whole head, in particular, this beauty.. Mainly because I'm a coward and don't want any of my head exposed to shots that might really hurt :3 what do you think?