non-Wolfire-related art/fanart

Anything else
Hionimi

Re: non-Wolfire-related art/fanart

Post by Hionimi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 am

Endoperez wrote:How do you draw, usually? Do you start drawing the pose and figure right away, or do you doodle some small thumbnail-sized ideas down first?

Ive found that thumbnailing and sketching really helps to get the concrete idea and details down, and unlike that finished drawing, they're fast to do. For example...

Oooooh. :shock: Mighty thanks for that. And I vary, sometimes it's easier to doodle away, only plotting the limbs each but not really as a whole, which I fear resulted in the strange pose. I'm going to borrow your little thumbnail-minions then. might help a lot. :wink:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:10 am

Nice that you like the tip. Those are not my doodles, BTW, I just realized I might have given that impression. It's just a random image from the 'net. I tend to doodle a lot, but I didn't have anything on hand where I had done action-y poses.

Here's a thumbnail page from when I was trying to design a humanoid robot.

Hionimi

Post by Hionimi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 pm

I ought to do this more as well yes, I have the tendency to draw with the aim to try out small sketches but keep getting caught into making full ones. Love your style by the way from what I'm seeing so far, makes me curious about what you make when you go all-out. :mrgreen:

Just some more stuff:
The legs are digitrade by the way, but ran out of paper... :roll: This be some sort of Demon that I'm drawing lately, partly inspired by Ulquiorra Cifer's and Ichigo Kurosaki's final Hollow forms from the Anime series Bleach, I don't like Anime too much, so if I watch it, it's exceptional. :lol:

Old doodle, I tend to put silly 'comment' smileys here and there sometimes.
Last edited by Hionimi on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Hionimi wrote: Love your style by the way from what I'm seeing so far, makes me curious about what you make when you go all-out. :mrgreen:
Thanks! My problem is that I don't go all-out, I always just end up doing more quick sketches! :lol: I don't have a good understanding of anatomy and musculature, because I almost never draw big enough for those details to matter. I really like that in your drawings.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:11 am

School stuff:

Click here for a slightly bigger view.

I'm making an Android game.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm

awesome :D

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 am

More ostrich updates, this is going to be the background for our menu screen:

I'll probably redo the clouds and put them on a separate layer so they're moving in-game.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

It looks really nice! :D

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Here's some drawings I did this last week. The first two are just me trying to get an idea for different age groups of their species. The last one is the first in a set of exercises trying to transpose human emotion and body language onto them.
juv_male_darker_smaller.jpg
compare_darker_smaller.jpg
Original Photo: http://assets.noisey.com/content-images ... 9f7216.jpg
04_darker_smaller.jpg

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:49 am

Sketching and thumbnailing are really useful skills to have. You should have more of them, though! If you have two drawings of a child, you can see which is the better one. If you only have one, you don't usually know how well you succeeded.

Your lines are a bit jaggy, are you perhaps drawing lines and curves with lots of small short strokes? It might be a good idea to go over the lines and strengthen the final lines with a pen or a brush-tipped pen or just a softer pencil.
It might just be the bad scans, though.

I like the clothes on the final one, but not the pose. He looks suspicious, but I don't understand how he'd take that pose if he was suspicious...

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Thumbnailing is what I need to do more, started doing it a bit with facial expressions on ponies.
I tend to do lots of small strokes, but my girlfriend is teaching me some new techniques as well. Wasn't too concerned with final products on these ones though, since I'm just roughing out ideas. Also don't have any better pencils than plain ole school ones.
The scanner didn't do justice either though, unfortunately. Not sure which is adding the jagginess you mentioned though.

I dunno about the pose, was just trying to figure out how to relay facial expressions. These guys have very little facial structure in common with humans, so I was trying to find which parts could me manipulated to give different feelings. The pose and clothing just came along from the source photos.

daimmx

Post by daimmx » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:54 am

sculpture count
Attachments
IMG_20131119_171348.jpg

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:14 pm

I'd post my XCOM/ fan art, but the method of uploading images won't work with Windows 8.1

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Through some odd tangent of our discussions in a Skype mass chat, I have been assigned the task of creating a bunch of gay 3-ways between the OCs of me and some of my military buddies.
[+] very gay
[+] so slash
[+] wow

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:56 pm

.... okay?

In other news, I'll try to have my game released for Android in about two weeks. It's the same one I've posted pictures from, wild west backgrounds and ostrich and stuff.