Errm..your favourite music?

Anything else
zoidberg rules

Re: Errm..your favourite music?

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:26 am

PLUGGING TIME!

Anybody else here remember TheShadowInside? Well, he's in several bands, and he seems to be doing quite well for himself at the moment, here are a few of his things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU9B9t-zswA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9j2SHEMW8 - Army of Shadows!

If you liked them, you'll love his channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHoodedOne23

He's a heavy metal freak, so any burst eardrums or eaten bats are not his, or my, fault... :lol:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Not a big fan really.

Enter Shikari just released a Youtube video for their new single, Destabilise, and I think it may be the best single they've released to date. Check it out:

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:42 pm

I only really liked "Juggernaughts", I don't know why, I just sort of did.

On the subject of "TheShadow"'s music, I only really like lullaby and his other acoustic stuff, most of his kind of music is a bit heavy for my liking.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Not a big fan really.

Enter Shikari just released a Youtube video for their new single, Destabilise, and I think it may be the best single they've released to date. Check it out:

I was quite disappointed with their last album. Didn't really like this single too much either.

Now that I think of it, I never really listened to Take to the Skies THAT much. Just every now and then. I usually like a few songs on all of their albums, but can't listen to the whole thing without stopping.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:28 pm

I thought that their second album was a huge progression from their first album, and this single is even another progressive step towards a new fusion of different styles. Certainly less political lyrics on this single than on Common Dreads.

Enter Shikari remain to this day my most-enjoyed live act and I've seen Killswitch Engage, Bring Me The Horizon, The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, The Raconteurs, Florence And The Machine, Neil Young, Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen, Newton Faulkner, Pendulum, The Prodigy, Oasis, Kasabian, Muse, etc. etc. etc. There's many more and I'll recount a full list if you wish just to show you how many other big bands that I love (I love all of the ones listed, or else I wouldn't have went to see them), and how many other big bands I hold in lower esteem than I do Enter Shikari. They're electric when you see them live. Observe how much the Reading crowd loves them:

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:I thought that their second album was a huge progression from their first album, and this single is even another progressive step towards a new fusion of different styles. Certainly less political lyrics on this single than on Common Dreads.

Enter Shikari remain to this day my most-enjoyed live act and I've seen Killswitch Engage, Bring Me The Horizon, The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, The Raconteurs, Florence And The Machine, Neil Young, Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen, Newton Faulkner, Pendulum, The Prodigy, Oasis, Kasabian, Muse, etc. etc. etc. There's many more and I'll recount a full list if you wish just to show you how many other big bands that I love (I love all of the ones listed, or else I wouldn't have went to see them), and how many other big bands I hold in lower esteem than I do Enter Shikari. They're electric when you see them live. Observe how much the Reading crowd loves them:

Yeah, I've seen that music video. I've actually seen them live too, when they came on tour with ADTR and a few other bands. I basically went just to see them though. They are DAMN good live, and it was fun. I just don't really like too much of their recorded music.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:51 am

basic music

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Wow, Nutcracker. You're starting to get into my league.

I find the band Deadlock to be slightly amusing.
On their 2007 album Wolves, they start out with this:

And end up with this:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Savage Circus...REALLY sound like Kamelot. Particularly the singer.

This Deadlock band are actually alright enough. Also, the female singer is pretty hot:

Plenty of bands do stuff like that though, I don't see why you're amused by that.

For instance, these two songs are both from Alesana's debut album On Frail Wings Of Vanity And Wax:

Alesana - Daggers Speak Louder Than Words:

Alesana - The Third Temptation Of Paris

That acoustic piano-led song is actually one of my favourite soft songs of all time. It just goes to show that if the band took themselves in a different direction they could make easily make themselves a Jack's Mannequin-type band. They just prefer post-hardcore. lolll

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't know. I guess I was just struck by the fact that the first (actually second) song starts out with him yelling "Come on, motherfuckers!" and that the last one is actually kind of soothing and chilled out.

I just find it somewhat pleasing. Image

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:49 am

This is the Kamelot's singers old band, cool progressive metal.

My styles are progressive power metal, progressive metal, some melodic death metal bands are ok. Neo classic and symphonic are good too.

Children of bodom is an amazing melodeath band (Finnish)

In this song the solo is just eargasmic

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:33 am

The riff that kicks in at 0:27 in that Conception song is really fucking good.

Pretty much everyone knows Children Of Bodom anyway. =P

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:56 am

Great sounding song, but some parts are too Pop sounding for me.

This one is bit more basic, and imo the intro without the drum comp and the rhytm guitar carries out too long and the woman singers voice sounds weird and annoying

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:24 pm

If you want to hear some epic Death Metal:

The musicvideo kicks ass!

I really agree with the top-rated comment, I really want to get on top of a tall building and yell "Romuluuus!"

More:
Ex Deo - Legio XII

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Alternative ska jazz reggae rock.