Drunken Gaming

Anything else
Freshbite

Drunken Gaming

Post by Freshbite » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

Lately, I've been doing a lot (a LOT) of drunken gaming. A friend and I tend to challenge each other in which of us gets the most kills in our matches of League of Legends. Usually, he dominantly wins.

He seem to love the opportunity to drink me under the table, and I can understand why. Personally, when it comes to League of Legends, I actually play BETTER than I would have if I were sober. Drunken me takes more risks, is severely more reckless and doesn't hesitate at all to start team fights (even if the odds are in the opposite team's favor). Sober me is somewhat of a coward, who doesn't take unnecessary risks and for the most part plays it safe. The less deaths the better.

The thing is, I've come to notice that the risks I take whilst being drunk are not nearly as many failures as they are successes. I have learned that, for the most part, I am WAY to cowardice in my sober self. Therefor, besides the slow responses and the fact that I'm somewhat unwary on occasion, I often play much better than I would if I were sober (How many times have I repeated that now?).

What's your experience of playing whilst being drunk? Do you play better, or worse? Let me know, I'm actually quite interested in hearing your responses. :]

And yes, I am actually very, very drunk at this time of writing...

ShinyGem

Re: Drunken Gaming

Post by ShinyGem » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:59 am

Never drank and gamed, but, I picture something along the lines of this:

FPSs seems to be the most lulsy.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Is this a safe environment for secrets? I've had interesting gaming sessions with alcohol similar to your experiences, but I've also found after the initial manly-man rushes and ballsy pushes I become sloppy and unable to think of new strategies... and then pissy as hell when the alcohol makes me angry-drunk. :|

Certain other mood-altering substances, however, dramatically enhance my flow of strategy for their duration, improving my "game sense" awareness and making my "twitch" aiming reflexes significantly more accurate, especially when playing FPSs like TF2, Battlefield 3/BC2, and CS:S. I take my super-soldier skills very seriously, of course. :mrgreen:

TL;DR YMMV, but the best 10 rounds of TF2 I've played was when I was super high on shrooms.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Games are a lot better when everyone is fucking around and not taking it seriously. When people take it seriously, the game is just ... tedious. :?
ShinyGem wrote:...
"Who's the NCO?!?"

"I am"

"I am too!"

"Who's the more superior NCO?"

*everyone looks around, while one guy fixes his bayonet*

*more looking around*

*stab stab*

"oh well I guess he is the NCO."
I fucking lost it.

Edit: Downloading now.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:48 pm

It works great in real life, too! Driving drunk is awesome fun, like playing driving games drunk.

Ok, just kidding. I been drinkin' a cider or two right now. woot!!

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:09 pm

this thread has me written all over it.

i'm sure all of you are aware that i am an alcoholic, so drunken gaming is a large part of my gaming life. to me it makes gaming with friends much more enjoyable, be it over the internet or splitscreen. alcohol loosens me up and i feel like i "flow" more after a few drinks. some of my best gaming moments have been under the influence. i have such fond memories of beating games on co-op with buddies splitting a 12 pack... or a 30pack sometimes. i will openly admit though that this is only the case when my motorskills are still intact. once i am completely smashed i tend to get a bit sloppy, therefor sucky.

which then brings me to the topic of stoned gaming, that my friends is a completely different story.

i bet my lack of capitalization gets annoying after a while.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Ahh, I'm suddenly reminded of drunk driving in GTA IV, that shit was crazy!

EDIT: Reminded of that by Keehar's post, you done scooped me UTD!

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:16 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:Ahh, I'm suddenly reminded of drunk driving in GTA IV, that shit was crazy!

drunk driving with a hooker in the car, crashing into everything until your car lights on fire, exiting the vehicle to see the hooker jumping out on fire rolling on the floor.

now thats just hilarious.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:25 pm

underthedeep wrote:
zoidberg rules wrote:Ahh, I'm suddenly reminded of drunk driving in GTA IV, that shit was crazy!

drunk driving with a hooker in the car, crashing into everything until your car lights on fire, exiting the vehicle to see the hooker jumping out on fire rolling on the floor.

now thats just hilarious.
It also disinfects the hooker! two birds with one stone!

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 pm

That right there is how Niko Bellic gets rid of evidence! :lol:

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Me and my best pal ain't drinkers, but we do notice we're hitting the walls less when playing WipeOut HD after a bottle of ginger beer each.

Also at the swordfighting club I'm told that often people fight better after a drink (although not too many) because they quite simply think simpler and cut off some thinking time, meaning faster, more straightforward hits.
Of course, being *drunk* has quite the adverse effect, as you may imagine.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Nah I ain't a huge drinker either, couple of beers plus Batman challenge maps equals fun though! :lol:

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 pm

That game is PC only right now. :cry:

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Arkham City? Where do you live?

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Oh no, I meant Resistance and Liberation. The one in the video.