World of Warcraft

Anything else
pyros soul

World of Warcraft

Post by pyros soul » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:32 am

I have just started on World of Warcraft, and people have said they play it, but i want to make sure......post away

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:03 am

Me: Hi, My name is Eric
Group: Hi Eric
Me: and I play World of Warcraft.

PS: I was trying to mimick a AA meeting introduction.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:35 am

Oh man... Stay away from WoW.  It has ruined the lives of many people I know.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:03 pm

Well, all of my nerdy friends play it and i was just wondering.

And yes, i know that people stop posting because of WoW. i am NOT one of those people.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:08 pm

I have played like 4-6 months, my life is not ruined yet,
and im not obsessed with the game.
I enjoy it, and im not going to stop playing it for a long time.

I've got four characters, all on the Kul Tiras realm.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:32 pm

i use to play wow.
i got sick of the constant grinding and Questing. same old same old.
and RP was Really bad. Gold Shire should be Renamed Gold Shire Brothel. and if you thought GS was bad, the Night elf land was Worst.
it was the land of Lesbian Orgies. :x

I Prefer Lugaru or Ever Quest. i like Lugaru for its Combat and Ragdoll ability, its not all invisible dice rolling, its what buttons you press. and there are no higher level Mobs that are impossible to beat.

Ever Quest is cool because WOW is Really Laggy and most servers are unstable and over populated, and the Graphics they Say they have are Dreadful compared to Most FPS, and Lvl 60s are Bloody in there owen world. Ever Quest 2 how ever has a Low Population compared to WOW, i think due to lack of Advertisement. the Gathering is less Limiting (i don't think they have to think about Gold Farmers) and there is no real need to gold farm. and the Faces are not just different Textures mounted onto an Ugly face like in wow. you could also make you're Character have pointy or long nose and you have more Customizing Variants.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:05 pm

Well, looks like my suspicions of WoW were correct, I don't play it and I never will

By the role-playing being really bad, do you mean the role-playing by the players or the stuff in the game, because if it's the stuff in the game then that's worse than I thought!

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:31 am

Role playing as in in game Acting rather than saying "can i have a 40k gold Gs? im a n00b" you would say "Can some one please give a pouch of Gold Coins to a man who needs some beer. I cant shoot strait if i don't have a pint."

well people in RP servers go for the first Entry. then there is people who take you're loot. and people are racist towards Asians because they get into the game more and make good money.

i will admit once you are at 60 it gets fun. the Glimmer and the Glamor, the Beggars, and Access to Everything in the Entire game, and fair PvP.
for RP though there is little to build you're Character off, unless you like a Cliché of the Rouge being a Silver tongued Anti hero, or the Mr T Warrior, maybe even the Slut Priestess. or the Crazy Warlock who is bent on World Domination (how ever World Domination is Impossible)

as for me i am a geek who likes Role play, MMORPGs to Pen and paper.
how ever i have not had that many friends to do such with. :cry:

Life Goes on

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:24 am

I prefer MMORPGs that actually have the RP in MMORPG, and I prefer it if people role-play when playing it, so unless I misheard you, it looks like I'm like you in that sense :)

P.S: I LOVE the new forum theme

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:14 am

Holy Crap. thats a first i have ever heard.
Amazing! both to what i heard you say and the new Theme.

a lot of my friends bastardize RPGs (PEN & PAPER and MMO) and all that i hear is whining because one of the monsters broke my mates characters arm. and then he starts saying that his character starts wanking with his other arm. :cry:

then there were my other mates that were fanatical on winning and were Intimidating because they were in High classes and i was kick out of school. well they completely forgot how to play the role of a person. its all hack slash for them. its Random Skits (that everyone laughs at) and plotting traps and not to mention how each person affects how people behave towards each other.

MMOs are sneered at by my mates because they think RUnE ScapE. Ever Quest is nothing like RS. Ever Quest has 3D Graphics. RS is a lot of uba noobs waddling around whacking each other with grey sticks! NO RP there Either. :lol:

sorry about this rant. dose everyone agree on my statements though?

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:43 am

The closest I've gotten to WoW was playing Ultima Online... and that sucked cause my computer couldn't process Pong faster than 5 FPS (wheras now I get about 30 on RO) So yeah, I can't really say much. All I can say is that I'm not a fan of RPG's because I'm not good at all that leveling up and such. You have to sit through hours of leveling so your character gets better, wheras in some games it takes days for you to get better at the game. Both kinds of games have the 1337 guyz that are all "lookit me I have the dark uberobe of darkness@!/leet snipezor skill!" except in the othe rkind of game you actually have a chance to kill the other guy, wheras in the RPG you're screwed if they're a higher level or have better equipment.

Blah!

And yes I'm also talking about 1 player RPG's

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:28 pm

If there were more games out there that had an RPG feel but didn't use RPG style skills and such, that'd be a good thing

Though the way RPGs do things and all gives a more accurate effect (Being an apprentice swordsman in a non-RPG game and beating the crap out of everyone is an example of an inaccurate form of combat and other things)

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:06 am

Regular Warcraft 3 and W3: The Frozen Throne are still fun to this day. Not the single player - the custom tower defences like Wintermaul Wars and Green TD are addictive and great for a quick 10 minute game.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:34 am

We are talking WOW not WC3 or FT. how ever if we are going to talk strategy game. then...

i prefer Close combat a Bridge too far. its probably so old you would not have known that it was around. it was released in 1996. its a old Microsoft game were you lead men who act and think like real solders. they panic when there mates are dead. they limp when hurt. they try to take cover and get pined down. and attacking a panzer with a Sword wielding guy on his owen. even on easy, don't expect to have heroes who are ridiculously strong. and tank russ dose not work in it. you are given you're Units at the start and then from that point you must use there Qualities and Supplies to the Full or you will be crushed. rather much like total war. but with a WWII setting.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:22 am

Wow, I thought A Bridge too Far was an Avara level :P

I guess it was just another stolen name