Post your workstation, or hardware

Post by Van » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Today I got a new keyboard.
post your setup or work station

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Re: Post your workstation, or hardware

Post by Jaz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

There's been an office thread. I guess I'll capture my office area in all of it's glory later though. :/

I think that keyboard's had a ton of issue reports btw. I think it was one of the keyboards I checked on Amazon last week.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

"Okay Akazi, time to show off a bit."
Image My system, monitor, mouse, and keyboard are, TT Esports mouse, Microsoft sidewinder x4, ASUS 27'' monitor, PC case is a 600T white, CPU Phenom ii x4 956, Motherboard 990FX-UD3, GPU AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB, 1TB harddrive, 120 GB SSD, 600W corsair power supply, G.skill sniper 8GB of DDR3 1866 Memory, rosewill wireless LAN PCI card, and I bought a corsair CPU water cooler but it didn't come with an AMD bracket so waiting on that to get here so I can put it in. I saved up a lot of money to buy all of this, the only thing I didn't buy was the desk. It was a b-day gift. All my PC parts are picked and build by me! It may not seem like much to people that have better, but for me it was quit the accomplishment.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Taken from my shitty camera phone.
At least now I've put the cover back on my awesomely beige case.

Id like to buy a new TV and make that old TV into a coffee table. It's a unique LCD TV with a nice, thick and heavy glass front on it. I was thinking if I could lay it horizontally as the table surface in a wood box.

Inside the box I could build a PC in there and use it for music and server space.

Still trying to decide if the TV would be damaged :/

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Van wrote:Image
At first glance, it looked like you had smeared jam over the section in the lower right.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Freshbite wrote:
Van wrote:Image
At first glance, it looked like you had smeared jam over the section in the lower right.
hehe, I thought the same exact thing! XD

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Akazi, your choice of case is... common. And a bit foolish I'm afraid. Cases like that are overpriced. Unless of course you have one of those weird loves for fancy cases.

I really do not understand buying a fancy case. Get a sturdy Antec case with good cooling. The Antec 300's had as good reviews as high-end cases and is cheaper ;)
It looks cool too. It may seem industrial from photos but it's very similar to my Antec One I believe. My Antec One(which is around the same price btw and has more features. Less GPU space though) looks great. It's polished and it's shaped well. It doesn't stand out in any way in my room.(Just how I like it. I don't want shiny stuff in my room. My room's plain. I much prefer matte)

Otherwise, awesome build.
I wish I could afford a 27" monitor. I'm still saving for a new GPU for my PC atm :P
(I've got specs around the same performance point as you except that I'm still using an old GPU while I save for a GTX 660)

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Jaz wrote:Akazi, your choice of case is... common. And a bit foolish I'm afraid. Cases like that are overpriced. Unless of course you have one of those weird loves for fancy cases.

I really do not understand buying a fancy case. Get a sturdy Antec case with good cooling. The Antec 300's had as good reviews as high-end cases and is cheaper ;)
It looks cool too. It may seem industrial from photos but it's very similar to my Antec One I believe. My Antec One(which is around the same price btw and has more features. Less GPU space though) looks great. It's polished and it's shaped well. It doesn't stand out in any way in my room.(Just how I like it. I don't want shiny stuff in my room. My room's plain. I much prefer matte))
OR gut a old beige one and use that. :P

Van

Post by Van » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm

haha, awesome nice photos guys.
yeah that's actually a sticker, it came with two of them but different colours

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Jaz wrote:Akazi, your choice of case is... common. And a bit foolish I'm afraid. Cases like that are overpriced. Unless of course you have one of those weird loves for fancy cases.

It looks cool too. It may seem industrial from photos but it's very similar to my Antec One I believe. My Antec One(which is around the same price btw and has more features. Less GPU space though) looks great. It's polished and it's shaped well. It doesn't stand out in any way in my room.(Just how I like it. I don't want shiny stuff in my room. My room's plain. I much prefer matte)

Otherwise, awesome build.
I wish I could afford a 27" monitor. I'm still saving for a new GPU for my PC atm :P
(I've got specs around the same performance point as you except that I'm still using an old GPU while I save for a GTX 660)
I quit like it a lot actually, I do agree it was a bit pricy, but It was what I was looking for in a great case, and it delivered. My old one barely fit my parts and it was hard to shut when I needed to open it. Also, in my opinion it was one of the best looking that I found, I don't like cases that have a crazy design, it has a cool kinda plane look in the front and I like that. :mrgreen:

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:42 am

ITT, people ignoring my shithole.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:10 pm

boner station

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:00 pm

underthedeep wrote:Image